5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent value for money !
Published on 13 Jan 2012 by Mr. Robin B. Webb

1.0 out of 5 stars Flimsy rubbish
It fell apart almost straight away the cases just split from each other, I couldn't find the software after hours of searching, never got it to work so resorted to plugging my headphones into the back of the computer.
Published 22 months ago by Ben

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent value for money !, 13 Jan 2012
This review is from: Dynamode USB Sound Card 7 (Accessory)
I ordered this USB sound card as a replacement for a faulty sound card on my laptop PC which had left me with no sound from the internal speakers and no microphone input. I didn't expect much given the other reviews, but have been very impressed with the device. Since I have only just received the unit I can't comment on it's longevity, but device looks robust enough to last enough if handled with reasonable care.

The first point to clear up in response to reviews saying that there is no 7.1 sound or that the left and right speakers are reversed, is that YOU NEED TO DOWNLOAD THE SOFTWARE AND DRIVERS to enable the 7.1 functionality. The Xear 3D software provides lots of effects functions as well as providing the option to swap left and right channels.

So to be clear, the device does not come with a CD containing any software. The unit will download the generic drivers it needs to operate when you first plug it in, but the associated Cmedia / Xear3D device management software that provides control over the 7.1 effects etc. needs to be separately downloaded and installed. I use DriverGenius software to automatically detect new drivers and download them but you should also be able to find it by searching for Cmedia CM108 drivers and/or Xear 3D.

I suspect this device is being sold cheaply because it doesn't have the software bundled with it, but once you have tracked down and installed the software it is excellent! I have uploaded screen-shots of Cmedia / Xear3D software to the product description. Hope this helps !

5.0 out of 5 stars Works with PS3, 19 Oct 2011
This review is from: Dynamode USB Sound Card 7 (Accessory)
Got 2 for using with PS3(s).

Plug headset Mic into back of TV
headset headphone into soundcard

Plug soundcard into USB socket on PS3.

Config PS3 to use soundcard for micophone input and sound out as normal

Can now have chat and game audio at same time.

5.0 out of 5 stars all working as it should, 24 May 2011
This review is from: Dynamode USB Sound Card 7 (Accessory)
had a problem with the first one i was sent and i wasnt going to do anything about it but the company who supply this saw my first post, contacted me and sent me another which i am happy to report works perfectly. Very good service and i would be happy to use this company again.

1.0 out of 5 stars Flimsy rubbish, 7 Oct 2012

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing for price, 7 Jun 2012
This review is from: Dynamode USB Sound Card 7 (Accessory)
Bought this for second soundcard using headphones for Virtual DJ. Looks and feels a bit cheap, but the sound through the headphones is fantastic, which is all that matters as that's what I've bought it for. Haven't tried the mic, so don't know how that is. For the purpose of 2nd soundcard - brilliant.

2.0 out of 5 stars For The Money It's OK, 15 Dec 2011
This review is from: Dynamode USB Sound Card 7 (Accessory)
I bought this simply because my front headphone out socket is broken. Once opened it was up and running within seconds. No drivers, no nothing. It cuts off your internal sound card and once I had put the headphones in it worked straight away. On removal the internal sound card kicks straight back in. That's the good bits.

The sound quality is dire though and no matter how much I messed around with graphic equalizers and other settings it still sounds very tinny, no base at all. The volume switches on the device sometimes work and are at best a bit laggy. I found it easiest to set the device volume quite low and control the actual volume though Windows Media Player or whatever program you intend to use it with.

However, for a couple of quid it does work. But not very well.

1.0 out of 5 stars The left and right output is wrong, 12 Nov 2011
This review is from: Dynamode USB Sound Card 7 (Accessory)
The left output goes to the right headphone/speaker and vice versa, the driver does not have the ability to switch this and neither does windows - There is nothing wrong with my headset as when its plugged into my onboard sound it works correctly.

Do not get this if you need to rely on correct left/right speaker use

4.0 out of 5 stars This eventually worked, 24 Oct 2011
This review is from: Dynamode USB Sound Card 7 (Accessory)
My on-board sound card never worked. Eventually I got fed up by this and tried to source a separate sound card. I got an internal one, but the fitting was wrong. I settled for this one and was initially disappointed, as there was a lot of noise on the sound. My daughter suggested that the original on-board sound was interfering, so I disabled that and the sound is now fine. The price was good too.

2.0 out of 5 stars Got what i paid for., 2 Sep 2011
This review is from: Dynamode USB Sound Card 7 (Accessory)
To be honest i didn't expect much from this as 7.1 through that sized usb AND for that price sounds impossible. I thought it was worth a try due to the price.

First of all, keep one thing in mind: IT IS NOT a 7.1 sound adapter! This adapter has 1 input and 1 output sockets, to connect 7.1 or 5.1 properly you need 4 and 2 sockets.

First thing i came to notice after removing the dilivery packaging is word "virtual 7.1" (Which basically means "not real"). That made me glad it was cheap and I got it for testing and not using. Virtual 7.1 (or simulated as packaging says) is supposed to give you the effect of 7.1 through a headset, which made me wonder, where the does "1" in "7.1" go, there is no way a headset can simulate a subwoofer, nor can it boost the bass without risk of burning the headset. Furthermore, 2 speakers cannot provide 5 directional sound (not to mention 7).

When i actually tried it out on 5.1 speakers and a normal headset i noticed 2 things.
Speakers: no "3d", not even a 3d effect, it worked like normal stereo sound card.
Headset: Bass as well as most of other low frequency sounds actually dissapeared or faded to the point where i could bearly hear them, only high frequency sound remained unchanged (or maybe amplified a bit).

Overall, if your sound card burned down this might be a good thing to have until you get get a proper one, but it's not the kind I would like to be using.

3.0 out of 5 stars Cheap and nasty..., 18 Aug 2011
This review is from: Dynamode USB Sound Card 7 (Accessory)
You get what you pay for - had mine for a week or two, working fine - now it keeps muting itself, or muting-unmuting intermittently for no reason, regardless of which USB port it's in. Not even worth returning. Will find a better one and sling this one soon. Shame, because sound quality was otherwise very good.

Update: Figured out that the press-able casing over the mute buttons had come lose and were pressing into the buttons inside, causing the mute/unmute problems. Managed to pull the shell open with surprising ease to refit the lose part - in fairness I have raised rating from 2 to 3 stars, but find the outer build quality poor compared to the decent sound quality it produces. If this was the same sound card housed in a solid case, with better buttons I would happily pay a few quid more.

Dynamode USB Sound Card 7