Style Name: UK K120 Keyboard|Change

on 25 August 2011
I only bought a Logitech K120 as a stop-gap before choosing the final keyboard -probably a Logitech Illuminated- for a new PC tower. But after a couple of weeks I find the K120 to be so nice to use that I am going to stay with it and save £70. My wife, who is a touch typist, also finds it good to use. But, of course, the choice of keyboards and mice is very much down to personal preference.

The K120 is compact, but not ultra-compact, and is perfectly suitable for a desktop business application or home office. Some images make it look a bit flashy, but it is actually quite understated. The black plastic of the frame and keys appears to be of good quality with a light textured semi-matt finish. The medium grey plastic strip running along the back is quite subtle as are the styling contours.

The K120 is described as low profile but a better description would be lower profile. It feels solid and sits securely on the desk without sliding around. The frame does not flex. Underneath two substantial arms can be flipped out to angle the keyboard. The keys are not silent, as often stated on the net, but neither do they produce a loud clack. They are full size and full travel with a reassuring tactile feel provided by rubber domes under each key. There are two windows keys, an application key, a numeric keypad to the right, and F1 to F12 keys running along the top. The keycap legends are clear and seem to be acceptably durable but only time will tell.

The USB cable is long enough at 1.5m for most PC configurations but if the keyboard is plugged directly into a tower on the floor an extension cable may be required.

In summary, the Logitech K120 is a good basic keyboard with a nice key-action and pleasant appearance. It is amazing value and is highly recommended.
0Comment| 116 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 26 January 2012
Over the past couple of years I've had a lot of keyboards, but have never been completely happy with any of them. Whether it be quality, layout, being littered with shortcut keys, etc, I've always wanted just a nice quality, simple keyboard to type on.

This is the perfect solution - it's cheap, is a full 105 key keyboard and feels like it will last as long as I want it to. The keys are lovely - they have a definite "press" about them (not spongey) and are reasonably quiet (although not quite whisper quiet as Logitech advertises - you can here the keys being pressed, especially the space bar).

All in all this is another quality product from Logitech - if you want a simple no nonsense keyboard, this will serve you well.
TOP 1000 REVIEWERon 14 June 2014
I've used a few of these for new pc builds, in combination with a logitech mouse to keep costs down.

The keyboard is a simple affair, if you are looking for a massive number of extra keys this isn't the choice for you.
Keys are quite good to type with (I can touch type) normal travel for key-presses... and Logitech say quiet, they are fairly quiet in my view above average for the price.

You do get you normal caps/number lock indicator, and a dedicated keypad, that's about it though. It does have drainage ports underneath so if you have any liquid problems that saves the keyboard from a premature departure.

As a normal basic keyboard it is quite good, fairly compact and represents good value. If you are a heavy typist you might want something a bit more longer term. Having tried the Microsoft offerings at this price point there isn't a lot in it really. Both are quite good.
on 15 September 2011
I required two keyboards, one as a replacement at work and one for my home office.

I was looking for a basic business keyboard with no need for wireless, multimedia or gaming features. Both Microsoft and Logitech offer
simple, basic keyboards that fit these requirements for a similar price, the Microsoft Wired Keyboard 200 for Business and the Logitech K120.

I could not decide between them and in the end bought both. both have turned out to be a little disappointing, perhaps to be expected
for the cheap prices. The Microsoft keyboard has a light and mushy feel, not very satisfying when touch typing. Although the keyboard is full
sized the individual key surface area is surprisingly small compared with many to other keyboards. The Logitech keys are larger and with a clearer print.
The quality of the plastic also appears sightly better. However the feel when touch typing is still disappointing.

In summary both keyboards are a little too cheap and unsatisfying, the Logitech slightly pips the Microsoft overall.
on 7 July 2016
I actually really liked this. I bought it as I have little space for my admin PC in my studio, and I expected to be unimpressed but it would do the job. I actually really like it, though. It's a shame it doesn't have any volume control (which could be accomplished through secondary function keys or a flat dial on the dge of the keyboard) but the text on the keys is large and very clear - Logitech have delivered again.
on 2 September 2012
This keyboard was bought specifically for my Raspberry and working with the few other bits a raspberry needs it works very well. I like it better than my main desk top acer keyboard but as I've only used it for a few weeks I still need to use it for a while to ensure it stands up to every day use. Up to now excellent.
on 5 February 2013
Overall I'm quite impressed with this cheap keyboard. The keys are soft to the touch, not necessarily silent but quiet none the less, especially compared to the keyboard it replaced.

As a programmer i do a lot of typing on my other more expensive keyboard, but i find myself wanting to replace it with this one more and more.

It's also pretty small, without being compact and awkward to use. It simply doesn't have buckets of plastic surrounding the outside of the keyboard. So if you have a problem with space it may be ideal.

They keyboard also feels pretty sturdy, it doesn't bend in the middle like my previous keyboard and it certainly doesn't feel cheap. I don't think I'm the type to punch keyboards anyway, and i don't see how this is any different when used in Windows over any OS.... But then i don't flip out when i use my computer and start smashing my keyboard...

Those of you having problems with the " and @ buttons simply have your language settings set wrong in your Operating System. This is completely unrelated to this keyboard, and i can assure that this keyboard does in fact have a standard UK layout.

All-in-all I'm very impressed with this cheap and cheerful nice to use keyboard. Logitech all the way.
TOP 1000 REVIEWERon 14 January 2011
This is described as having low-profile, whisper quiet, full-sized keys. However, compared to my old Tecknika keyboard, the keys are neither low-profile or whisper quiet, which was quite a disappointment! But on the positive side, the lettering is nice and bold and it does have riser legs! And although the keys do have a slightly longer press and a little more resistance than my old Technika one, I still find it quite comfortable to use. And most importantly of all, it does NOT cause me to keep missing characters or spaces, unlike the cheap chiclet-style one I bought from eBuyer last week and threw into the bin after trying to persevere with it for a couple of days!

I much preffered typing on my old Tecnika keyboard, as the keys were extremely low-profile with a shorter, lighter press and it was a great deal quieter than this one. But the Technika did have two major drawbacks - one that the lettering wore off very quickly on most of the keys and two that the keys could not definitely be removed for cleaning and replaced. Whereas the keys on this Logitech K120 can be removed and replaced and it seems like a better quality keyboard all round. So I will probably stick with this one - at least until I find a good quality chiclet-style one with riser legs and a standard UK layout!
on 9 March 2015
I bought this from amazon in September 2015 and it's still working to this day. I now use a mechanical keyboard as my primary (which is much better, but costs over £100) but the K120 served me well for almost 3 years and is still a perfect backup now.

One thing I have noticed with other keyboards is that the more commonly used keys, 'e' for example, can wear down and fade with time but this has not been pronounced on this keyboard, and all the keys are still very visible.

It does have quite a plasticky feel to it, and it can rattle on the desk if you are really mashing away at it but for just over £10 it's good to use, easy to type on and I'm sure it could give you 5 years of use without breaking!
22 comments|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 11 February 2016
Reasonable keyboard for the price. No bells or whistles like extra keys, just the basics.
One thing I don't like: the angle adjustment is all-or-nothing, making the keyboard either flat or quite steeply angled; plus the supports for tilting it aren't particularly robust and can pop out of position if knocked hard.