4.0 out of 5 stars better than hunters
Published on 17 April 2012 by Horsey cath

3.0 out of 5 stars Strange shape
Published on 7 Nov 2012 by Ladylil

4.0 out of 5 stars better than hunters, 17 April 2012
After wearing hunters for the past 20 years I noticed my last pair split differently to my wellies in the past and lasted me 2 months where i normally get 6 months before they start to go' I looked up reviews for hunters and noticed everyone else had the same problem and discovered they are now made in China with the same price tag but alot poorer quality. I decided to try Aigle instead, I've had them for 2 months now and so far so good. They aren't as comfortable at 1st as hunters but they are very soft, no sign of splitting and with a much thicker sole they are much warmer and have better grip on those cold frosty days. They definately get my vote!!!
I'm updating my review after having these wellies for over 4 months now. If I wasshed them they'd look as good as new, no sign of splitting, no discolouration and plenty of tread left on the sole. I wear my wellies every day for approx 5 hours a day for walking the dogs and doing the horses. I can't say enough how pleased I am with them after being so disappointed with my last pair of hunters. I shall definately buy another pair but going by the condition of these I should easily get a few more months out of them.

3.0 out of 5 stars Strange shape, 7 Nov 2012
I own a horse so a good pair of wellies are essential for me. I thought I'd give these a go as Aigle seem a reputable make and the reviews were good. I have very narrow calves (38cm) with size UK 7 feet so was encouraged to read that a couple of people struggled to fit their calves in them (most boots tend to have far too much of a gap around the top for me). The company website advises that they measure 39cm around the top so thought they would be perfect.

I ordered them in the Bronze colour which is a nice deep green. The boots seem sturdy and good quality, the feet come up on the small side and are quite fitted which means your feet shouldn't slop around too much and I do think they would be comfortable. However, the actual shape of the boot is quite odd. There is too much material around the ankle which looks strange against the small calf (calf seems almost smaller than the ankle! View the 5th picture an you'll see what I mean). Do not buy these unless you have very tiny calves.

A shame I have to return them as I think they would be great if it wasn't for the shape. I have since bought the Le Chameau vierzonord ladies and love them.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great fit, comfort and sole . . better than all before, 22 Sep 2012
J. Hill "SnappedStrings" (Cornwall, UK) - See all my reviews
I plumped for these as they appeared higher in the leg and to have a more cleat type sole for grip than my previous British boots. Also the plethora of negative reviews dissuaded me from my usual choice.
They arrived swiftly and double boxed with protective cardboard in the legs, I had chosen the Brun colour and it is a very stylish dark shade. The fit, with moleskins tucked in and thick Thorlo socks is excelent, having chosen my size 12, nice & snug, not tight at the top of the calf below the knee. I am 6'3" & 120k. There is a nice degree of flexibility around the ankle when running with my dog and no slip on greasy stile stones. The sole doesn't clog up with mud or stones like my previous boots, no leaks.
Ideal for our recurring wet summers and may also perform well in our winters or I may get the neoprene lined for winter time.
Highly recommended !

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Wellies!, 20 Nov 2012
Bought these to replace a pair of very well worn Aigle wellies that I bought years ago in France (were a lot cheaper then / there I seem to remember!). These seem just as good - still made in France - and very comfortable. If you like to wear thick socks I'd recommend buy a half size up as that's what I've done and fit is great. In my opinion far superior to Hunters - the last 2 pairs I had of those lasted no longer than 18 months before splitting across the sole.

4.0 out of 5 stars Shame About the size, 12 Dec 2011
Having had a pair of Aigle neoprene wellies in the past I thought I try the ordinary wellies. sadly the size of the opening around the calf was too tight and the item had to be returned.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Wellies!!!, 28 Dec 2012
Ms. J. F. Ricketts (London) - See all my reviews
Bought these Wellies for my mum for Christmas and she loves them. They are comfortable...my mum says she feels like she is walking on air when she wears them. The grip on the bottom is very good.

I would recommend getting a boot jack with these as they do mould to your feet and are hard to get off.

4.0 out of 5 stars Aigle boots, 31 Jan 2014
I chose these boots because my previous hunter boots split after about a year. I am size 39 which is UK6 but the size for these boots said 39/5.5 which was confusing. I was worried they may be too small but in fact they are too big. I like the boots and the soft material they are made from so I put a thick foam inner sole in them and now they fit well. The calf is fairly narrow so if you are not average size perhaps not for you. They also have a heel which I wasn't expecting but is fine.

5.0 out of 5 stars I love these wellies, 13 Oct 2013
They fit well I am a size 4 and can wear thick socks with enough room in calf (38cm) to wear over my trousers. Well made, a decent sole which has good grip and they are made from rubber in France. I also got them for a great price from Amazon. So well pleased.

5.0 out of 5 stars Aigle Quality Welly Boots, 12 Jun 2014
Bought these on Amazon some weeks ago but have only just got round to wearing them. Extremely comfortable and look good on. Nice fit and whilst there is room to tuck jeans into, they are not tight or sloppy.

Have 3 Dogs and live in a flat, therefore need to take my Dogs out at least 4 times daily. Lots of grass around our block of Flats that the Council have finally cut today after about three months. When my Seafarers got a hole in them i bought a cheap but waterproof pair of Dunlop's. Oh my feet!!! They did the job but were they HEAVY? So very,very heavy.

My new Aigle Boots are the opposite. Could not really afford them so used the credit card! Pleased that i did so!

4.0 out of 5 stars Great quality boot but too small, 3 Dec 2014
After reading the reviews and doing some research, I decided to buy this product. My husband ordered a pair too. However, the sizing for my size 6 feet puzzled me. Although it stated that I was buying a size 39, which should be a UK size 6, the UK size was given as 5.5. Size 6 didn't feature anywhere. Against my better judgment I ordered the 39. The boots were too small. I tried on my husband's size 7 and they were too big. My husband loves his new boots. Mine were returned. The boots are excellent quality and I would have liked a pair, but unless there is a size 39/UK6, then my search continues for an alternative wellington boot.