5.0 out of 5 stars From hate it to love it (with much swearing)
I bought this last summer while back in the UK and expected it to be plug and play which, as many others have said in their reviews, it is far from! Returning home to the Philippines (the relevance of this fact will become clear later) it sat idle in my office drawer until September when I rediscovered it and decided to have another shot at installing it. The problems...
Published on 28 Sept. 2011 by Mike Dickinson

3.0 out of 5 stars Bluenext GPS dongle
I am using this with a DELL 10" WinXP mini laptop. Item works fine once you have an understanding of USB/Serial drivers and baud speed. Recommend using hyperterminal in XP if you have any doubts as this autobauds - but you will need to figure out which COM number is used by this USB BlueNEXT device. Word of warning the screen shots in the user documentation are...
Published on 25 Nov. 2011 by J. Breen

1.0 out of 5 stars Wasted so much of my time, 5 Jun. 2011
D. Stokes "Davy" (UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Bluenext - BN903S 65 Channels GPS Dongle (Misc.)
Spent a whole day trying to install then found that the installation instructions were incomplete.

Once installed it would not connect to my mapping software cos it is not NMEA compliant - it runs at 9600bps whereas NMEA-compliant software requires 4800bps.
Could get no useful help from Bluenext.

Don't imagine that you can just plug it into the USB port of your laptop in the car; I need to use the supplied USB extension lead to enable me to place the dongle on the dashboard before I can get a reliable fix - and thats in open countryside.

5.0 out of 5 stars Bought in error, but obviously excellent kit, 2 July 2014
This review is from: Bluenext - BN903S 65 Channels GPS Dongle (Misc.)
This works 100%. Unfortunately, I bought it in error: I was looking for a battery-powered bluetoooth GPS dongle for my old dumb-phone. Alas I had to return it, but not before trying it out on my laptop. It does what it says on the tin.

Bluenext: they make top class kit. I might have mis-read this one, but that doesn't diminish its functionality one iota,

2.0 out of 5 stars Poor performance and indifferent software., 3 April 2014
This review is from: Bluenext - BN903S 65 Channels GPS Dongle (Misc.)
Very disappointing but at the price it is OK for outdoor use. I would look elsewhere for a more suitable unit though the price will be higher.

3.0 out of 5 stars Neat, 24 Mar. 2014
C. F. Reed (Shrops. UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Bluenext - BN903S 65 Channels GPS Dongle (Misc.)
Still battling with drivers in Win and Linux OS - the Bluenext site being next to useless, but have downloaded the bridge drivers from the Silicon Industries site and hope for success - when I find the spare time to devote to it.

5.0 out of 5 stars seems to work well?, 12 Feb. 2014
This review is from: Bluenext - BN903S 65 Channels GPS Dongle (Misc.)
I bought this for my very cheap android tablet that doesnt have built in gps. I have downloaded google earth and was hoping that the gps would indicate it's location on google earth? there aren't really any instructions for this gps dongle other than connect a steady light appears indicates the thing is on and searching when ready this is indicated by slow flashing of the green light although I have no idea what mode the tablet needs to be in to work as a chart or map plotter.

3.0 out of 5 stars High-speed cul-de-sac, 18 Oct. 2013
This review is from: Bluenext - BN903S 65 Channels GPS Dongle (Misc.)
The GPS receiver seems to work very quickly in itself. Getting it to connect to anything else has been less successful.

I eventually found the Win7 driver but wasted a lot of time with Navigator 12 Free mapping and various GPS/USB utilities before finding that Nav12 would sort itself out without help.

My non-GPS android tablet has a miniUSB2 socket and seems to have the required usb/serial interface. So far no joy in getting anything to recognise the GPS data. BlueNext does not seem to have a website.

4.0 out of 5 stars Bluenext BN903S GPS Dongle, 12 Oct. 2013
This review is from: Bluenext - BN903S 65 Channels GPS Dongle (Misc.)
The item was promptly delivered, I installed the drivers (XP) without problem, works perfectly indoors as long as the dongle is near a window, using the Globalsat ND-100S software which can cope with 9600 baud it gives a fairly accurate indication of position.

5.0 out of 5 stars great kit, 7 Oct. 2013
This review is from: Bluenext - BN903S 65 Channels GPS Dongle (Misc.)
This is a fantastic bit of kit and picks up satellites in a second. Note that the first time you use this on a new continent, it may need around 30 min to pick up the satellites.
This is just a receiver, you will need to buy or find some open-source maps and navigation software out there.
If you are planning on using a mac, you will need to use a windows emulator. Mine occasionally bugged on the mac but this is likely one of the many bugs when running the software, probably down to the emulator, not the dongle.

4.0 out of 5 stars Bluenext - BN903S 65 Channels GPS Dongle, 28 Sept. 2013
This review is from: Bluenext - BN903S 65 Channels GPS Dongle (Misc.)
I bought the dongle to work with Google maps on an android operating system. I have been unsuccessful in making this work. The dongle however works perfectly with Windows. If it had worked with the android system it would have been 5 stars.

5.0 out of 5 stars Just what I needed., 19 Sept. 2013
This review is from: Bluenext - BN903S 65 Channels GPS Dongle (Misc.)
I use this GPS dongle inside my yacht cabin to navigate via my laptop chart software. It picks up the satelites easily. and accurately. Battery power consumption is negligable. Carries on working in the background even when my laptop goes automatically to sleep mode to save power (most important on a sailing yacht). When I wake the laptop up to refer to my position.; the chart and GPS position is displayed immediately. My old GPS receiver used 0.3 amp of current.

Bluenext - BN903S 65 Channels GPS Dongle