5.0 out of 5 stars Lifa Base Layers... Whats not to like?, 24 Sep 2012
This review is from: Helly Hansen Men's Dry 2 Pack Baselayer Set (Apparel)
I was given my first HH Lifa dry base layer as a gift in the region of 15 years ago. Bar a couple of holes its still going strong. My new purchase is essentially the same and I love it. When in the hill my preference is for fast and light.

I have tried several thicker base layers but find none wick so well as the Lifa Dry and as a result often end up with a net heat loss. Personally, in approx 50% of hill time the Lifa Dry is perfect...

As the light / temperature drops or in damp / misty / frosty / windy / snowy conditions a pertex wind shell thrown over the top gives me all the protection I need in 2 ultralight layers. That covers 75% of hill time... The rest of the time is really poor conditions in which case a lightweight waterproof is added as a 3rd layer 5% ... the balance 20% I'm normally in a wicking Tshirt... not HH because I cheaped out... but I wish I hadn't. HH ts on the Christmas list :)

Handwashed at the end of the day the Lifa Dry gear will be dry by morning or at worst will dry when on. 3 tops will easily work for a week.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great base layer for motorcycling, 24 April 2012
I have use a set of these for the last year in the UK, France and also Spain. Now whilst some of the climes were warm (during the day) at night I have worn these as a base layer in sub zero temperatures on the motorbike and also in the sleeping bag in the Pyrenees.

I bought another pair because they are good. Heartily recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars brilliant, 25 Jan 2014
always liked these thermals, excellent heat retention and dissipation. you can actually see beads of sweat balling on outside of fabric as the material wicks. thermal performance in cold weather is better than more expensive options. definitely recommend.

5.0 out of 5 stars Top kit, 3 Mar 2013
Great bit of kit at a very good price,and a quick response with an early problem,speedy response to my emails.great aftersales

5.0 out of 5 stars Does what it says on the tin, 29 Nov 2012
AndyS "Andy" (Leeds, W Yorks United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
Good quality, does the job; read all the reviews and fealt that they are a good reflection of the product

4.0 out of 5 stars Helly Hansen Men's Dry 2 Pack Baselayer, 26 Nov 2012
A good product that does exactly as expected.

If you are replacing traditional Lifa thermals be aware the Dry range appears to be thinner and cooler than the traditional Lifa ones.

Which was a little disappointing, should have done more research.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great product, 6 Nov 2012
G. Davidson (Salisbury UK) - See all my reviews
The fit of base layer products is paramount if they are to remain comfortable in use. I am 5' 4" and normally wear medium t shirts. The medium top is a perfect fit but the bottoms are just a little long on my 29" leg. Despite this they do exactly what they are designed for and keep me warm and dry when running or out on my MTB in the cold weather. The twin pack is excellent value for money too over individual items. Washes well and does not shrink or stretch on drying. Will buy again when needed.

ARRAY(0xa46f9fb4)