on 4 March 2012
The pill reminder works OK but the facilities are not suitable for all users. The controls are not complicated, but not simple either, so the timer needs to be used by a 'carer', even though the person taking the pills can deal with ordinary clocks etc.

One big failing is that the countdown timer does not work in conjunction with the normal clock timer.

But, for us, the need for a pill timer was not really fulfilled. Yes, the timer would go off a the appropriate time but if you did not hear it or were not in the same room, then there is no repeat alarm and so you forget to take the pill. (this is what we thought the countdown timer was for, or could be used for). Ideally, the alarm should repeat at say 5 minute intervals until cancelled.
on 1 September 2013
My wife has to take medication at fixed times throughout the day and, as our days are fairly active we often used to miss/forget. This timer is very easy to set and has five alarms. It is small enough for pocket or handbag and has a small, built in, rather fragile, plastic stand to keep it on a desk or bedside cabinet.
We leave the time settings the same from day to day but these can easily be changed if necessary. It displays the current time and has a timer too so great for boiling eggs!
on 11 December 2010
Ordered pill reminder and it arrived the next day. Easy to set time and alarms. Works really well, no problem if your out when alarm goes off as it switches itself off after 60 seconds and goes onto the next timer.
I would recommend this product to anyone who relies on medication.
on 17 May 2011
I got this pill reminder for my Mum recently to replace her old one that was only a basic countdown timer which had to be reset for the required amount of hours every time the alarm went off. This one is much better as you only have to set the alarm times once & just press any of the three buttons to stop the alarm sounding (or it will stop itself after 60 seconds). It has big numbers on the screen & a loud alarm, which my Mum finds helpful as she has to wear a hearing aid.

The pill reminder comes with easy to follow instructions on setting the time & alarm times. There is a small magnet on the back so it can be attached to a fridge door as it also doubles as a kitchen timer. There is also a stand attached to the back if you want it on a table or worktop.

Only drawback is there is nowhere to store your pills, although my Mum has a little pill box she puts hers in.

Would recommend.
on 15 April 2012
Looking at the other reviews I was slightly concerned to see that someone thought it was an expensive alarm clock and not fit for purpose but, as they didn't go on to say why and the other reviews were so positive, I thought I'd give it a try after forgetting to take tablets a couple of times. First thing to say is that I ordered it on Easter Monday and was warned that it could take up to four days to despatch but it was delivered first thing Wednesday morning which was a pleasant surprise.

The instructions are clearly written so setting the time, including a choice of 12 or 24 hour clock, and alarms was easy and it has worked perfectly ever since. I bought it to have an alarm sound at specific times through the day to remind me that I have tablets to take or need to eat and it does this faultlessly so, for me anyway, it's entirely fit for purpose.
on 7 October 2013
I bought this for my nan who has to take medications 4 or 5 times daily and always forgets. setting it was pretty straightforward (we did it for her) and she has been very happy with it since! Maybe doesn't ring quite as loudly as it could, but so far that hasn't seemed to be a problem.
on 24 April 2013
Brilliant little gadget. The batteries last what seems like for ever - several months, and it is so reliable. It has taken all the worry away from taking the medication I have to have daily. Well worth the money which was very little for a super product.
on 11 October 2012
Excellent product, description was correct, also neat and tidy, does just what I wanted, recommend to anyone looking for a device to remind them when it's time to take their medicine, thanks.
TOP 1000 REVIEWERon 2 December 2012
Bought this for my mother who is forgetting to take her ever more confusing array of medication on time if at all. At first glance I thought this would be ideal however supervision is still required. The alarm has three green operating buttons on the front and is not difficult to set (for me that is, my mother would have no chance). There are however decorative markings left and right on the front which are the same colour as the buttons. This is confusing for an old person because they look like buttons. WHY HAVE THEM?

The alarm pretty much does what it is supposed to do but sometimes the confusion which comes with old age makes it difficult to hear or get it confused with something else eg. the phone. Please do not walk away from the person you care for thinking job done, they will remember now because consistent and regular monitoring is essential.

In my situation this alarm is having limited success and I'm beginning to think that if you are able enough to operate and respond to it without help then you don't really need it in the first place.

Delivery was prompt
on 27 November 2012
Bought this for my wife. Wasn't sure what to write for review, when she suddenly said from the other room "I love that timer, I'd be lost without it, forgetting to take pills on time." Easy to set up and good alarm that makes sure you take notice.