5.0 out of 5 stars The Hand of Christ

3.0 out of 5 stars Good but grating
Published 17 days ago by Scruff

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

3.0 out of 5 stars Good but grating, 13 Aug 2014
This review is from: The Hand of Christ (The Sterling Novels Book 1) (Kindle Edition)
About a third of the way through this book and really enjoying the story so far. However, as has been commented on by another, there is far too much irrelevant waffle in places and some of the spelling and grammatical errors are starting to grate e.g. lead instead of led, there instead of their, insure instead of ensure etc. Definitely needs a good proof read. Still enjoyable though!

5.0 out of 5 stars The Hand of Christ, 18 Dec 2011
D. wise (West lancashire, england) - See all my reviews
To start with I enjoy this genre of reading, Boyd Morrison, James Rollins and James Twining. Found Joseph Nagle by pure chance, after a long wait I finally got hold of The Hand Of Christ. The first few pages gripped me and I found it very hard to put this book down. It has a great story line and action filled adventure on every page. My wife is getting me a kindle for christmas so The History Thief by J. Nagle will be my first purchase. Stick with this author people, you won't be disapointed.

5.0 out of 5 stars A must read, 13 July 2014
Ella Flynn (Derbyshire, UK) - See all my reviews
A must read. I travel to and from work by bus and this is an absolute must for me. Well written and thought provoking. I've not reached the end yet but I know I'll be looking for my next read by Joseph Nagle soon.

4.0 out of 5 stars great, 28 Jun 2014
A very enjoyable book with quite a few twists and turns.
I would love to see a sequel.
One moan, which might seem petty, but it seemed to go deep in to the background of most places/items etc. It seemed to drag me away from the book.

5.0 out of 5 stars A great book, 23 Jun 2014
I really enjoyed reading this book, it's packed with action, religion, plotting and overall a great thriller. Some of the military technical details are sometimes a bit too much, but you just want to keep on reading to find out how the plot is going to unravel. I would thoroughly recommend it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Interesting & fast paced read, 1 April 2014
This book was free the day I bought it, but having read if I would happily have paid for it.
It is fast paced but has the right amount of character description.
The author has researched the subject and it shows.
I would happily buy more of his work.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fast paced thriller, 25 Mar 2014
Secret societies, Biblical secrets, Spies, crosses & double-crosses...it sounds like a Dan Brown book and there are certainly similarities. Less of the art & architecture of Brown, which are replaced by military & political aspects, but you get the idea.

I found The Hand of Christ to be a gripping read, pretty much non-stop action from start to end and an interesting plot, with just enough grounding to keep it believable. By the time I reached the finale, there was no way I was putting the book down until I'd finished it!

It's nothing that Dan Brown or David Gibbins haven't done before, and the writing style takes a little getting used to (the author likes to intersperse factual / technical information in with the action) but if you like the genre then you will love this.

4.0 out of 5 stars A good yarn, 5 Aug 2013
An interesting idea and a very entertaining read. Well worth a read and a bit different from the usual offerings.

5.0 out of 5 stars An entertaining jaunt, 9 July 2013
A very entertaining jaunt on a popular scenario these days. A little over descriptive technically for me,but I enjoyed it enormously.

5.0 out of 5 stars The Hand of Christ, 4 Jun 2013
A really good read, just when you think that you know what's going on and who are the good guys and the bad guys, you get hit with a twist and it all changes.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›