Published on 18 Sep 2010 by Joshua Hill

3.0 out of 5 stars Would be great if I only travelled with a Tablet
Published 5 months ago by C. Quijano Ramos

4.0 out of 5 stars Very nice and good quality bag, just a small note about the laptop compartment, 18 Sep 2010
Joshua Hill - See all my reviews
I ordered this rucksack for university, since I decided a rucksack would be more practical than a "messenger" bag. Of course rucksacks have a tendency to look a bit square/un-trendy so after much browsing the Easkpak site I decided on this one because it looks a little nicer than the average rucksack. After receiving it I'm not disappointed. I went for the "blackpannel" style which I think is a perfect compromise between trendy and understated. The bag is a nice size and whilst you wouldn't use it to go camping, it'll comfortably fit your laptop plus a few folders, maybe even a change of clothes and a towel.
My only gripe is with the laptop compartment. Whilst it'll fit 15" notebooks, it's raised by an inch or so meaning you'll probably have to "wrap" the bag around the top corners of the laptop to fit it in (which isn't really a problem, just means retrieving and packing it will require two hands). Additionally, the compartment itself isn't very tall which means you won't be able to fix anything larger than a netbook using the Velcro strap. This meant my 13" ultraportable was free to bump back and forth when nothing else was in the bag. Not a major issue, but one of those odd little design issues you find.
Still, overall I'd definitely recommend this bag, yes it does look nice in the flesh, not just the picture!

4.0 out of 5 stars Good back, but could be improved, 18 July 2011
This bag looks great, particularly given its size. It's comfy with my laptop in it and fits in a surprising amount of other things at the same time (e.g. tennis gear...minus the racquet). However, I think it could really do with some more compartments. If there's a lot of stuff in the bag it can be difficult to get the laptop out - a separate zipped laptop compartment would have been helpful. Plus, although there's a small internal pocket, it's not big enough to fit in a wallet etc, and I don't feel safe keeping that in the front pocket, which means I have to dig around for it in the main pocket whenever I need it. Still...good-looking, well made, comfy bag that was a very good price for what it is.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love, 4 Feb 2014
This review is from: Eastpak Out Of Office Backpack (Sports)
I absolutely love this rucksack. As I did expect I would as it's Eastpak - and you can be rest assured your purchase will be ok as Eastpak have a 30yr warranty scheme.
The bag is everything it is described as being. It's waterproof - I have expensive camera equipment in it at all times and water just slides off the bag. There is also a small zip pocket on the inside at the top big enough for a small lens.
The 'laptop sized' internal pocket is also great for books you want to keep away from water bottles etc.

A comfy, well made - and good looking - rucksak. I also love the colour 'Sunday Grey' :) would buy more if I could afford

3.0 out of 5 stars Would be great if I only travelled with a Tablet, 2 April 2014
C. Quijano Ramos "Cin" (Manchester, UK) - See all my reviews
However, it was slightly small for my laptop which is 15". The top bit sticks out and when I tried it with the extra sleeve for protection it didn't fit. So, I had to return it as I wanted it mainly to travel with my laptop. However, I can only say good things about Eastpak as the backpack I am trying to replace is an Eastpak that lasted me 10 years, including university years where it would be packed full!!!!

4.0 out of 5 stars Good quality!, 4 Dec 2013
A very good quality backpack, simple design with a lot of space inside. It's water proof at least won't get wet when walking in the rain. Good stuff.

5.0 out of 5 stars Review of backpack, 6 Oct 2012
Wj Guymer (UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Eastpak Out Of Office Backpack (Sports)
The backpack arrived quickly and is very spacious, there is plenty of storage room and the item is robust. I reccommend this product.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great bag for A4 files and heavy books, 10 Jan 2014
Purchased this bag as fed up with purchasing lots of other canvas schoolbags - which seem to fall apart so quickly. The Eastpak is excellent for the person who has to take A4 files and heavy books to school. Its waterproof and gives good padding on shoulders - far more fit for purpose than the canvas ones. If school bags keep falling apart in your house - this is the one to buy! Bag is good quality material, robust, strong,waterproof, adjustable straps.. you might feel you pay a little bit more - but its value for money as this one is built to last. Highly recommended and would purchase again.

4.0 out of 5 stars good quality, 15 Oct 2013
you cant go wrong with an eastpak bag quite reliable for missioning around town. cant comment if you want to take it on a mountain expedition

4.0 out of 5 stars Great!, 26 Nov 2011
This review is from: Eastpak Out Of Office Backpack (Sports)
Very comfortable, very well made and resistant (it even protects your belongings under heavy rain!).

I'm pretty sure that this backpack will last forever.

The only problem I have encountered with it has been the length of the straps: they get loose easily if you put too much weight in the backpack (like an old laptop or a bunch of books), so you have to keep adjusting them daily.

I'm trying to figure how to solve that, but I'm really pleased with the product and the price I paid for it here in amazon!

5.0 out of 5 stars Apparently everybody has one!, 10 Sep 2014
This was a specific request from my son at Uni - apparently everybody has them! To be honest, it was expensive and doesn't look like it's worth it but...so far so good: he has used it every day, it comes with a lifetime guarantee, and he loves it (which is all that matters!)