5.0 out of 5 stars Surprisingly Good
Published on 25 Aug 2011 by Amazon Customer

3.0 out of 5 stars Reasonable for the price
I required two keyboards, one as a replacement at work and one for my home office.

I was looking for a basic business keyboard with no need for wireless, multimedia or gaming features. Both Microsoft and Logitech offer
Published on 15 Sep 2011 by Darren McDonald

5.0 out of 5 stars Surprisingly Good, 25 Aug 2011
This review is from: Logitech K120 Keyboard - UK Layout (Personal Computers)
I only bought a Logitech K120 as a stop-gap before choosing the final keyboard -probably a Logitech Illuminated- for a new PC tower. But after a couple of weeks I find the K120 to be so nice to use that I am going to stay with it and save 70. My wife, who is a touch typist, also finds it good to use. But, of course, the choice of keyboards and mice is very much down to personal preference.

The K120 is compact, but not ultra-compact, and is perfectly suitable for a desktop business application or home office. Some images make it look a bit flashy, but it is actually quite understated. The black plastic of the frame and keys appears to be of good quality with a light textured semi-matt finish. The medium grey plastic strip running along the back is quite subtle as are the styling contours.

The K120 is described as low profile but a better description would be lower profile. It feels solid and sits securely on the desk without sliding around. The frame does not flex. Underneath two substantial arms can be flipped out to angle the keyboard. The keys are not silent, as often stated on the net, but neither do they produce a loud clack. They are full size and full travel with a reassuring tactile feel provided by rubber domes under each key. There are two windows keys, an application key, a numeric keypad to the right, and F1 to F12 keys running along the top. The keycap legends are clear and seem to be acceptably durable but only time will tell.

The USB cable is long enough at 1.5m for most PC configurations but if the keyboard is plugged directly into a tower on the floor an extension cable may be required.

In summary, the Logitech K120 is a good basic keyboard with a nice key-action and pleasant appearance. It is amazing value and is highly recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars An excellent, simple keyboard, 26 Jan 2012
This review is from: Logitech K120 Keyboard - UK Layout (Personal Computers)
Over the past couple of years I've had a lot of keyboards, but have never been completely happy with any of them. Whether it be quality, layout, being littered with shortcut keys, etc, I've always wanted just a nice quality, simple keyboard to type on.

This is the perfect solution - it's cheap, is a full 105 key keyboard and feels like it will last as long as I want it to. The keys are lovely - they have a definite "press" about them (not spongey) and are reasonably quiet (although not quite whisper quiet as Logitech advertises - you can here the keys being pressed, especially the space bar).

All in all this is another quality product from Logitech - if you want a simple no nonsense keyboard, this will serve you well.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Keyboard for price, 23 Dec 2013
This review is from: Logitech K120 Keyboard - UK Layout (Personal Computers)
I bought this for my computer and it was great.

The keys are easy to press and there is no need for compatibility issues.
Buy it online because keyboards are expensive via shops saw the same one for 14.99 in shops.

I would buy this again when my other keyboard (dell) breaks.

Value for money, Yes. Buy this again...Yes!

4.0 out of 5 stars Not whisper quiet!, 14 Jan 2011
S. D. Southam "Shereen" (Essex) - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)    (REAL NAME)
This review is from: Logitech K120 Keyboard - UK Layout (Personal Computers)
This is described as having low-profile, whisper quiet, full-sized keys. However, compared to my old Tecknika keyboard, the keys are neither low-profile or whisper quiet, which was quite a disappointment! But on the positive side, the lettering is nice and bold and it does have riser legs! And although the keys do have a slightly longer press and a little more resistance than my old Technika one, I still find it quite comfortable to use. And most importantly of all, it does NOT cause me to keep missing characters or spaces, unlike the cheap chiclet-style one I bought from eBuyer last week and threw into the bin after trying to persevere with it for a couple of days!

I much preffered typing on my old Tecnika keyboard, as the keys were extremely low-profile with a shorter, lighter press and it was a great deal quieter than this one. But the Technika did have two major drawbacks - one that the lettering wore off very quickly on most of the keys and two that the keys could not definitely be removed for cleaning and replaced. Whereas the keys on this Logitech K120 can be removed and replaced and it seems like a better quality keyboard all round. So I will probably stick with this one - at least until I find a good quality chiclet-style one with riser legs and a standard UK layout!

3.0 out of 5 stars Reasonable for the price, 15 Sep 2011
Darren McDonald (London, United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Logitech K120 Keyboard - UK Layout (Personal Computers)

simple, basic keyboards that fit these requirements for a similar price, the Microsoft Wired Keyboard 200 for Business and the Logitech K120.

I could not decide between them and in the end bought both. both have turned out to be a little disappointing, perhaps to be expected
for the cheap prices. The Microsoft keyboard has a light and mushy feel, not very satisfying when touch typing. Although the keyboard is full
sized the individual key surface area is surprisingly small compared with many to other keyboards. The Logitech keys are larger and with a clearer print.
The quality of the plastic also appears sightly better. However the feel when touch typing is still disappointing.

In summary both keyboards are a little too cheap and unsatisfying, the Logitech slightly pips the Microsoft overall.

4.0 out of 5 stars Functional, 6 May 2013
This review is from: Logitech K120 Keyboard - UK Layout (Personal Computers)
What do you want from a keyboard? I wanted to plug it in and be able to type. It did that. End.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great keyboard, 5 May 2013
This review is from: Logitech K120 Keyboard - UK Layout (Personal Computers)
The feel of the keys, its weight and above all its price make this keyboard an outstanding product. Totally recommended if you need an additional keyboard or a reliable keyboard to take you with you often.

5.0 out of 5 stars Cheap and cheerful, 28 April 2013
A. P "Persepolis" (Eastbourne, England) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
This review is from: Logitech K120 Keyboard - UK Layout (Personal Computers)
I was after an affordable keyboard that didn't come with any bells and whistles (backlit keys, media control etc) and really didn't want to spend more than 20. I was apprehensive of the K120 at first, given that it is very cheap.

However, all my fears were put to rest when I plugged it in and began typing! Whilst it is by no means the quietest keyboard out there (a keyboard with laptop-style chiclet keys would be better for this), it is satisfying to type with. Each press gives a nice response and it doesnt take a great deal of force for anything to register. I use this for essay writing and gaming (Dota2 being my main obsession lately) and it has been very suitable for this.

For a low cost, efficient membrane keyboard you will be hard-pressed to find anything superior without paying more. Whether you're a gamer or a casual letter writer, the K120 seems to have you covered every step of the way. It also comes with a 3 year warranty, too!

3.0 out of 5 stars Not Logitechs finest, 4 Mar 2013
This review is from: Logitech K120 Keyboard - UK Layout (Personal Computers)
I've only just got this so time will tell how well it holds up.
My initial reaction was that it felt rather flimsy, and not really up to the Logitech brand. I think they have gone just a little too cheap with this.
However, the key action is pleasant enough, and everything is working as it should. The key legends seem to have a shiny sort of varnish, presumably to protect them - hope it's not letraset under there!
In summary, fit for purpose, but might have been worth spending a bit more.

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice keyboard, 5 Feb 2013
This review is from: Logitech K120 Keyboard - UK Layout (Personal Computers)
Overall I'm quite impressed with this cheap keyboard. The keys are soft to the touch, not necessarily silent but quiet none the less, especially compared to the keyboard it replaced.

As a programmer i do a lot of typing on my other more expensive keyboard, but i find myself wanting to replace it with this one more and more.

It's also pretty small, without being compact and awkward to use. It simply doesn't have buckets of plastic surrounding the outside of the keyboard. So if you have a problem with space it may be ideal.

They keyboard also feels pretty sturdy, it doesn't bend in the middle like my previous keyboard and it certainly doesn't feel cheap. I don't think I'm the type to punch keyboards anyway, and i don't see how this is any different when used in Windows over any OS.... But then i don't flip out when i use my computer and start smashing my keyboard...

Those of you having problems with the " and @ buttons simply have your language settings set wrong in your Operating System. This is completely unrelated to this keyboard, and i can assure that this keyboard does in fact have a standard UK layout.

All-in-all I'm very impressed with this cheap and cheerful nice to use keyboard. Logitech all the way.

ARRAY(0x9e6a1438)