Format: Audio CD|Change

on 31 December 2010
John Debney's score for Iron Man 2 was somewhat lost in the mix in the film, being overshadowed by the myriad of sound effects. The way this score fuses the orchestra with electronics and an additional rock element is sublime. You won't likely be humming any themes at the end, but it is hard not to be impressed by the overall quality of the album.

Be aware this soundtrack does not contain any AC/DC tracks, which I consider to be a blessing.
on 5 November 2014
One of my favorite aspects of the original "Iron Man" was the music composed by Ramin Djawadi (who went on to compose the great music for "Game of Thrones"). Djawadi's music for Iron Man was memorable, had the perfect tone for the movie, and fit the character of Tony Stark perfectly. If you do not own the music from the first "Iron Man" film, I highly recommend that soundtrack!

With "Iron Man 2", they changed composers... The replacement, John Debney (a very talented guy), does add something new to the Iron Man universe with his music. One major contribution was that he created very unique sounds for two of the new main characters (Whiplash and Black Widow) - and both themes are included on the album. The album also includes "Make Way for Tomorrow Today", which is one of the songs that plays during the Stark Expo near the beginning of the film. It's a nice addition to the soundtrack.

Overall, I think this is a solid album with some good music. I'd definitely recommend that film music fans check it out. The reason I am giving it 3 Stars is because I do not quite think it lives up to the quality of the score for the first "Iron Man" and I'd say its probably one of the weaker soundtracks for any of the films in the Marvel universe. Still, there are some great tracks worthy of a purchase, and I've listed three below:

FAVORITE TRACKS:
[9] Monaco Drive
[10] Mayhem in Monoco
[15] Sledgehammer V2
on 25 July 2013
Not for technical reasons, the sound is fantastic, but because the tracks are just film-functional so they are good under the images but not the ideal to be listened in your car while commuting or in your office while typing on your computer.
on 15 May 2011
I never heard the sound of John Debney before, but I like his work for Iron Man 2.
It gives a special sound with mix of rock, electro and a choir, the only thing is that it can get boring because there are many songs on the cd and mostly same sounds, but certainly a cd worth to purchase