on 10 September 2010
The events of the book pick up mere minutes after PRAY FOR DAWN ended. Back in Mira's head, we meet Nick, Mira's true father. He demands that she breaks free of the hold that Danaus and Jabari have over her and in turn should learn to control them herself. If not he shall dispose of her as he did with his other children. Obviously there is more to him than meets the eye and I'm sure he'll make an appearance in the future books.
Before worrying about this though, Mira has to travel to Venice and officially claim her seat as an Elder. Later she's send to Budapest accompanied by Danaus, Valerio and Stefan to apparently help the city get rid of the Naturi. But nothing is as it should be in this old city. Everyone seems to be in alliance with another, directed by one powerful player.

Let me just say that I truely loved that book. Where the previous books were all somewhat the same and slow pacing at times, you hardly manage to catch your breath in this one and for once the Naturi only play a minor role in the whole story. Even though Rowe and his followers make an appearance, the main danger lies with the supernatural community of Budapest. Also this book is FINALLY making some progress with the Mira/Danaus relationship. I also loved the fact that there was so much of Valerio and Stefan in the story this time around. They're both interesting characters with Valerio always managing to lighten a situation.
Overall I have nothing to complain about in WAIT FOR DUSK. It's a clearly structered but twisted story, with lots of action, blood and gore and an awesome final as usual. Everyone gets the chance to vamp out a bit (hence the gore). There is suspense, betrayal and an unfortunate death. It's got everything I could wish for. Can't wait for the next one.
So, even if you weren't exactly overwhelmed by the last books you should definitively give this one a try.
on 9 June 2016
Absolutely loving these books the characters are building soundly .there are tense moments sad moments erotic scenes everything you want for a good read can't wait to read the rest if the seires
on 25 October 2010
I agree with the previous review. This book totally gripped me, Soo pleased with the progress with Danus! I was very confused with the last book being from his point of view and then switching to this one because I read it one after the other I had to remind myself that it was back to Mira. This book was by far amazing and I would love for there to be another one. Definitely give it a go!