on 21 January 2012
I have read so many bad reviews on here about this game, but i LOVED it. I am an avid gamer, and have played the the second fable game, which i really didnt enjoy, but this game is fantatic!! Gone are the countless boring pointless fights, gone are the boring menus and slow loading screens. In it's place are fantastic and exiciting interactive menu rooms, with a John Cleese voiced butler showing you around, and giving you great tips.(There are many famous voices in this game, including Ben Kingsley, Simon Pegg, Steven Fry, Micheal Fassbender, Zoe Wannamaker, Bernad Hoult, plus many, many more and the voice acting is fabulous) Also one my favourite changes is the spell weaver, you get a different gaunlet for each spell, and once you get the upgrade, you get to wear a spell on each hand, which makes this awsome spell weave, which looks amazing, and is really helpful in battle. As you play the game, the achievements and avatar awards come thick and fast, and it is a total joy to play! Not to mention how amazing the game looks, when fighting, you go into slow motion to land the final blow!!!! I would definately recommened this game, and give it 5 out of 5. I really am dissappointed with the other reveiws on here, but if thats how people felt then fair enough. I enjoyed this game a million times better then the second fable, so please dont let the one star reveiws put you off, it is fantastic :D
on 29 October 2010
Unlike the previous reviewer, I've found Amazon's service exceptional like it always is. I never used to pre-order items here, due to Amazon never seeming to deliver them for the release date, however it seems that things have changed, as my order came a day early!

Now, I'm only about 2 hours into the game, but the experience so far has been incredible. The combat is much more refined and fluid than the previous game, interactions with NPC's are a lot more meaningful...and there are some tough choices that have real effect on your conciounse. I haven't participated in online co-op yet, but from reviewers, it is an incredible improvement on Fable II's co-op. You can now bring your own player, complete with items and dog, into your friends world, and vice versa. You can form business partnerships, interact with each other, and even get married and have children. And you are no longer locked to your co-op companion, you can roam wherever you want!

If you were a fan of Fable II, you will love this game even more. However, if you've never enjoyed the Fable series, there isn't much here that will convert you. It's a whimsical, silly and charming adventure...and I love it.
on 24 December 2012
Lovely gift wrapped cant rate this item as a present but the owner will in detail as wanted it for a while so will be one excited person
Have to give praise to seller the item well packed arrived in mint condition very pleased
on 1 November 2010
I have been ordering from Amazon for years and have never had a bad word to say about them and the same is true today. After reading some of the reviews about people who did not recieve their copy on time I thought I should add another positive review.

I pre-ordered only bout 2 weeks ago and went for the free super saver delivery as I was not too bothered about getting it on the day of release. My estimated delivery was 2-3 November and I recieved it on Sat 30th October at 7am, the postman woke me up! My villager creator and additional weapons codes came through on Thursday 28th October so I was very happy with the service and as it came early ended up playing it for most of the weekend!

I'm about 15 hours into the game and it seems like there is still a heck of a way to go, the combat system is fantastic, I love the new spellweaving ability. I also find that now the Hero is voiced far more than in the previous Fables I am drawn into the story telling alot more.

The extras that come with the Limited edition are well worth it, extra weapons, the boxer breed of dog and Hunters Lodge are worth the extra money alone! The Villager creator is great fun and I love that you can fully interact and even marry the chracter you create like i did!

In conclusion all I have to say is thank you Amazon for the speedy delivery, even though I didnt pay for postage and what a fantastic additional to the Fable series, a must buy for Fable fans.
on 3 November 2010
I approached Fable III with a great deal of excitement having enjoyed the first two installments in the series despite their well-known limitations that fell short of the much-vaunted ambitions. This latest entry is, in my opinion, the weakest and the most disappointing given the potential offered by the theme of revolution and Kingship.

In short, Fable III is not groundbreaking in terms of gameplay or storyline. In fact, in many ways the gameplay is a step back from it's predecessor with, amongst other failings, an unduly cumbersome and limited means of interaction with other characters (the new one-on-one interactions are farcical given the arbitrary range of options such as dance/fart/chicken).

As a roleplayer I have seen an almost carbon-copy of the storyline in fantasy gamebooks from the 1980s which were delivered with considerably more elan and emotional involvement in pen-and-paper form. Anyone familiar with the "Way of the Tiger" series of fantasy gamebooks - and the books "Usurper" and "Overlord" in particular - will have seen the very same plotlines more than twenty years ago and enjoyed playing through them (gathering allies, making promises, achieving power and then making decisions after receiving the advice of one's fantasy counsellors). The similarities between those books and Fable III (given that they are classic roleplaying gamebooks in a fantasy setting with an epic theme and which will be familiar to RPG gamers) makes me seriously wonder whether ideas have been borrowed wholesale by the game designers.

This makes Fable III neither revolutionary nor particularly thought-provoking. The 'moral' issues are seldom more than a choice between A and B, both clearly sign-posted as the Good and Evil choice and the implications which will flow from it highlighted in advance.

On the other hand, this plays on the whole like Fable I and II, the visuals are bright and cartoonishly impressive, the voice acting is there, it's British and it doesn't take itself too seriously. It's a enjoyable experience in button mashing.

The flip side is that it is superficial, it doesn't engage you emotionally, you don't give two hoots for any of the characters and I never felt any real reason for rebelling against the 'villain' of the first part of the game (the towns and villages I visited after leaving the castle were well-maintained, plenty of soldiers maintaining law and order but friendly and polite, the inhabitants were cheery - there was no sense that Albion was a place ground down under vile oppression, that the people were down-trodden or that this was anything other than a harmonious fantasy kingdom).

In conclusion, Fable III is a bright and superficial fantasy adventure lacking in the grandeur and complex roleplaying experience that was promised to us. Once again, hype rules supreme. It makes one wonder how professional game reviewers can rate games like this in such glowing terms that one would think we were witnesses to some work of art that redefines our epoch. It's a distinctly average game when all is said and done.
on 15 July 2013
it's hard not to love a game that loves you so much in return. Fable IIl will charm you, thrill you, and leave you even more pleased than fable ll..
on 30 October 2010
Firstly I would like to say that Amazon are not a bunch of idiots and they always do their very best to keep their promises! This has been one of the most anticipated games of 2010 and maybe the decade,yes I got mine on the due date and for those that didn't I'm sorry for your woe. I have had late deliveries before and had to email them about it and also some of the companies have even sent me the wrong format,but please don't forget that very often Amazon are the middleman and they also rely on other companies so please give them a break,they are the cheapest and they are helpful they get 5stars from me!! We can all only do our very best.

I have waited anxiously for Fable3 and boy what an amazing game this is it really has been well thought out and the graphics are stupendous,the characters amazing and the village person creator is wild I created mine and it was brilliant when he come out into the village and spoke to me and gave me a quest to do excellent stuff and I will play and play this game. I love the new map view and sanctuary is brilliant there is just so much going on in the game that you truly feel you are in it.I have it connected up via 5:1 speaker system and it is just amazing to hear the soudtracks. If you have never played any of the Fable series then you have truly missed out and you must get them especially this one. Ten out of ten and 110percent gamers delight.
on 21 January 2012
Fable III has been very disappointing. The whole system for interaction with the non-player characters is so silly that it borders on ridicule. You can choose to either do a "good" or "bad" thing to the person you are talking to (e.g. either shake their hand or belch in their face). Your action is then accompanied by grunts and noises from both parts, expressing agreement or disagreement. All social interactions are conducted that way.

The problem is that you cannot choose which type of "good" (or "bad") interaction to execute, and quickly the game gets stuck on "Dance". So you end up having a very silly and suggestive dance with everybody you speak to, from the city guard to the shop owner your were trying to haggle with. Watching my guy or gal character dance in a silly manner while moaning and grunting with city guards, citizens or sellers is not really what I have in mind when I think "creative interaction with the game world".

In addition to the nerve-grating social interaction system (which is unavoidable since you are supposedly trying to start a revolution and win people over to your cause -- by dancing erotically with them), you are stuck with a super-linear storyline. Basically you are following your dad's old friend from mission to mission while listening to him lecture you about your greatness and amazing future before he sends you off to kill something. You have no chance for dialogue, exchange or anything else of the style. You are just a characterless yeah-sayer who ends up following the old man and do what he says, for hours of gaming.

This is definitely NOT a role-play game: it completely lacks meaningful social interactions and freedom in the choice of what to do. The storyline is extremely predictable and unimaginative. And the silliness of the "interaction" system leaves one wondering what the designers were thinking.
on 5 December 2010
Following on from Fable 2 this is a much improved game. Problems with Coop have been sorted, is now a fun online experience. More characters for a more involved story line. Graphics, especially in cut scenes, are stunning.
on 9 June 2011
The collector's pack is a rather nice one, with a seal in real metal and a very nice package presentation. Yet, the game is ultimately disappointing: it's merely a succession of moderate amplitude quests. Absolutely nothing in the game feels epic: it's easy, far too easy, and the final boss is ridiculous, to the point it's weaker than certain common enemies. There are also some sever flaws in the game that make you waste huge amounts of time. Moreover, there is virtually no interesting treasure to find: in the 3% of the chests not containing junk like money of clothes, you'll find a randomly selected weapon that will likely not fit your gaming style (I got virtually nothing but firearms, and i only use swords), and don't hope to reload a save game to get another chance: the content of those chest is defined once and for all when you create a new game. Oh, and you can't copy a save game either, so don't hope to go back to a specific moment of your quest, ever. Even the DLC are worthless, being very really small and short.