5.0 out of 5 stars "You make my pants wanna get up and dance!", 8 Nov 2010
I have an ever-growing library on witchcraft and life improvement. The difference between Magical Housekeeping and other similar books is that the author makes you want to get started right away! She does not only state the obvious and break it down, she gives reasons why immediate action is imperative. This is a book that removes all excuses. It is an easy-to-follow manual to fix a whole life and make improvements beyond that. Truly inspirational and extremely enjoyable. I very much doubt if this book will make it to my bookshelf any time soon. I want it there on the tabletop! Bravo!

5.0 out of 5 stars Something different., 21 Jun 2013
This review is from: Magical Housekeeping: Simple Charms and Practical Tips for Creating a Harmonious Home (Kindle Edition)
I have accumulated quite a library on witchcraft and paganism over the last 16 or so years and I can say without any doubt the words in this book have stayed with me more than any other. It is a call to action book. It is fresh, unique and relevant. The advice is liberating and the magic is evident. Highly recommended to all.

5.0 out of 5 stars Unique Housecleaning, 8 Jun 2011
Magical Housekeeping by Tess Whitehurst is a book that is a strong blend of mystical and housecleaning type of advice on creating a more organized environment in your home. I enjoy this book because Tess gives persuasive and fun reasons how organizing and doing different things in the arena of housecleaning around your home can be beneficial for other areas of your life as well. Her book can be used regardless of if you live in an apartment or house. The following is some of the enjoyable information contained in Tess's guide:

Clutter Clearing: She explains how physical clutter, emotional clutter, and certain areas of life are connected. She lists some of the types of clutter, and some creative ways to decide on whether or not to keep certain items. Tess also gives a great idea on a process that one can do to also forgive. I still allow myself to buy some of the things I want when it feels right and is appropriate. However,the reading of this chapter has helped make me more aware of only keeping what I am going to actually use, and when it is best to give away the high-quality excess items that someone else can use. I also am more alert to the most efficient ways of resourcefully making room for other items when I do further purchases. I must say that less than three days after first conducting the organization process an idea spontaneously came to me for a solution about something that was on my mind. Many may say that this is just coincidence, but I see it differently because of the circumstances surrounding the fruition of the solution that came less than three days after I first started the organization process.

Harmonious Positions: Tess gives a catchy blueprint of the different power centers of a home, and strategic ways on how to go about placing certain things for certain areas (such as the Creativity & Playfulness centers and the Synchronicity and Miracles center). What I also like is that she lists some steps on how to draw the plan for yourself. Tess also gives some informative bedroom tips for suggestions on where to put certain items (for instance, she gently suggests taking a balanced approach to only have a minimal number of books and decorations in the bedroom area of the home).

The Three Secrets of Empowerment: Tess gives some information on how to enhance your intentions with magical housecleaning around your home.

Magical Housekeeping by Tess Whitehurst is a great guide to get if you care about having a home that increases the well-being of your spirit.

5.0 out of 5 stars excellent, 27 Jan 2014
Fantastic read with excellent recipes and references. The quinticentual guide for any witch who needs to stripe it all back and get back to basics

4.0 out of 5 stars This is a good book worth reading and I don't regret buying it ..., 4 Sep 2014
This is a good book worth reading and I don't regret buying it though I don't agree with every recommendation and some tips sound a bit silly (clutter-cleaning checklist or how to tell it's clutter)

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 2 Nov 2014