5.0 out of 5 stars Good mouse for extended use
I bought this mouse after discovering the M185 mouse supplied with the MK270 set is a mini one, and too small for extended daily use.

Published 17 months ago by Raff

1.0 out of 5 stars Really not a quality product from Logitech
I purchased the M510 last may as part of a new pc build. I bought it because of the unifying ability that went alongside the K350 keyboard that I had purchased. (Unifying = 1 dongle for both keyboard and mouse..in simple terms)

Published 14 months ago by BurnoutSam

1.0 out of 5 stars Really not a quality product from Logitech, 11 Jan. 2014
This review is from: Logitech M510 Wireless Mouse (Personal Computers)

From the off the mouse has performed intermittently. It will stop half way through dragging the arrow pointer across the screen, which is especially annoying when working on spreadsheets. When you 'try' to highlight a block section of a spreadsheet...it highlights half then drags the rest and dumps it where you don't want it. I have put up with it for over 8 months...but had to change.

Unifying is something that Logitech has to perfect before bringing out such inferior products.

see also my review on the (unifying) keyboard K360 by Logitech

3.0 out of 5 stars If you want a ratcheted scroll-wheel mouse, this might do, 4 Dec. 2013
PhillyJQ (Bedfordshire, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Logitech M510 Wireless Mouse (Personal Computers)
I wanted a ratcheted scroll-wheel mouse because I was tired watching my photos whiz through on the screen just because I accidentally touched the wheel on my MS wireless 2000 mouse (a very comfortable full-size mouse, however). I bought the Logitech M510 mouse because of its ratcheted wheel, and it was good size -not a small mobile mouse.

However, maybe I received one of the defective ones that every company occasionally turns out, but the scroll-wheel is VERY rough. Like it has grit in it! Not pleasant to use. The scratchy wheel is very distracting, but I kept it because it's eased up a little, and I can't find anything better which satisfies my needs. That is, it's the 'only game in town', as far as I'm concerned. It will do until I can find a better mouse. The almost 'perfect' mouse seems to be one of the corded MS mice, but with my cluttered work surface, I really don't need another cord running across it!

The Logitech software has to be downloaded from their website, and it's pretty rudimentary compared to Microsoft's.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good mouse for extended use, 15 Oct. 2013
This review is from: Logitech M510 Wireless Mouse (Personal Computers)

This mouse is 'full size', a good 12cm long and fills my medium male hands nicely. It takes 2 AA batteries, which lend it a nice weight. I've read you can use it with just one battery, which might help if you find it too heavy. Personally, I think a heavier mouse is easier to control.

The mouse is nicely contoured, and I find my thumb and little finger rest nicely on recessed rubber areas.

The side buttons are carefully positioned above your thumb (right handed users) so you won't hit them by accident - a problem I've had with small mice. There is also a useful notch between the side buttons so you can feel which one you're pressing.

The wheel is nicely weighted, neither too stiff or loose, with a nice grippy rubber surface. The left and right movement is perfectly weighted too, no chance of doing it by accident, but easy to do when you want to.

It worked fine with my existing unifying receiver, although you need to use the Setpoint software initially to detect and register it with the receiver. The spare receiver just lives inside the special hole in the battery compartment.

Really, I'd like to give it 4.5 stars, as I feel it's a little over-priced, but 5 stars it is.

3.0 out of 5 stars An OK mouse, but not for gamers, 20 Nov. 2013
This review is from: Logitech M510 Wireless Mouse (Personal Computers)
I like this mouse because:
- the left-right movement of the scroll wheel can be configured with any action I want. (go backwards, minimise window, etc.);
- the batteries last long. In the last year I never changed them;
- it has invisible laser (no red light underneath it);
- the range is very good.

I don't like this mouse because:
- it does not work at on my new black desk;
- if I switch users (on windows 7 and 8), the custom commands on the scroll wheel are reset to default ones;
- the sensitivity is not very good. You can get used to it for browsing internet, but is definitely not a mouse to game with.

2.0 out of 5 stars Dissapointing, 24 Jan. 2014
This review is from: Logitech M510 Wireless Mouse (Personal Computers)
Liked the size, shape and weight of the M510. Shame it performed so badly. The mouse pointer seemed to have a mind of it's own! Erratic and very imprecise movement (irrespective of the working surface or USB socket used) made it frustrating to use. It's possible that I have received a faulty unit but as replacement was not an option, I can't tell.

5.0 out of 5 stars Recommend, 22 July 2014
This review is from: Logitech M510 Wireless Mouse (Personal Computers)
I love these mice. I have 2 (one personal and one work). They replace my earlier one that finally died a death. Great for business or home use.

The mouse never skips a beat. The battery life is great. The size is chunky enough to feel good in the hand.

Also, nice and simple with the 3 buttons on top(one is the scroll/ pan button) and the forward/ back on the side which are useful (if you remember they are there).

5.0 out of 5 stars Bought as replacement for Logitech M505, 19 May 2014
This review is from: Logitech M510 Wireless Mouse (Personal Computers)
Trashed my Logitech M505 when it got a soaking [that's another story]. Bought this M510 as it uses the same wireless Unifying software and has the extra programmable button on the side. Very ergonomic and fits the hand [i'm right handed] perfectly. Can use for hours without getting aching fingers or hands. Logitech make the best and most reliable mice I have used in 25 years of computing.
For full programmable control it is best to go to Logitech site and download the latest version of "Setpoint". This is the software that allows you to customize buttons and other cool stuff for gamers etc. The unifying dongle comes with the mouse and just plugs into a USB port. You need to download the "Unifying" software from Logitechs' site and pair the device [similar to Bluetooth]

3.0 out of 5 stars Takes some getting used to, but works brilliantly., 31 Dec. 2014
This review is from: Logitech M510 Wireless Mouse (Personal Computers)
I've always been a fan of wired peripherals until I was forced to use a wireless mouse. That one died and I had to make a decision about a new one - the Logitech M510 came highly recommended from various sources including friends and family. I must say that it's barely noticeable as being wireless compared to some of the alternatives.

My only criticism is that the laser is positioned unusually on the bottom of the device. You would expect, or at least I did, that it would be located in the centre of the mouse so that it reacts reasonably to the movement. Bizarrely it's right at the edge on the right hand side. After about 5 days of consistent use I got used to the difference and now it's brilliant.

3.0 out of 5 stars Care re compatability, 14 July 2014
Ian "Hillwalker" (Leicestershire,UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Logitech M510 Wireless Mouse (Personal Computers)
Bought to replace existing and worn out logitech wireless mouse while retaining existing wirelesss keyboard.Good product but doesn't work with previous generation wireless mouse/keyboard. Its the unifying receiver or whatever its called. To make it work you need to either replace your old keyboard for a new generation keyboard or keep your old wireless mouse plugged in.
Would have thought Logitech would have expained that in their advertising blurb and explained that its receiver is not backwards compatible.
Will now have to replace old wireless keyboard at some time. Bit annoying as its cheaper to buy both items together as a package.

5.0 out of 5 stars Full-sized decent performer wireless mouse, 4 Sept. 2014
This review is from: Logitech M510 Wireless Mouse (Personal Computers)
Logitech Wireless Mouse M510 is full-sized well-made wireless mouse which offers ergonomic shape which enables comfortable usage even after long periods you’ll spent behind the desk.

Due to its size it can be equally pleasant to use to people with larger and smaller hands though still not too large to be easily put in every laptop bag and given its capabilities and price M510 represents good ratio of gained value for money.

Even though price of batteries got hugely decreased for users it would be good to know that this device is very merciful towards batteries, I use it every day for at least couple of hours and it’s still working equally good after 6 months had passed. It’s advertised that one set of batteries can last up to 2 years.

Though it can be assumed M510 cannot compete on field of precision with more expensive mice models, actually it cannot be observed in day-by-day work even when using graphical applications and similar which require subtle movements.

The only drawback for some could be its questionable sturdiness that on first glance does not give confidence, and given that I did not want to throw it from the desk to check, it remains to be seen how the mouse would behave and look after accidentally fall off the table.

Overall, Logitech Wireless Mouse M510 could be both recommended for its design, features and price representing equally good solution for static or portable office/house mouse.

Logitech M510 Wireless Mouse