on 2 June 2011
At one pound and two pence, it is cheap and that shows.

Difficult to plug and unplug it from the connector, very tight fit and it catches on the right hand side. Slightly worried it will damage the phone.

From other reviews it seems a lottery if you get a good one or not, I guess for just over a pound delivered, you pays ya money and takes ya chances ! Will keep it as backup in the glove box..
on 17 January 2011
For many years, I have been no stranger to buying 3rd party cables for my Apple products. With this in mind, I didn't have high hopes for this one as none have ever seemed to match authentic Apple-branded wires.

How wrong I was!

What struck me about this particular cable was the positive reviews and the colour of it. I liked the idea of it matching my phone and for the money it was practically for nothing, a gamble worth taking. When I received the wire the first thing that struck me was just how similar it was to the genuine Apple cable I got with my iPhone (apart from the obvious colour difference). Both connection ends look exactly like the original article.

One of the main problems I have with 3rd party cables are they tend not to fit the iPhone perfectly, more than often they are 'too snug' and I fear them damaging the connector on the iPhone. This cable does not suffer from such a problem. It snaps into place perfectly, if not *as* firmly as the Apple original. This is by no means a bad thing, as it makes connecting and disconnecting a much easier task. Judging from having used the cable several times so far, I am confident that it will maintain it's secure connection over the test of time.

Overall the cable feels of a very high quality and I am more than impressed with it. I use the 'Gear4 Icebox' with my iPhone 4 and can confirm this wire fits perfectly through the case with plenty of room left over, so no problems there.

Highly recommended!
on 8 April 2012
Although I only paid two pounds for this is just doesn't work. Enough said. Seems like many other are having the same problem. I think I am going to buy a more expensive one that should hopefully work
on 21 August 2012
You plug it into one thing and then plug it into the other thing and then all the electricity and music and that goes through it and that's it. It's a cable. If you need a cable and you think this is the right cable then you should buy it. If it's not the right cable then you've bought the wrong one.

It hasn't fallen apart like that stupid belt I bought on Amazon, so it gets four stars for that alone.
on 6 March 2012
Bought this for my new car as didn't want the white cable as was very obvious in the car. Thought this one was ideal as was a very good price, unfortunately you get what you pay for with this product as it is not compatible for charging iPhones works ok to transfer music from phone to car but that is all. Very let down with the product as doesn't do what it claims on the site
on 24 May 2012
First thing.The First cable I got did not work.I told the seller this then with in no time at all I had a replacement at my house.I can tell you now it works well has bait of a tight fit in the iPhone but it does what you need it to.

Top marks to the seller 5/5
Cable itself 4/5
Mark off just for it being a bit tight that some people may not like
on 10 March 2012
Bought this cable to use with my iPod to car head unit, the lead worked fine for a week or so, then developed a fault where it would lose the signal if you touched the lead, even ever so slightly.

Would not buy again, have to find a more expensive replacement.
on 12 January 2016
I was looking for a long connect cable for my old iPhone and this is long enough for me to charge my iPhone while I'm in bed, result! The cable is 70 cm and as it's black, it always looks great unlike the tradition white ones.
on 20 July 2011
This product looks very much like the official apple product. I have used it to charge and sync my iphone, without any issues, but the connector into the bottom of the iPhone is a little too tight. Every time I use it I'm afraid that I will damage my iPhone as it does require some waggling to disconnect the cable. Hopefully this will get better with use.
on 12 September 2011
I wouldn't buy this again the fit is very tight from lead to iPhone so much so you are almost feel like your damaging your phone eveytime your using it.