on 19 January 2010
I am ukrainian myself and I bought this book to check if i should buy similar books about other countries. It is well written and absolutely with absolutely correct information without exaggeration, just as it is. Very interesting read for people going to Ukraine for a short or long time. It will definitely help you to get alone with ukrainians as well as make your stay there more of a pleasant experience. It will make you fall in love with your mother land once again if you are like me, from Ukraine.
on 3 July 2010
Books on Ukraine are in short supply. This is an intersting read, to give some background and feel for the country for travellers who have not been there before - by no means essential reading but helpful alongside a phrasebook and a good guidebook.
on 10 May 2014
The book is excellent in providing an overview of Ukrainian culture, history and geography. I have read it very quickly as it is simple and interesting.