5.0 out of 5 stars Its a winner
Published on 5 Feb 2009 by Kevin

3.0 out of 5 stars Hard read
Not as simple as your standard dummies fare, but PRINCE II is not as simple as some of the subjects DUMMIES covers - hits the bases, but miss the dummies re-enforcement tests and stuff.
Published on 23 Mar 2009 by Stephen Stocks

5.0 out of 5 stars Its a winner, 5 Feb 2009
Kevin - See all my reviews
This review is from: Prince2 For Dummies (Paperback)
My company has taken on Prince 2 training big time for most of the staff. having no project management experience I was booked on the foundation course so I bought a copy of this book. Its the best thing I did and helped me a lot. The actual Prince2 manual is more like a reference book where as the Dummies guide talks you through the process's in a more informal way. My advice is if you are going on the foundation or practitioners course then get this book.

4.0 out of 5 stars A really good companion to the official Prince2 coursebook, 19 Mar 2009
Soton_Kav (Southampton, Hampshire UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Prince2 For Dummies (Paperback)
You know what you're getting with a "for dummies book". It doesn't go into too much detail (and God knows, there's a lot of detail in the official coursebook!) and that makes it easy to get some basic knowledge out of it. I bought this 2 weeks before I went on the Practitioner's course so I had both this and the official coursebook before I started the course. If you're coming to the practitioner course without any prior knowledge then the sheer amount of information injected into your brain over 3 and a half days or so can throw you a bit. and that's where this book comes in. Where the official coursebook is very dry nd details everything,this book gives you more "context" so you get a better feel for why things are done the way they are in Prince2 environments.
As a companion to the coursebook, I highly recommend it. If you're buying it just to get you through the Practitioner exam you should look for something else instead or to supplement it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Prince2 Review, 24 Oct 2008
S. Gulde - See all my reviews
This review is from: Prince2 For Dummies (Paperback)
An excellent well written structured overview of the international Project Management methodology. Author makes a pretty light-hearted read of a difficult subject. Recommended.

4.0 out of 5 stars Helped me pass my exam without reading the official text.., 5 Aug 2012
Jamzi (NW England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: PRINCE2 For Dummies (Kindle Edition)
A few months ago I signed up for my PRINCE2 foundation exam. Unfortunately I never made it past page 22 of the official textbook I received as part of the course and I only completed an e-learning CD that I had. 2 days before the exam I took a practice test on the CD and failed the exam altogether(passmark 50% but they recommend you are regularly achieving 80% before you attempt the exam). I normally fare pretty well in exams so that was a bit of a shocker but nothing I didn't deserve after my lack of study.

I set about practicing tests on the simulator the next day for a few hours and managed to get a regular pass but I was still in the 55%-60% range which didn't quite feel safe enough. The night before the exam I found this book on Amazon and downloaded it to my Kindle. That evening and the next morning I read through as fast as I could, I didn't quite make the end before my exam but it was obviously enough as I scored 70% which is a decent pass. This book isn't perfect for the "exam cram" situation as it is more of a practical guide for how to apply the PRINCE2 methodology and therefore occasionally disagrees with the teachings offered by PRINCE2 which can get confusing when you are only trying to learn PRINCE2, however this is probably also a good point of the book if you are using it as an accomponying book to the original text book and means it would be even more useful for the "Practitioner" level exam. The book did make me chuckle from time to time too and helped things snap into place by using examples that meant something to me rather than the dry info within the course itself. All in all a very worthwhile purchase for anyone who wants to understand PRINCE2 better or simply for a bit more insurance to pass your exams.

4.0 out of 5 stars Buy this book if you are taking the PRINCE2 course, 31 Jan 2013
Jacqueline (United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
I took the PRINCE2 course with little knowledge of the subject. I have previously worked on several projects and thought that the PRINCE2 course would beneficial. I read through the manual which they provided and undertook all the homework and still failed. This book explains the procedures, goes into depth and provides examples. So, if you're thinking of taking the PRINCE2 course, read this book first.

5.0 out of 5 stars No Dummy Here!, 10 Oct 2009
A Kid's Review
This review is from: Prince2 For Dummies (Paperback)
This was just the thing I needed to get the Prince2 ideals in a way that was easy to relate to and in a more logical format. I would advise anyone either taking the Course or working in a Prince2 environment to keep this close to hand.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great simple and easy to read, 31 July 2009
Vizaz70 (Mill Hill, London) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Prince2 For Dummies (Paperback)
Project managment is heavy going anyway so you will always need to concentrate a bit however a bit of humour comes in handy. You will gain a better understanding of the elements of project management however I will caution against using only this book for exams. The manual is the official reference book, the book will come in handy when trying to break down the jargon in the manual. Hope this helps.

5.0 out of 5 stars Prince for Dummies, 21 Jun 2013
This review is from: PRINCE2 For Dummies (Kindle Edition)
I brought this via my Kindle but would recommend that you buy the book rather than the kindle version, due to the details of the diagrams which need to be reviewed and digested.
However the book is excellent, in that its simple and explicit, compared to the manual and makes everything 'bite size'.
Read this before you read the manual.

4.0 out of 5 stars Avoid the official book and try this one instead, 4 April 2012
This book avoids the common problems in the Dummies series, namely verbose text and half-wit jokes.

However, if you intend to pass in the Practitioner exam, you may want to check Passing the PRINCE2 examinations too.

Have a look in Project Management For Dummies (UK Edition) which will fill the gaps left by Prince2 framework.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, thorough treatment, 17 Dec 2010
This is a very clearly and sensibly written book, there's even space for some humour! It is a very good treatment of Prince2, much more informative and, dare I say it, more sensible than the Prince2 Manual itself. It is a good book to learn about Prince2 and makes an excellent reference resource once read. I heartily recommend it.

PRINCE2 For Dummies