5.0 out of 5 stars A great second battery for your G12
Published on 10 Mar. 2011 by Michael

1.0 out of 5 stars Waste of money.
Published 21 months ago by curlydog

5.0 out of 5 stars A great second battery for your G12, 10 Mar. 2011
This review is from: Duracell Replacement Digital Camera Battery For Canon NB-7L Digital Camera Battery (Accessory)
I bought this as a backup battery for my Canon G12. It looks exactly the same as the original Canon battery that came with the camera. It took about the same time to charge and it performs the same job as the original. What's the catch? It's about a third of the price of a Canon battery, so there's no catch. I'm so pleased I bought this one and used the money I saved to buy other accessories.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great battery from a Market leader, 30 Jan. 2011
P. Swift "Swifty49" (Liverpool) - See all my reviews
I bought this as a spare battery for my Canon SX30is because the Canon battery was £78 and this one was £16! The fact that it was Duracell was the other deciding factor. So far it has more than lived up to my expectations.

1.0 out of 5 stars Waste of money., 10 Oct. 2013
Bought this item in September 2011 as a spare for my Canon G12, at the exact same time as I bought the camera. I wish I'd forked out the extra on the genuine Canon battery. After only one year of moderate use it would only take about a dozen shots before it was run down again. So now I'm left with a small paperweight. I didn't even bother to take it on holiday this time. I stuck with the original battery and made sure it was fully charged regularly.
I thought I could trust the name "Duracell" to come up with the goods, but obviously not. How can a battery be so different - they're both made in China!
So my advice - don't bother - buy the real thing instead.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good value alternative, 27 Sept. 2011
Mr. Vincent Devine "Vinnie" (Edinburgh, Scotland) - See all my reviews
Not quite as good as the CANON battery but close. I have a CANON SX30 IS and recently we went on safari in the Masai Mara in KENYA. It was put to the test here using the zoom and taking short video clips also. Only regret is that we didn't take the charger which was silly. Overall 1400 photos were taken, but almost 700 of those was with the CANON battery, the remainder was between this and an even cheaper battery which also reflected the price. This would be the preferred spare battery, for te price not a bad replacement for when the CANON is recharging....

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent value and product!, 4 April 2011
Bawddwr (Cymru / Wales) - See all my reviews
What a good price and product! Mislaid original Canon battery but the Duracell is equally as good if not better!

5.0 out of 5 stars Good value alternative to Canon NB-7L, 13 Jan. 2012
Duracell Replacement Battery For Canon NB-7L Similar capacity to the original Canon battery and seems to have equivalent performance therefore does what it's supposed to do. Good value at the price paid but annoyingly not all Duracell camera batteries come with a protective cover for the contacts, but I think this one did which is why I've awarded 5 stars. It's not possible to tell from the product information if a protective cover is included.

5.0 out of 5 stars good quality replacement for canon NB -7L, 17 Mar. 2013
Very good alternative battery from a trusted well known brand at half the price. It charges and performs exactly the same as the canon battery. I have used cheaper less known brands in the past and they all failed after a short time so hopefully this will stand the test of time up along there with the canon original. I definitely would recommend it .

5.0 out of 5 stars Duracell replacement Canon Camera Battery, 7 Dec. 2012
A. M. V. Cox "TonyCo1" (London Heathrow UK) - See all my reviews
As good as a battery gets.... Long lasting...cheaper than the canon original, but as good.
Previously had 2 extra ''generic'' batteries, both only lasted around a third as long as the Canon original.
This Duracell is as good.

5.0 out of 5 stars It's a battery..., 29 Dec. 2010
What is there to say about a battery?
It powers my camera and ...
Well, it's half the price of the equivalent Canon number and, in so far as it's possible to tell, it does exactly the same.
Can't see any reason not to buy it.

5.0 out of 5 stars I was suspicious..., 26 Mar. 2012
... about this battery.

Yes, it's by Duracell, yes it's listed as suitable for my Canon G11... and yet it seemed to good to be true.

But it's not (too good to be true). As other reviewers have said it is indentical in size and shape to the original Canon-supplied battery. It recharges in the G11's charger and... well... it's as good as the Canon one!

In short if there is a catch I haven't found it after using the two batteries in tandem after a year.

Oh, and the price has gone DOWN over the previous 12 months!