5.0 out of 5 stars Used everyday and still going strong
I use this at least 3 times everyday, and have done for over 6 months. I wouldn't be without it.

Better than electical one beacuse:
- only takes 4 mins
- 'lives' in the microwave now (rather than taking up space on the bench)
- Doesn't need to be unplugged to empty - just carried to the sink.

Not only does it holds a number of...
Published on 20 Mar. 2011 by SCGH

1.0 out of 5 stars I would like to us the philips range as it is good ...
Published 3 months ago by J. Barker

5.0 out of 5 stars Used everyday and still going strong, 20 Mar. 2011
This review is from: Philips AVENT SCF281/02 Microwave Steriliser (Baby Product)

Better than electical one beacuse:
- only takes 4 mins
- 'lives' in the microwave now (rather than taking up space on the bench)
- Doesn't need to be unplugged to empty - just carried to the sink.

Not only does it holds a number of bottles at a time, but also dummies, calpol measuring spoon, feeding spoons, bowls, microwavable teethers, etc...

I never measure 200ml exactly, just fill a bottle to somewhere around that mark, give or take 20ml.

I take it on holiday with me and use sterlising tablets in it if there is no microwave available.

1.0 out of 5 stars I would like to us the philips range as it is good ..., 31 Dec. 2014
J. Barker (United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
As the others have said does not fit standard microwaves. The steriliser it's self is 28cm wide most microwaves are 26 to 27cm wide inside now you might think that 1 or 2cms would just mean a tight fit but it means the steriliser will not turn in the microwave and unless you have a non turn microwave then it needs to turn. I have found one machine that will fir the Russel hobs 23l capacity machines but that's over £50.

I would like to us the philips range as it is good but they just don't have there information right. I have even talked to a member of their customer service team and the answers I got are-
"You must have the old 6 bottle model." Which I don't.
"We don;t know which type of microwaves would fit our product." Which is stupid when you have a none standard model. And anyway most products have a type they recommend you use with their machine.

It doesn't help that unless you are on a site like Amazon where you can ask other customers questions that microwave don't tell you the internal measurements of their machines. I just don't get why its so hard to give all relevant data on a product.

5.0 out of 5 stars Been used for both children - good, 15 Jan. 2014
CycleRacing (England) - See all my reviews
(HALL OF FAME REVIEWER)    (TOP 10 REVIEWER)
This works. We bought an electric steriliser and just didn't get on with it so bought this. It is simple to use and appears to do a good job. We used tommee tippee bottles in it, and although they don't slot properly into the slots it is fine and you can get the bottles to fit in fine. Recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars Much better than eletric and i am also able to fit ..., 9 Dec. 2014
I used this steam steriliser for two years now, with both of my sons. Much better than eletric and i am also able to fit dr. brown bottles (3), MAM bottles (3), spoons and other tableware in it. I bouth it 2 y ago, before the natural range came out so my base is different (made for the classic ones) but i am able to fit 3 natural avent bottles. Currently i am using only for spoons and tableware. Great buy! 2 y of daily use and very little signs of wear.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fast and easy, 25 Jan. 2014
If you have bottles tom the AVENT line, this is the steriliser to buy. Other brands won't fit very well.

Put the stated amount of water, put bottles and accessories, cover with the lid, power on the microwave for 3 or 4 minutes, and wait a few minutes to let it cool down.

Don't forget to turn the grill of. I nearly destroyed our steriliser because of this.

5.0 out of 5 stars So essential and easy to use!, 4 Dec. 2014
I LOVE this product. We looked at getting the electric vs. microwave steriliser but having read the reviews it seemed that the electric one took longer to sterilise the bottles. For an 800w microwave just pop in what you want to clean (after washing in hot soapy water with a bottle brush and rinsing) for 6 minutes and let cool down for a few minutes before placing on a bottle rack. I also sterilise dummies and formula pots in here too.

Pros:

The securely fastening lid means that the steam doesn't create condensation in the microwave

Durable materials

GREAT price

Sterlises 4 -6 bottles at a time plus teats and spare parts etc.

Comes with pair of plastic tongs to pick up hot teats

Quick and easy to use

4.0 out of 5 stars Better than chemicals but some disadvantages, 5 Jun. 2014
fb (West Yorkshire,UK) - See all my reviews
We started using this after couple of months use of sterilising tabs for the baby bottles from Asda. Although they were cheap and easy to use, they had to be rinsed out afterwards,left a sticky residue and there was a fair bit of water use. This,you need to put it in for 2 mins in the m'wave adding 200mls of water in the base to generate the steam which sterilises things. I like the fact there are no chemicals involved, but this will turn the silicone teats a yellowish colour and turn the bottles a milky semi-opaque appearance despite having cleaned them well beforehand.
Overall, we are very pleased with this and will continue to use this at home and use tabs when away from home etc.

1.0 out of 5 stars Not compact at all, 5 Jun. 2013
After dropping my old avent steriliser I needed to buy a new one. I went for this as it said it was compact in size and I assumed only holding 4 bottles instead of 6 it would be a lot smaller which meant I could finally buy a smaller microwave. However it came and it is exactly the same size so very disappointment. Do not buy this expecting it to be smaller than the average microwave steriliser!

5.0 out of 5 stars This is very useful in our family now off and on for 2 ..., 21 Dec. 2014
Mr Callow (North West England) - See all my reviews
This is very useful in our family now off and on for 2 years now. We bought it for our first child and it's still going now for our second child who is 4 months old.
The cost is the first reason we liked it and also because we bought the advent bottles. It sterilises 6 bottles at once which is enough to do 24 hours worth of bottles for us so it means we don't spend more time than we have to sterilising bottles. We have (on the odd occasion) used other branded bottles when friends needed to and they didn't have a problem when it was just for 2 bottles. I wouldn't recommend that this can take 6 of another brand of bottles as I cannot be sure.
We know of a friend who did have an electronic steriliser and she told use that it used a lot of electricity (they had a meter) so we chose to get this one.
It's fit all microwaves we have tried (although some it has to go in at a certain angle).
All in all its a great necessity for us and we are glad we have it. So much so that we told both of our great grandparents have bought one each for when the kids stay over.

4.0 out of 5 stars width and height to allow an easy fit; else expect trouble, 21 Dec. 2014
Didn't fit my microwave and I my microwave is a medium size modle.
Due to the internal wall mouldings on every microwave, I would advise consumers to ensure that their quoted internal dimensions of their microwave is atleast 2cm bigger in lengh, width and height to allow an easy fit; else expect trouble!

Philips AVENT SCF281/02 Microwave Steriliser