Format: Blu-ray|Change

on 12 October 2015
Follows on directly from Rec, you could watch them both as one long movie. I thought as sequels go it was really well done. Definitely worth a watch.
on 4 February 2011
More of the same- if you liked the first one you'll like this. Great fun for those of us who enjoy a few scares!
on 13 April 2012
I love the first one and this is like a chapter two to one film, as i've grown up with horror films they don't tend to effect me what so ever but part one and this film had me take notice. It will keep you at the edge all along the film and i feel i have to get my self ready before i start watching the films
on 28 January 2015
Good sequel!!! Just not scary enough better than the 3rd Rec movie. I am looking forward to Rec 4: Apocolypse. Blu-Ray is awesome on my HDTV.
on 29 October 2013
This film is a true macabre horror I just found it difficult to follow the plot but nasty surpirses abound in its many twists and turns.
on 10 December 2014
REC 1 and 2 are IMO the scariest movies ever made. Number 2 is the scarier. Great quality picture and sound from the bluwray.
* SCZF: Shaky-Cam-Zombie-Flick.

I think there's been more than enough of these movies to be honest. I didn't really rate the original Rec, which was hugely derivative (28 Blair Witch Days Later) and added little to the genre. I gave Rec2 a try only because it was on Sky last night, but I almost gave up after 45 minutes. All the zombie attacks are the same - a door is kicked open, a dark shape stands still for a second or two before screaming and leaping at the camera. If the first film was derivative, this pointless and dreary sequel employs blatant hat-tips to Aliens and The Exorcist just to add to all the other rip-offs. Instead of shooting them in the head, we now know holding a crucifix out and praying is a good way to stop these zombies. Was this sponsored by the Vatican?

Some clumsy attempts at humour didn't really work - the annoying kids with their blow-up doll and the ridiculous zombie bouncing off the walls with a fire-rocket stuck in its face just made me shake my head sadly in disbelief. Much of the action is farcically unbelievable and the rather cadaverous looking priest totally failed to convince.

Only plus points were a couple of striking scenes (the cadaver dropping through the ceiling was quite effective) and, thankfully, the shaky-cam effect was slightly more restrained and there was no irritating strobe-lighting sequence this time.

To those of you who really rated this movie highly I would say, just because it's in Spanish doesn't necessarily make it a 5-star movie! I suspect there's a bit of foreign language snobbery going on here. Come on, guys be honest! This is nowhere near as good as 28 Days Later is it?
55 comments|3 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 10 February 2015
Amazing film.A must see for any horror fan.You don't get many sequels as good as this!
on 2 February 2015
REC2 gives the story a new turn, making it the best of the saga
on 23 July 2015
Not as good as the first one, which was awesome