on 3 May 2011
Firstly, the product was delivered very quickly, even amongst the busy bank holiday/easter schedule!

As soon as you remove the case from its packaging, you are greeted with an overwhelming smell of cheap plastic/fake leather. I couldn't help but feel disappointed by the quality of materials used to make the case, as many reviews have made it out to be excellent, soft and high quality. I beg to differ, the quality reflects the price you pay for. The inner lining feels cheap and the 'leather' feels hard. The home button is also a little difficult to navigate as the flap obscures it a bit, but this is a minor gripe. When put in 'movie stand' mode, it does feel a little flimsy, but it works.

However, the keyboard stand is very good, it is solid and provides a good typing angle. The magnetic flap for auto switch on and off works extremely well. I am also very impressed at how the flap magnetically stays locked onto the case, so it will not fly about. Very good.

In terms of protection, the case fits snug inside and the ports are exposed nicely, so there is no problem reaching volume buttons etc. There is also decent drop protection and it feels very sturdy in your hands.

Overall, the LuvMac case is very decent. For this low price, it is without doubt excellent value. The features outweigh the quality concerns and should be on top of anyones list who are looking for an affordable case that performs very well.
on 27 April 2011
I ordered this cover for my iPad2 based on the review of others I read on this page. I ordered it during lunch break at work in anticipation for my iPad2 delivery. I took a risk in that I had 3 days left before I go on vacation outside of the UK. But you know what? It arrived in less than 36hrs and ahead of my iPad2!

When my iPad2 arrived, I found that EVERYTHING others wrote before me about this iPad cover/stand is TRUE. It's cheap, quality, functional and very good. Unless you just like to waste money just because you have nothing to do with it, you need no look further for expensive iPad2 cover/stand. Just add it to your cart and I bet you you will come back to write your review as well.
I was recommended to try this cover by an early-adopter of the iPad. He had bought the "swimming-pool" cover that Apple sells, but had discovered that it can easily be knocked off, and doesn't really offer the protection you need.

This case, by contrast, fits snugly round the iPad (an iPad 2 in my case), offering real protection. The cover folds right back (or can be tucked into a flap to make a stand) when you're using the iPad, and when it's closed over the screen, an embedded madnet makes the iPad sleep (this is configurable in the iPad settings).

Best of all, my son, who never uses covers on his portable gaming consoles, is completely happy to keep this cover on the iPad when he's using it: it wouldn't offer much protection if it wasn't being used, so this is rather good news.

All in all, a much better cover than the one Apple sells.
on 28 July 2014
Great product. I have been using the clipon type of cases for my ipad up until now, but constantly found the plastics becoming brittle or cracking. This is a secure case and is just the job for my tablet. The price cannot be argued with compared with the expensive ones that don't last that long. The reviews on here were the deciding factor for going for this particular case. I would highly recommend it to anyone looking for a neat, secure and durable case for their ipad.
on 7 May 2011
This is a really decent case for the money it asks. Although I don't think the cover is real leather, it is well made and doesn't let you with the impression of "cheap". Openings are where they are supposed to be and the ipad sits nicely protected in it. No more worries for scratches here! By flipping the cover backwards you can set your ipad either in a 70 degrees position to watch multimedia content or in a 20 degrees to type and use for productivity applications. Moreover it is relatively thin (the thickness of the ipad when seated in the case is about the size of my finger) adding up to the charms of Apple's new toy. Actually this was one of the main reasons that made me opt for this case compared to other more polished (and also more expensive) that seemed to add up too much in the final volume of the device. Overall: a decent case for a very fair price. Right now, I am happy with my purchase!
on 15 July 2011
After reading through the reviews I decided to purchase this case and have not been disappointed.

I think it is a much better equivalent to the Apple Smart Cover, which I also considered. The case holds the iPad very snuggly and protects it really well on most sides. You have full access to all of the iPad buttons - on/off, volume - and can charge it in the case. The sound is not affected. It performs as a stand very well too: the two angles available are pretty much perfect and I like the fact that at no point does the iPad come in contact with the surface.

Like others, I bought this case to fit inside the Belkin Pleated Sleeve (which it does just about!) and can now carry my iPad around safe in the knowledege that it is very well protected.

Would definitely recommend. I ordered mine from Laptop Kit and the delivery was very fast.
on 1 May 2011
the case is sturdy, it holds the ipad well. the slots for volume, camera, sound etc are good.
BUT the screen DOESNT lock when you close it (you have to do it manually) and after a couple of weeks of use the case started to get flimsy where it folded and collapsed more easily.

Good, but not truthful
55 comments|3 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 6 June 2011
The item was dispatched with lightning speed and i had it in my hands next day. When i unwrapped it i felt a little bit disappointed as the quality of leather wasn't great, it felt too hard and more like a cardboard than a soft leather case. However, it also keeps me comfortable in the thought of accidentally dropping my ipad as i think it looks quite protective. Using the case is just great. The ipad 2 fits in it perfectly, even with a clear hardcover case which i put on the back of it. Buttons are all easily accessible and speakers are free, therefore no interference. Its great value for money.
on 26 May 2011
So far this has turned out to be a very good quality product. It is very much as described, and adds to the safety and security of the ipad. Time will tell, how wear and tear will affect it especially on the vulnerable corners. Maybe some extra protection there would enhance the product even further. Strongly recommended.
on 25 April 2011
Recently bought this case mostly because it was cheaper than many others found and it had the magnetic closure for iPad 2. The product looked a bit flimsy when I first opened it, but with the iPad in it, this goes away. No further disappointments.
A few things that may be improved is the inclusion of some sort of hand-strap to firmly hold the case + iPad in one hand, and another way to 'lock' the flap to the back of the case (maybe also with magnets with switched polarity).