on 20 December 2015
I bought this for a specific job - connect my new Chromecast Audio to my hifi kit, making use of an existing fibre I had lying around. The product is clearly a cheap one but doesn't seem to have any downsides. Build quality is fine at this price and consistent with the fibre I was using. I might have reservations if I was plugging it in and out several times a day... but then I wouldn't be using fibre for that application anyway. Performance once installed is, as you would expect, indistinguishable from perfection: It's just a mechanical adapter and really makes no difference other than saves you buying another different cable.

Very happy. Bought from Adapters Direct UK.
on 31 January 2014
Works great but was a bit difficult to attach to the cable.

Once it's on it does not come off. I've tried pulling, prising & pliers. There's no way it's coming off the cable without breaking it.
on 28 March 2013
Bought this to go with a 10m optical cable to run sound from my iMac to my amp. The optical cable has a full size plug on each end - this is what I needed to plug into the end of the cable that goes into the mac.

Does the job perfectly - what more needed?

If there is any criticism it is that the connection is a little loose on the cable side - when I try to pull the optical cable out of the iMac, invariably it pulls apart at the connector - the connector remains in the mac and then has to be pulled out separately. This isn't a fault or anything, it just fits more tightly in the mac side than the cable side. The optical cable certainly isn't going to fall out of it while it's in use.

Overall a great product, cheap and I would have no hesitation buying another if needed.
on 13 March 2011
ordered this to connect my toshiba laptop's spdif(optical) out to my Onkyo HT-X22HDX 3D Ready Ultra Compact 2.1 Home Cinema System.. i use it with an optical cableXO Digital Optical Cable 2m / 2 Metre Premium Install Series - suitable for PS3, Sky, Sky HD, LCD, LED, Plasma, Blu-ray, Home Cinema Systems, AV Amps ordered from amazon. works perfectly...the cable fits inside the adapter and the product is studry enough to hold the weight of the cable suspended(as the amplifier is placed on the ground)...overall very pleased with price, delivery and performance..
on 4 October 2010
Have an iMac and needed connection to my logitech sound sysetem, using Toslink - this plug worked straight off.
on 2 October 2013
On my iRiver H140 the adapter fits tightly in the mini optical jacks and the full size cable sits tightly in the adapter so it is all very solid and will not come loose by accident.

I tested the adapter by doing some recording via the mini optical input and a full size TOSLINK cable and it worked fine.
on 25 November 2013
Use mine on the end of a Chord fibre-optic cable, and insert it into the audio output of a 15" MacBook Pro with Retina Display. Works fine, as you'd expect for a product with no moving parts or electronics.
on 14 December 2012
I needed to connect my Apple Mac to my hifi via optical cable, and those clever folks at apple had put the optical out in the same port as the 3.5mm stereo analogue out. These are not a common cable (3.5 to TOS) and are very expensive, but this little doohickey turns one end of a bog standard TOS to TOS link cable into the perfect cable! And save about a tenner!
on 30 July 2014
Good product, arrived very quickly. The only snag that I have encountered is that it is a very tight fitting and can pop off of your optical/digital cable without warning. Otherwise this product does what it is supposed to, hence my 4 out of 5 rating.
on 22 March 2016
Arrived a lot sooner than I expected - unpack, plug and play at fibre optic quality. Only downside is the slight crackle every now and then, but can't know for sure if it's the mac or the adaptor (or even my optical cable)... so I'll give 4 stars. Sorry.