on 28 November 2004
I liked these erotic stories very much. There was something for everyone in this book (there are 35 different and unique stories). The stories are very short but they are interesting. I felt that they could have gone a little farther than they went, they were a little tame for my tastes, but they were still a lot of fun to read and I would recommend this as a gift for any woman who enjoys reading erotica or romance. And for an even more erotic read I would recommend Nancy Madore's "Bedtime Stories for Women," which re-tells fairy tales in a very erotic and exciting format.
0Comment| 126 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 7 January 2004
Five Minute Erotica is combined of stories that take a little over, well, five minutes to read. Most of them are hot and spicy and so easy to read. It offers many different scenerios and fantasy play, even bisexual encounters. Definitely recommended along with "The Other Woman" (Kim Corum) and "Best Women's Erotica" (Marcy Scheiner).
0Comment| 113 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 26 February 2007
A very enjoyable book with bite size stories that don't waffle about with excess padding. The storyline is established and cuts to the action very quickly. It is a collection of erotic stories by different writers so each has a different style and feel about it. That is not a bad thing and on the whole most of the stories are excellent. The odd one, perhaps leaves you feeling a bit short, you feel they could have taken the bit in their teeth (or something else) and taken the story on a bit further, but on the whole it is very good. I found that it was a good book to open for a few minutes read to perk you up for the day. I particularly liked THE BOUNTY OF SUMMER by Carol Queen, that was very erotic story. I would highly recommend the book. Another book I would recommend that you have a look at, which has perhaps a stronger sexual content, is 100 PERCENT EROTICA by Suzie Van Aartman. This book could well become a classic in my opinion.
on 30 October 2009
Not a bad little book this and it's been around for a while and seems to be in the classic erotic genre. In fact I bought this book a couple of years ago and have just got round to reading it, after rediscovering it during a clear out. The stories are quite good but like some of the other reviewers have mentioned, they are a little restrained and leave you feeling that they haven't gone all the way. Still on the whole not a bad book and I do like the cover picture. But if you want more explicit spice to your erotica have a look at Elizabeth Chamberlain's Absolute Erotica: The Definitive Collection and Rachel Kramer Bussel's Dirty Girls: Erotica for Women
on 18 June 2007
In a word, this book is dreadful! Sorry for all those who have said they enjoyed it but this book didn't even get me luke warm let alone hot. I kept waiting for each story to start then it ended. Yes, short 5 minute reads but nothing of any substance in them to read. Save your money.
on 1 February 2007
After reading the recommendations I ordered this book with high expectations only to be completely underwhelmed! This book wouldn't even shock or arouse my Gran. If you are a fan of Nancy Friday and some Black Lace books this one isn't for you.
on 15 January 2013
With 50 Shades becoming a overnight hit our local Waterstones (book shop) put together a table of the books with an erotic element. I have to admit I was very intreagued and ended up purchasing four different books. This was one of them.

Each story lives up to the "five minute" rule and were very easy to read. I liked some stories more than I liked others. Some left more to the imagination than others. On a whole the book was a really good read and there were no stories that left me feeling disappointed.

I liked the variety that was offered by the books. From stories having only play to those that had full blown sex, and those that had both, each story was written well. There were no glaring errors. There was one story that I had to read parts of again as I wasn't sure what the author meant but in a book of over 40 stories that's pretty good going.

For those just getting started with this genre this is a perfect book to start with. It gets the mind racing and I have to say its helped me with writing sex scenes, in the way that I can now put the words together a little easier.

I give Five Minute Erotica 4/5.
on 3 January 2013
Stories suit a variety of tastes (no pun intended!) and preferences - good first book to try. Short stories rather than a novel so you can flip through and select dependant upon your mood.... happy reading!
on 13 March 2012
This book was bought for a book club, we thought it would provoke an interesting discussion. Apart from a few amusing stories I found the book very boring and no one finished it. If you like graphic worded sex scenes with 'weird bits' thrown in (think cats and aliens) this book is for you, if you don't, stay away.
on 15 October 2009
loved this book. a very good read. i love all the stories and there is such a variety of stories told by different people which is even better. its a must have :)