on 15 January 2013
While the material is comfortable memory foam the thickness lets it down, the idea of a roll mat is to prevent heat escaping the body by way of the ground (where we lose most heat when camping). It is at most half a cm thick and gets smaller due to the memory foam. Also a major drawback is the width. As a medium built man my shoulders are wider than the roll mat making it impossible to keep my whole body from touching the floor.
on 2 September 2012
Bought for my daughter to go on Scout camp, easily torn trying to roll it out and didn't provide any comfort.
on 20 March 2015
I have had two of this type of roll mat and sadly both of them have broken from wear and tear after only one weekend of use. That being the case the price is very competitive although I rexcomed picking up a higher quality product for slightly more instead.
on 18 July 2014
This foam tears readily when used for the purpose intended ie. laying on, so it's of no use as a sleeping mat. It is also far too thin for this particular foam to provide any comfort. The supplier indicates that, because it is a "budget item", I shouldn't be surprised that I'm not satisfied with it.

I can think of no reason for anyone to buy sleeping mats just to bin them.
on 24 June 2014
after reading reviews for this , i thought id give this matt a try for my little 7 year old for a camping trip , yes ok , it was a little on the thin side, but it did the job , she brought it home after the weekend in 1 piece at least ! it wasnt a bad matt for the prince & id probley buy 1 again if i needed too.
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 16 November 2013
Old style foam roll mat, I am not actually using to sleep on but it was perfect for my purpose. If you are using for camping it is very narrow in width so I would suggest better for a child or petite lady. It rolls up very tightly though so good for saving space.
on 2 May 2014
Arrived quickly, very impressed. I'm sorry campers, I can't comment on its performance as a camping mat, I intend to use mine to go under an aquarium! I am still waiting for the stand it's going to go on, but if your tank needs a base mat, this stuff looks to be just the ticket.
on 18 May 2016
extremely useful for all sorts of applications
on 27 August 2013
I ordered this time to use for a 3 day festival because it was so cheap, it barely made it through the first night. The foam was so thin it was not comfortable at all, it bent out of shape because it was so flimsy, did not lie flat and dents did not come out. Even though it was cheap i certainly would not recommend.
on 26 April 2013
Thought I was ordering blue and grey (as the picture of the item being reviewed shows) 7mm foam from Homes and Gardens at 4.27 each. What arrived was yellow foam, 5mm thick at the most from someone called Price Attack at 4.49 each. No message was sent saying a substitute was being sent from another company which would give the option of refusal. I hadn't noticed the extra cost as I had ordered other goods from Amazon and just paid the bill. Not what I have ever experienced before from an Amazon purchase.

See one answered question