on 17 February 2013
I have slim wrists for a bloke so have to choose my watches carefully.
This one was chosen for me by my wife and initially I thought it was rather chunky, however I find it is light and very comfortable to wear.
The watch has Timex's fantastic Indiglo backlight, which on this model normally stays on for as long as the "Indiglo" button is pressed but by holding the button down util it beeps, it can be set to stay on for three seconds after a quick press - this behaviour lasts for three hours before reverting back to normal presumably to save the battery.
There is a date function provided by the digital display (the information above says there isn't one) and this can be the default display rather than the time - press and hold the""alarm" button until the watch beeps.
The digital and analogue times can be set independently plus there is a second time zone available on the digital display (so that's up to three time zones in total). The alarm will work from either of the digital time zones (T1 or T2) and sounds for 20 seconds or until a button is pressed.
The stopwatch has Lap or Split modes and there is also a countdown timer which I haven't used yet.
On the downside, the instructions provided in the box were very confusing (too brief and covering too many models). There is a much better set on the Timex website - look for W223.
Also the luminous markers fade quickly so you'll really need that backlight.
However with plenty of features plus 50m water resistance at under £40 (shop around), this gets a thumbs up.
on 27 December 2012
I rather liked the look of this watch and was in need of a new timepiece. I've only had it for about a week so here are my good and bad points.

It is quite a chunky looking design but it is quite light on the wrist and for me at least the strap is very comfortable. Setting the time and date was very easy. The indiglo backlight is very effective.

The only down side that I have noticed is that sometimes it is quite hard to read in low lighting, especially the digital display, most of the time this is just a bit fiddly but I am concerned that in the long run this may compromise the battery life.

If you want a good looking watch for a reasonable price I would recommend this one if it is to your taste.
on 11 November 2014
What can i say about this watch? it's about my 4th or 5th of these - they don't go wrong but I seem to keep smashing my wrist into things and damaging them. I keep buying them though, which has to say something about them.

Basically a simple to use watch with a great light, if it has a flaw it's that a sideways knock on the buttons can jam them. If I was more careful, I'd still be using my first one, they don't seem to go wrong, ever.

Would I buy another? Yes, hopefully I'll be able to make this one last for a few years first though. :)
on 16 November 2014
Lovely watch. Awful packaging - really annoying sticker on rear that the gum cannot be removed from (it goes over time).

Had it for 2 weeks so cannot comment on longevity but it looks good on.

LED display is small if your eyesight is deteriorating with age like mine. It is fiddly to set and you will need the instructions as it is not intuitive to use.

Got mine for £49.99 from Kays Watches via Amazon. Had need to liaise with them and they were courteous and helpful.
on 29 January 2013
Needed a watch which had a digital readout and analogue and this is perfect. Great sized face and loads of functions. Took a while to get used to and the glow in the dark feature is very handy.
on 1 January 2016
Timed expedition white with digital. Very nice watch. Feels heavy but don't notice the weight on the wrist. It has a loud tick on the bedside table, but again don't notice it on the wrist. Date set a default digital display. Non repeating countdown chrono, alarm and date functionality and readability are good. Strap us nice, even when wet... Only down is the strap is quite soft when trying to remove so the buckle pin does not easily come out... Otherwise very happy at 50 pounds, and recommend.
Update June 2016. This is my everyday watch - it looks good and has good luminosity to read in the dark. The tick is really loud. The digital part is pretty useless - stiff buttons to work, hard to program and often has a watch hand in the way. Overall an OK watch but I'm sure there is better for the money.
on 6 May 2014
Wanted to return to a watch with a date - that I didn't have to reset for different length months. That meant it needed a digital element. The watch is chunky - twice as thick as the one it replaced - but I've barely noticed it, it's so comfortable.
on 1 August 2014
I bought this from Argos as an inexpensive watch to travel with but with all the functions I would need. I loved the date with day as I was losing track of days whilst on my 7m trip. Loved this watch but did a watch swap along the way not because I needed to but I was given a more expensive watch and really miss the versatility of this and all the features. Love the alarm, indiglo everything and lots of people complimented the look and clear display. Can't replace it at the same price unfortunately but would love to. A bit dear for over £60 but maybe it's because I was spoilt for buying for less than £40.
on 13 June 2013
I like the robust strap and large face of the watch. The digital display is a bit small. I havent found out how to set the digital display yet because there were no instructions in the box!
I also had to take the watch to a jewellers to have some links taken out of the strap as it was too big. Once again, no instructions so i couldnt do this myself. It cost £5 at the jewellers which is ok but another cost on top of the watch you need to bear in mind.
on 14 November 2013
Very good as a secondary watch. It looks good and I really enjoy being able to see the date, even if in the American format. Seems very solid and was pretty cheap.

The only thing I can say is wrong with the watch is that the instruction booklet is completely turd. Doesn't help in any way. For about 5 days the alarm was going off at 5am and I couldn't figure out how to turn it off. Thanks for the disrupted sleep, Timex. I sat and fiddled with it for a bit and somehow turned it off.

See one answered question