5.0 out of 5 stars Your Vinyl to CD
Hello I have been a vinyl fan for as long as I can remember but alas I am now a senior citizen and convience is taking over.Computor audio with a nice little Dac I have easy access to downloads via iTunes rip CDs but what about my vinyl.I discovered through a magazine review the Olympus LS-5 Digital Rec.This little beauty records vinyl at CD standard but will also...
Published on 6 Oct 2011 by hifi alex

3.0 out of 5 stars Olympus LS-5 Digital audio recorder.
Simple to operate, this works very well. However, I find the Playback Volume very quiet and this is a real "Downer" as far as I am concerned.
Published 3 months ago by Neddy Seagoon

5.0 out of 5 stars Little Gem, 28 Nov 2012
Gordon Thomson "Mr Fussy" (London) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Olympus LS-5 PCM Digital Audio Recorder (Office Product)
This is superb easy to use great results compact Quality product very hard to fault with profetional results couldnt ask for more
There are better Recorders out there but not for the price and the ease of use make it a no brainer.

3.0 out of 5 stars Olympus LS-5 Digital audio recorder., 19 April 2014

5.0 out of 5 stars Olympus LS-5, 15 April 2014
This review is from: Olympus LS-5 PCM Digital Audio Recorder (Office Product)
YES I am well pleased with my little recorder
I found out Olympus had stopped making this model and I thought I wasn't going to get one.

Many thanks, Graham

5.0 out of 5 stars Eggselent, 13 April 2014
L. J. Snell "Les" (UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Olympus LS-5 PCM Digital Audio Recorder (Office Product)
Great sound and syncs nicely with my video camera, no longer need the wireless mics used previously. As it states not very practical for personal stereo player to listen to mp3s.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good sound quality and easy to use, 11 Jan 2014
No Goin Back (Isle of Man. UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Olympus LS-5 PCM Digital Audio Recorder (Office Product)
Good sound quality and easy to use, quite intuitive for a non techie like myself.
Use this to record EFT sessions with my clients so that they can listen back to the session.
Really like this and for the price it does the job well from across a medium size room even if you are both
a different distance away.
Easy to upload onto a pc as an MP3 and can record in different file types and different envelopes

5.0 out of 5 stars A must for recording important official and commercial conversations, 25 Nov 2013
This review is from: Olympus LS-5 PCM Digital Audio Recorder (Office Product)
Discrete, easy to operate and sensitive, enabling very high quality recording. A must for recording conversations with official and commercial entities (especially insurance companies) and works well with the ReTell 145 Call recording adaptor.

4.0 out of 5 stars Easy to use. Good sound., 19 Jan 2013
This review is from: Olympus LS-5 PCM Digital Audio Recorder (Office Product)
Liked it so much, have bought another for my father. Easy to operate and play back through the amplifier. Good product.

4.0 out of 5 stars EXCELLENT RECORDER, 16 Jan 2013
This review is from: Olympus LS-5 PCM Digital Audio Recorder (Office Product)
The LS-5 is a fantastic little recorder for the money. I am blown away by the quality of the built-in mics, especially on 96khz - 24bit. External mics are fed power via the mini jack port and I have tested this with a Sony ECM-CG50 and it is amazing! I do not regret buying this over similar products out there.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Digital Audio Recorder, 12 Jan 2013
This review is from: Olympus LS-5 PCM Digital Audio Recorder (Office Product)
As an amateur musician I like to record some of my performances. Previously I'd used a variety of recorders starting with an open-reel Revox A-77, through a Sony DAT, Sony Minidisc, as well as using a digitla audio mixing desk and feeding this through a USB port to my computer. All worked well, but were somewhat bulky and inconvenient for one reason or another.

Then I spotted this little gem. It turned out to exactly what I was looking for. Using its internal microphones one can make excellent quality recording in a wide variety of formats and sampling rates. This is not the place to list its full specs, download a product sheet from Olymus. Suffice to say that all the normal formats are covered. There is also provision for an external microphone which can be a condensor or a dynamic, the polarisation voltage can be enabled or disabled, and for binaural recodings I have successfully used the Roland in-ear binaural earphon-microphone units. There is a line input socket, and with this I can make direct audio recodings from my keyboard line output. It also doubles as an audio player. One minor drawback is that normal WMA files with ID3 tags are not displayed correctly, but then this was never designed to double as a Wallkman or Ipod.

My only criticism is that the accompanying Olympus digital editor suite that is included with the product is minimal. There is an option to purchase the full editor but sadly when I tried I was informed by Olympus that "It was not available in my area."

Overall, an excellent product, which can produce superb audio quality recordings.

3.0 out of 5 stars Surprised and disappointed !, 29 July 2012
This review is from: Olympus LS-5 PCM Digital Audio Recorder (Office Product)
It served well for the reason I bought it viz: to record from my DAB radio.
For recording in the field however it is virtually useless. It requires the recording volume to be set at
maximum gain to record TV from a distance of 6 feet. At anything less the playback is all but inaudible.
I assumed that it must be down to me but now I think not and sadly it is way past the Amazon 30 day return date.