5.0 out of 5 stars The Seagull
Published 18 months ago by Jinjapewbs

1.0 out of 5 stars Deflating experience
Published on 20 Oct 2011 by S. Brearley

5.0 out of 5 stars The Seagull, 2 May 2013
= Durability:5.0 out of 5 stars  = Fun:1.0 out of 5 stars  = Educational:3.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: NEW INFLATABLE SEAGULL 76cm GREAT FOR BEACH SCENES (Toy)
Having pulled the package from the envelope, I tore at the plastic wrapping unleashing the heady fumes of sealed plastic into the tight air of my living room. Perhaps, if I realised then what I know now, I might have stopped and put the accursed thing back in its envelope. But I was intoxicated with joy at the thought of the funny little seagull and how much it would look at home, hanging from my ceiling. And so, I inflated it...
Things went well for the first day or two. It dangled quite serenely from a corner of the ceiling; catching the occasional waft of fresh air from the open window.
I couldn't have been happier.
However, slowly but surely, over the next few days, something crept over me, like a frail shroud of fear.
It started innocuously enough - the glimpse of the seagull's plastic skin, turning slowly as I enter the room and flick on the light. A movement when there is no breeze to form it. Then, the eyes. Those once-so-welcoming orbs, which now seemed to stare at me, caught in the corner of my eye as I watch television. Never blinking. Only staring. Silent. Judging me.
It has been over a week now.
I want to take the seagull down. I need to. But something stops me.
Once, I was scared to enter the room. Now I am afraid to leave it.
What strange, mesmeric power does this thing hold over me?
Why does it stare so?
Why am I so powerless against it?
My body feels more drained with every passing moment.
I know it will come for me soon. Swoop down from that accursed corner of the ceiling which it inhabits. Feed on me as I sleep. Pluck out my eyeballs with two simple stabs of that orange beak. But I must rest soon.
I am tired. So tired. But I cannot close my eyes, nor turn my back for one second on this fiendish thing.....

1.0 out of 5 stars Deflating experience, 20 Oct 2011
S. Brearley (London, United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This review is from: NEW INFLATABLE SEAGULL 76cm GREAT FOR BEACH SCENES (Toy)
This was impossible to inflate as the main seam leaked. As we needed it as decor for a party the same evening we tried to fix it with insulating tape, but no luck. The decorations ended up rather sinister, with what appeared to be a dead seagull hanging from a tree. We didn't return it as we had messed about with it so much trying to make it airtight, also it is very cheap and it didn't seem worth the aggro.

5.0 out of 5 stars Seagull started singing!?!, 7 May 2013
This review is from: NEW INFLATABLE SEAGULL 76cm GREAT FOR BEACH SCENES (Toy)
I got the seagull home, blew it up and it suddenly started belting out:

Now is the time for marching
Now let your hearts be gay
Hark to the merry bugles
Sounding along our way
So let your voices ring, my boys,
And take the time from me
And I'll sing you a song, as we march along,
Of Sussex by the Sea.

For we're the men from Sussex
Sussex by the sea,
We plough and sow and reap and mow,
And useful men we are we:
And when you go from Sussex,
Whoever you may be,
You tell them all that we stand or fall

For Sussex by the sea.

Light is the love of a soldier
That's what the ladies say
Lightly he goes a-wooing
Lightly he rides away,
In love and war, we always are
As fair as fair can be,
And a soldier boy is the ladies joy
In Sussex by the sea.

For Sussex by the sea.

Far o'er the seas we wander
Wide through the world we roam,
Far from the kind hearts yonder
Far from our dear old home,
But never shall we forget my boys
And true we'll ever be
To the girls so kind that we left behind
In Sussex by the sea.

For Sussex by the sea.

There was nothing in the description that it was going to do this.

5.0 out of 5 stars Hitchcock returns, 20 Jan 2014
This review is from: NEW INFLATABLE SEAGULL 76cm GREAT FOR BEACH SCENES (Toy)
When I bought the 'Lifelike Rubber Lobster Toy' for my partner to wear to 'The Surrealist Ball' I saw a postscript beneath 'Customers who bought this item also bought...' you guessed it 'New Inflatable Seagull 76cm' (I wonder what the old one looked like?) At £1.10 what's not to like? It doesn't inflate quite to the buoyancy indicated in the photo, but who's quibbling? I had many admiring glances at 'The Surrealist Ball' I crafted a head-dress from white tinsel covered wire, with an aerial like protrusion on which my seagull hung, like a Hitchcock extra, menacingly following me the whole evening. It was even light enough to dance with balancing from the head-dress should you be thinking of doing something similar.

5.0 out of 5 stars Much better than the inflatable eagle!!, 6 May 2013
This review is from: NEW INFLATABLE SEAGULL 76cm GREAT FOR BEACH SCENES (Toy)
When I bought this superb Seagull, I called it Leo and it hung proudly in my front window. My neighbour's inflatable eagle that he calls Glenn, immediately deflated and was never seen again. I can only conclude that Seagull Leo is far better quality than Eagle Glenn.

1.0 out of 5 stars Half dead seagull, 8 Dec 2013
This review is from: NEW INFLATABLE SEAGULL 76cm GREAT FOR BEACH SCENES (Toy)
This seagull has a fault with the blowing up process, once it is fully inflated you cannot put the stopper in
without the air coming out, resulting in a dead looking seagull. No good.

1.0 out of 5 stars Deflated, 15 April 2013
This review is from: NEW INFLATABLE SEAGULL 76cm GREAT FOR BEACH SCENES (Toy)
On arrival the seagulls had holes in them total waste of money but couldn't be bothered to return them they were only bought for fun

1.0 out of 5 stars this thing could definitely not fly through the skies with grace and majesty, 17 Mar 2014
This review is from: NEW INFLATABLE SEAGULL 76cm GREAT FOR BEACH SCENES (Toy)
having recently purchased this item to brighten the heart of a cherished friend, imagine my dismay when upon thanking me for her gift she informed me that it persisted in deflating. this has affected the both of us very negatively indeed and could well harm our relationship far into the future. disappointing.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, 14 Dec 2013
This review is from: NEW INFLATABLE SEAGULL 76cm GREAT FOR BEACH SCENES (Toy)
It does exactly what I need it to. Hang from my ceiling and keep the demons away from my dreams.

2.0 out of 5 stars Flacid, 15 Oct 2013
This review is from: NEW INFLATABLE SEAGULL 76cm GREAT FOR BEACH SCENES (Toy)
I bought 3 of these and none of them blow up very well.....probably due to the fact there is no valve! They're ok for hanging from a ceiling but by the end of the party they will definitely look flacid!!!

NEW INFLATABLE SEAGULL 76cm GREAT FOR BEACH SCENES