1 Review

1.0 out of 5 stars Very disappointing-too many functions; too little practicality, 6 Oct 2012
This review is from: Timex Global Trainer GPS Speed & Distance with Heart Rate (Sports)
I got this watch for a birthday present and, given my good experience with previous Timex watches, was looking forward to putting my old but trustworthy Garmin out to pasture.

I am very disappointed, however; its battery life is far too short so I found I was having to recharge it at least once a week. Its functionality is also far from intuitive, to the point of being quite illogical, so I was constantly having to refer to the manual to set it up. Its display is quite small and jumbled so I found it difficult to read on the run and/or correct any issues with satellites not locking, runs not saved, etc, particularly as the message disappears quite quickly.

The straw that broke my camel's back came when I went out and found it refusing to register any timing because the memory was full (after just 20 laps)!

It's a very clever (too clever?!) bit of technology but it's a slave to its cleverness hence the battery drain, inability to override options etc.

Will go back to the Garmin; it's a lot less hassle.......................

ARRAY(0xb46d93a8)