Format: Kindle Edition|Change
Price:£3.99

on 28 October 2010
As with all Dilly Court books it captures your attention from the first word to the last. Would recommend. Now can't wait to read her next book!The Ragged Heiress
on 4 October 2010
Another excellent book by Dilly Court. Don't start reading it if you are busy because you won't put it down, the story grips you from start to finish. Please hurry up with your next book Dilly!!!
on 15 February 2011
I LOVED this book! From start to finish I was hooked and could not put it down... The storyline is unique and really brings to life Victorian England. Can't wait for your next book Dilly!
on 8 November 2010
Brilliant writing. Did 'nt want to put it down. Trouble is I can't wait to read the end, then I'm disappointed that the book has finished. Oh contrare!
on 7 February 2011
Loved this book,could not put it down, a real insight into how things used to be too.
excellent read.buy it and see for yourself.
on 3 July 2011
This is the first Dilly Court book I've read. I enjoyed the book and found it an easy read. However, this book did at times remind me of Catherine Cookson. The reason being is that she sometimes wrote stories during that period and they were all good at describing the harsh realities of the times lived in.

I liked Lucetta's character and found Giles, Mary and Henry nice too. I love reading about London East End as that is where my family originate, so it was nice to read about the times my ancestors lived in.

Good book. Will be reading more.
on 4 March 2016
Here's a story to keep you turning the pages, THE ragged Heiress by Dilly court. the year is 1874, we meet our main character Lucy , lying in a London Hospital, not knowing where she is, or who she is ! she has been brought into hospital saved from the ship she was travelling in when struck by a Steamship with most of the passages drowned. one of the Nurses caring for her takes particular interest in her, & becomes a great support later in her life. As Lucy lays in her bed, the story takes us back to why Lucy is travelling on the ship, and to her life style in the The Spice Islands with her parents, this story has so many surprises & "Rags & Riches" in Lucy's life. you will want to read just one more chapter before you can put the Kindle down.
on 12 December 2015
I thoroughly enjoyed this book. I could relate to lucy, how many women have fallen for the wrong guy. She was young and impetuous and wore her heart on her sleeve. Sam finally showed his true colours before she made a huge mistake. My heart went out to Guthrie though, although he made many mistakes he was easily led, but had a heart of gold. I felt for him when lucy gave him the coat he thought it was wonderful. What generous, kind friends Mary and Giles were. He was a lovely man so patient , loving understanding. Dilly court always gives you a full description of the people and times they live in it almost transports you there. You can actually imagine yourself being there with them. Looking forward to the next one.

An excellent story that a lot of us women could relate to, falling for the wrong guy that your parents don't approve of. A lot of us were like lucy, young and impetuous wearing our heart or our sleeves. Sam finally showed his true colours thankfully before she made a huge mistake. My heart went out to Guthrie, although he did wrong many times I think he was easily led and
on 6 January 2016
This is the first novel I've ready by this author and I was not disappointed. It was a beautifully written story. I was happy that it ended on a good note and particularly liked the way the author tied up all the loose ends,bringing the story to it's finale. If you enjoy rags to riches stories ( or vice versa) based during the Victorian era then this is sure to fit the bill. It certainly gets a thumbs up from me.
VINE VOICEon 28 May 2011
LONDON 19TH CENTURY LUCETTA IS LEFT TO FEND FOR HERSELF,IN TIMES OF POVERTY,ALONG HER WAY SHE MEETS ALL SORTS OF PEOPLE.THE BOOK TRULY LETS YOU KNOW WHAT LIFE WAS LIKE THEN.ROMANTIC, HISTORY,HAPPY,SAD,JUST A FEW THINGS TO SUM UP THIS FANTASTIC BOOK.CANT WAIT FOR HER NEXT BOOK.