on 1 November 2010
I have been ordering from Amazon for years and have never had a bad word to say about them and the same is true today. After reading some of the reviews about people who did not recieve their copy on time I thought I should add another positive review.

I pre-ordered only bout 2 weeks ago and went for the free super saver delivery as I was not too bothered about getting it on the day of release. My estimated delivery was 2-3 November and I recieved it on Sat 30th October at 7am, the postman woke me up! My villager creator and additional weapons codes came through on Thursday 28th October so I was very happy with the service and as it came early ended up playing it for most of the weekend!

I'm about 15 hours into the game and it seems like there is still a heck of a way to go, the combat system is fantastic, I love the new spellweaving ability. I also find that now the Hero is voiced far more than in the previous Fables I am drawn into the story telling alot more.

The extras that come with the Limited edition are well worth it, extra weapons, the boxer breed of dog and Hunters Lodge are worth the extra money alone! The Villager creator is great fun and I love that you can fully interact and even marry the chracter you create like i did!

In conclusion all I have to say is thank you Amazon for the speedy delivery, even though I didnt pay for postage and what a fantastic additional to the Fable series, a must buy for Fable fans.
on 15 July 2013
it's hard not to love a game that loves you so much in return. Fable IIl will charm you, thrill you, and leave you even more pleased than fable ll..
on 9 November 2010
This is the game if you want rid of your partner for a few days then buy it.,the games room was locked to outsiders as I relished the moments in realm of fable. Its also funny with challenging parts. wonderful graphics as always with the fable franchise, the story line is easy to follow, with the odd bit of dark moments gave it a rather sinister feel, sweet!. Unfortunately i thought it was a little to easy..shame they didn't have different types of levels to play it through again.3rd play through and still loving it. Playing co op with pals is a huge difference compared to fable2..we had a issue where the new char my mate had, suddenly levelled up in his stats, hopefully this bug will be fixed as it ruined his game a little,Easy to restart but a little frustrating. But roll on fable 4 in a couple of yr s./

purchased the limited addition,you get a fancy coin,its OK, nice pack of playing cards. It's the box though,that really makes if very nice with a little compartments inside. well funky.

Go buy it you know you want to, Do it!

happy gaming folks.
on 9 June 2011
The collector's pack is a rather nice one, with a seal in real metal and a very nice package presentation. Yet, the game is ultimately disappointing: it's merely a succession of moderate amplitude quests. Absolutely nothing in the game feels epic: it's easy, far too easy, and the final boss is ridiculous, to the point it's weaker than certain common enemies. There are also some sever flaws in the game that make you waste huge amounts of time. Moreover, there is virtually no interesting treasure to find: in the 3% of the chests not containing junk like money of clothes, you'll find a randomly selected weapon that will likely not fit your gaming style (I got virtually nothing but firearms, and i only use swords), and don't hope to reload a save game to get another chance: the content of those chest is defined once and for all when you create a new game. Oh, and you can't copy a save game either, so don't hope to go back to a specific moment of your quest, ever. Even the DLC are worthless, being very really small and short.
on 1 November 2010
This game is absolutely fantastic. I can't fault it one bit; the LCE packaging is much better than I anticipated, the choice coin is metal (I was expecting plastic) and the playing cards are really good quality. I feel a little sorry for anyone who has missed out on this edition...and a little annoyed at the vultures charging eighty odd quid for it!

Regards the game I've only played it for about 2 hours so far due to work, but by eck they've done a top job - for the fan of Fable games this is everything you love about the games finely tuned and complimented by an excellent story and lovely graphics. Lovely meaning easy on the eye and keeping with the series' kitch value as opposed to the gritty harshness championed by certain other games (CoD, Fallout 3 etc.). Newcomers will find it easy to get to grips with and thoroughly engrossing from the start.

Buy this game. If you can't afford it buy Fable II for a taste of what you're missing out on!
on 2 November 2010
I am a massive fan of Lionhead studios, and this has to be their best game yet.
The maps have a great atmosphere and the weapon morphing system is good, though it does seem to jump quite quickly to great looking weaponry then have smaller changes at higher levels.
The sanctuary which is essentially the menu system is quick to load and is a welcome change from scrolling through list after list.

The box is one of the best collectors edition boxes i have seen, the deck of cards feels quite high quality and the artwork on the face cards is great.
The coin is nice and heavy and is great for helping you make those tricky decisions.

I would recommend this to anyone thinking about getting in to the RPG genre and any fans of the first two Fable games.

There seems to be some debate about Amazons pre-order service here, so i'lll throw my vote in, mine arrived on the day at about 8am, so no complaints from me.
on 21 January 2012
I have read so many bad reviews on here about this game, but i LOVED it. I am an avid gamer, and have played the the second fable game, which i really didnt enjoy, but this game is fantatic!! Gone are the countless boring pointless fights, gone are the boring menus and slow loading screens. In it's place are fantastic and exiciting interactive menu rooms, with a John Cleese voiced butler showing you around, and giving you great tips.(There are many famous voices in this game, including Ben Kingsley, Simon Pegg, Steven Fry, Micheal Fassbender, Zoe Wannamaker, Bernad Hoult, plus many, many more and the voice acting is fabulous) Also one my favourite changes is the spell weaver, you get a different gaunlet for each spell, and once you get the upgrade, you get to wear a spell on each hand, which makes this awsome spell weave, which looks amazing, and is really helpful in battle. As you play the game, the achievements and avatar awards come thick and fast, and it is a total joy to play! Not to mention how amazing the game looks, when fighting, you go into slow motion to land the final blow!!!! I would definately recommened this game, and give it 5 out of 5. I really am dissappointed with the other reveiws on here, but if thats how people felt then fair enough. I enjoyed this game a million times better then the second fable, so please dont let the one star reveiws put you off, it is fantastic :D
on 24 December 2012
Lovely gift wrapped cant rate this item as a present but the owner will in detail as wanted it for a while so will be one excited person
Have to give praise to seller the item well packed arrived in mint condition very pleased
on 5 December 2010
Following on from Fable 2 this is a much improved game. Problems with Coop have been sorted, is now a fun online experience. More characters for a more involved story line. Graphics, especially in cut scenes, are stunning.
on 2 November 2010
Again Lion Head produce another awesome game, its very fun with quest and the story. Haven't completed it yet but first impression is a good one. The only reason I give it 4 out of 5 stars is because it's still a bit glitchy. I thought maybe before they made it they should have looked back on the previous game and improved it within that area, but oh well. Overall, its fun, charming and funny and multiplayer over x box live is really fun. You can become business partners or a married couple and have kids!
And also, the box it's presented in is amazing!! It's worth it just because of that! It arrived on time too!
Can't wait to fully dive into the story and see what happens!!