Platform: Nintendo DS|Change

on 26 December 2010
I got given this game for Christmas and i was very excited as i had specifically wanted it and had heard it was pretty good.
I really enjoyed all of the mini puzzles that you have to do, i found it kept the game constantly going and engaging all the way through.
I also thought that giving all of the character's detailed backrounds made me relate more to them and become more emotionally invloved with all of the characters.
I finished this game within 1 day as i found it totally addictive and that i just had to keep going to solve the puzzles until the end. The ending of the game was slightly short and abruptive, so if i could change anything with this game, it would be to elaborate on the end and make it a bit better but also for the overall game to be slightly longer so that there are more puzzles to solve and a bit more storytelling involved.
Overall, i really enjoyed this game and I really liked all of the different elements ranging from puzzles, storytelling to conversation making involved.
on 9 August 2010
Having played several other games from Avanquest (GSP?), I was expecting this to be more of a hidden object game, in the same mode as Mystery Stories and Jewel Quest Mysteries. There are hidden object elements to the game, but the main gameplay is made up of collecting objects and using them for tasks later in the game, much more in-keeping with the good old fashioned adventure games. It's quite enjoyable, frustratingly hard at times, and I've been playing it for over three hours now (with the help of some online hints, I have to admit! :o), and still have a fair way to go. I would have stretched to four stars if some of the tasks had been more straightforward, but in all, I think 3 stars is a fair score for a fair game.
on 19 January 2011
I ABSOLUTELY LOVED THIS GAME.BEING A BIT OF AN OBSESIVE ABOUT THE TITANIC HERSELF PROBABLY INFLUENCES MY REVIEW.
THE GRAPHICS ARE AMAZING WORTH THE PRICE OF THE GAME ALONE.
YOU HAVE TO FIND HIDEN OBJECTS AND SOLVE THE RIDDLES TO EVENTUALLY GET TO A LIFE BOAT BEFORE THE SHIP SINKS.
AS TIME PASSES YOU WILL SEE THE TIME LINE ELAPSE AS THE WATER STARTS TO ENTER THE SHIP.PLACES BECOMING VERY GHOSTLY LOOKING WITH THE LIGHTS STILL BEAMING FROM UNDER THE WATER.
THE GAME IS SHORTER THAN MOST PUZZLE GAMES I HAVE HAD BUT GIVEN THE FANTASTIC PRICE AMAZON ARE OFFERING,I THINK IT IS A JOLLY GOOD VALUE FOR MONEY.
BEWARE-VERY HIGHLY ADDICTIVE-DO NOT TRY TO MAKE TOAST AT THE SAME TIME-
FANTASTIC FUN FANTASTIC GRAPHICS WHICH ARE EXACT TO THE TITANICS DECOR BY THE WAY.
I HIGHLY RECOMEND THIS GAME .
HOPE THEY DO A FOLLOW UP GAME TO THIS.
44 comments|9 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
The Hidden Mystery series of games are usually good but not this one! I had finished it in just over 1 and a half hours. It was so easy it was nearly laughable and the ending was abrupt............I'm afraid there's not much more I can say about this game except for, save your money for something worth playing.
on 9 November 2010
I really enjoyed this game, whilst waiting for the new Professor Layton game to come out. I thought nothing would match up to Professor Layton but I really enjoyed Titanic.
on 10 August 2010
I finished the whole game in about three hours! Trying to click on items in scenes proved to be quite tricky at times, the actual storyline did not last long enough to get to know any of the characters and the puzzles were sometimes difficult to understand but easily solved by a few random clicks. Because of this the overall game was a bit dull and one-dimensional. I would strongly advise you to spend your money on something else!
on 12 September 2014
This is probably the worst game we have ever bought for the DS. It is boring, confusing and overly complex for the '3' rating. My son was going round in circles and couldn't figure it out (he's &), so he asked me to try and work it out and I couldn't manage it either. A waste of money. I t has been sat on the side ever since.
on 28 December 2010
Really disappointed by this game which for the most part linked meaningless objects to solving problems. A poor plot line, an even poorer script given to the cliche characters meant that the hidden mystery element of this is wondering why this game was produced. Solved all the levels of this in about 3 hours and battled on to the end in the hope there could be some improvement. Disaster of a game.
on 11 March 2014
I had this game recommended by Amazon as I had previously played the Salem Secrets game. I expected something of similar complexity. I was most disappointed having started the game at bedtime yesterday , I finished it whilst drinking my coffee this morning. I was left feeling " Is that it?!" Not value for money.
TOP 1000 REVIEWERon 1 June 2014
I got this for my Son who was going through a big "Titanic" phase at the time (and still is to a point)
The game is quite simple, solve the puzzles in each scene. It's not that hard either, but the main problem is the game size. It's pretty short after a couple of hours you have finished the game and there is nothing here to bring you back again (like most games of this type they are a "one hit wonder")

There are better solve the puzzle games around, that are more challenging and much longer. However they are all very limited in replay value. Even so this just isn't big enough and doesn't impress in terms of the challenge or in any other way. Merely an average game. I'm being a bit generous with 3 stars (the game isn't awful by any means, just ho hum)