5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Quality & Very Comfortable
I did a fair bit of research before I settled on this headset. Took a bit of a gamble as they had just been released but based on recommendations from colleagues and other reviews of Logitech headsets I went for it.

Couldn't be happier with the purchase.

Published on 5 Sep 2010 by CoachDriver

3.0 out of 5 stars Good sound quality but uncomfortable
I purchased this headset for use with Skype and the sound quality is good - the plug and play USB is great but when you wear them for a few hours on a long call they become heavy and uncomfortable on the ears - shame.
Published 16 months ago by Treetops

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Quality & Very Comfortable, 5 Sep 2010
This review is from: Logitech H530 USB Headset (Accessory)

Couldn't be happier with the purchase.

Excellent build quality and very comfortable to wear. I have made numerous 90 minute calls and my ears do not ache at all during this time. Very easy to control the volume and the mute on the side of the headset. The red light on the microphone is a little difficult to see when wearing the headset to indicate mute is on but that is fairly minor, just have to squint a little.

I have this running on OSX and just had to plug the USB cable in. This is via a USB hub for me and have had no issues. I was then able to select the input and output devices in Skype and my VOIP client very easily. Very long cable if you need it as well.

Just an excellent headset so far over the last 3 weeks and about 8 hours of use.

5.0 out of 5 stars If you have been looking for a really good USB headset, 15 Jan 2011
This review is from: Logitech H530 USB Headset (Accessory)
Then the Logitech H530 should be on your list of products to research.

My old headset was in constant demand by my other half, it was Christmas
and, all things considered, time for a new unit.

The previous headset has shown a weakness in the head band and both
adjustment extensions had put too much pressure on the band that
goes over the head and the ends of the band had cracked. Not a good
situation and the result was copious use of duck-tape to stop the
old headset falling apart completely.

This experience made me pay special attention to this same area in
the H530, I came to the conclusion that it was a lot more solidly
built, so I made the purchase.

I am delighted. The H530 is strong, very comfortable, and cool over
the ears even after prolonged wear. The sound is so good that it
makes the purchase very worthwhile.

I use the Headset on both Vista and Linux Ubuntu without any
challenges. The headset is excellent on skype, too

5.0 out of 5 stars Top Quality Product, 7 April 2012
This review is from: Logitech H530 USB Headset (Accessory)
Bought for my son. He uses it every day to chat with friends whilst gaming. He never complains. He would if it was a problem...He's a teenager.

3.0 out of 5 stars Good sound quality but uncomfortable, 14 Mar 2013

4.0 out of 5 stars Just what I needed, 25 Nov 2011
This review is from: Logitech H530 USB Headset (Accessory)
This headset is very comfortable on the ears and is made of a sturdy construction. I use it with a Mac and Rosetta Stone application running OS X 10.6 and had no problems with the setup, infact I didnt need to do anything. Once I plugged it in my computer settings were changed to use the headset for mic and sound output. Quality is really very good and is noticable when using skype, crystal clear. I also find the cord plenty long enough if I need to stand up from the computer.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very happy, 7 Jan 2011
C. Smith (UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Logitech H530 USB Headset (Accessory)
I occasionally use Skype for location-based radio broadcasts, so I was looking for a low-noise quality-sounding headset at a competitive price. I surveyed the market and this Logitech model appeared to fit the bill and was reasonably priced, so I decided to try it out.

It arrived promptly, installed without incident (in fact, getting the thing out of the horrible sealed packaging in the first place was the most difficult aspect of the installation). It looks nice but I am worried whether it is sufficiently robust to stand up to being transported about in bags or other carriers.

The controls (volume up and down and mic mute), which are built into the right earpiece, are a nice touch and easy to use, although the mic mute LED, mounted on the microphone, is hard to see when the mic is anatomically positioned (ie in the right place for speaking into it without popping or picking up breath noises).

Gratifyingly, the cable is also long and of good quality, appearing quite tough, which is very important with headsets because the cables, when they trail on the floor, are frequently run-over by the wheels of chairs, fracturing the cable strands.

The playback sound quality is fine for music or speech, and the microphone outputs good quality sound with very low intrinsic noise (hiss). It's not a replacement for a professional broadcast headset, but then it's not supposed to be.

Perhaps the only thing missing would be USB-bypass option whereby the cabling to the phones / mic could be hijacked to connect directly to an audio in / out port, which would extend the use / applications of the headset.

Overall I am very pleased and impressed with this device, although it is brand new so time will tell if it survives and continues to perform well.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good, 12 Jan 2013
This review is from: Logitech H530 USB Headset (Accessory)
I had the MSN headset for messenger which was terrible. In comparison, this is much better quality audio, the speech recognition with Dragon actually works, and it is comfortable to wear. A good product.

3.0 out of 5 stars Good earphones, the mic breaks for Mac / OS X, 20 Aug 2012
This review is from: Logitech H530 USB Headset (Accessory)
I use this headset everyday, so I should not complain too much but...

I have already bought two of these in 3 years, I am going to buy another one because the microphone does not work anymore. First it works on some positions only, then it stops working completely.

I am a Mac user, the headset is fully compatible.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good headset. No problems experienced to date., 13 Mar 2012
This review is from: Logitech H530 USB Headset (Accessory)
I bought this headset a few months ago and it is working very well. The microphone is good and easily muted using the button on the ear. The speakers are great for conversations and fairly good for music.

So if you're looking for a headset for work purposes this is great. If you're looking for one for occasional meetings and mostly listening to music then I'd look elsewhere.

4.0 out of 5 stars great update to the range, 18 Nov 2011
This review is from: Logitech H530 USB Headset (Accessory)
I already had a slightly less fancy Logitech headset, and I wanted one like it so I didn't have to keep switching voice profiles on my SR software.

Things I like: the USB connector houses all the processing electronics, other brands have bigger units. The volume control and mute is integrated with the earpiece housing. Oh, and an equaliser switch, again on the earbox, that has modes for speech (tinny), music (better), and game (best).

The earpads are a good size, with a nicely textured material, and so I can contemplate having them on for an hour or so. The general mechanics are high quality, with an appropriate amount of resistance to movement. I've had some floppy headsets in the past which needed immediate fixing, but I don't think I'll be needing the duck tape this time.

Would be nice to have a clearer view of the mute light.

Logitech H530 USB Headset