5.0 out of 5 stars Oasis discovered
Published on 10 Aug. 2010 by Mr. B. H. E. Fuller

3.0 out of 5 stars Memory lane
Where is champagne Super Nova? Disappointed that this track was not included.

Brought back university memories of listening to OASIS
Published 11 months ago by Jane Austen

5.0 out of 5 stars Oasis discovered, 10 Aug. 2010
Mr. B. H. E. Fuller "Brian" (Kent,UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Time Flies... 1994-2009 (MP3 Download)
I was never really into Oasis at their peak, mainly because I didn't like the Liam Gallacher image. When I heard this album reviewed on the radio, I thought that I really ought to get it. Now I love it! I didn't realise how many of the tracks I knew, without being able to put a name to them. It's not Oasis re-discovered, it's Oasis discovered for the first time. Better late than never!. This is a "must buy", as it really represents an era, and as a bonus there are some great tunes!

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing!!!, 26 Aug. 2010
This review is from: Time Flies... 1994-2009 (Audio CD)
There're four medias: 2 CD's, exactly the same Time Flies 1994-2009 sold separatedly, with the 27 singles from Oasis. 1 DVD, exactly the same sold separatedly Oasis: Time Flies 1994-2009 [DVD], with 27 videos of singles in two ways, chronological release order or original order from Time Flies CD above, as a Oasis gig. This DVD has 9 music videos of musics that weren't released as singles or some of the singles in another version, as descibed above. All videos can be seen with release details and comments of composers (Noel and Liam). The latest media is another CD, contains the last live register of them, in London. 16 tracks. My only regret is that this CD has not the complete show. "Waiting for the Rapture", for example, is not listed. Great booklet and a beautiful clam card box. Inside, medias came in card sleeves. Sorry about my english. CHEERS!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars They really were a good singles band, 26 Jun. 2010
Mr. A. Whiteside "tonyjackie3" (uk) - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)
This review is from: Time Flies 1994-2009 (Audio CD)
OK, I admit that Oasis never really matched the excellence of their first two albums and they were influenced(ie: sounded like!!)a lot of other bands. But listening to this double CD made me realise that they produced some very good singles. It was 'Some Might Say' that first made me sit up and take notice because it reminded me of Slade which can only be a good thing. From then on there were a lot of singles I liked, some I wasn't keen on but by and large Oasis were a very good band.

I'm not mad on 'Roll With It' and 'Go Let It Out' and 'All Around The World' do go on a bit. But 'Live Forever', 'Supersonic', 'The Importance Of Being Idle', 'Whatever' and 'Falling Down' are excellent and capture the band at their peak. Yes, some of the lyrics are basic and don't even make sense but so what? It's the overall sound that matters and this band delivered some cracking songs.

If you can't stand Oasis then you won't buy this, it's as simple as that. But if you think that you have liked a few of their singles then you might well be surprised at how many more were better than you originally thought. I reckon that I like about 90% of the stuff on 'Time Flies 1994-2009' and that means that this is generally very good and worth five stars.

5.0 out of 5 stars best singles band never to be bettered!, 15 Jun. 2010
This review is from: Time Flies... 1994-2009 (Audio CD)
Oasis where the beatles of the Britpop era, their songs where easy to understand and tap you feet to , yet whilst not being an albums band and never to better their two defining albums "definitley maybe" and "whats the story? morning glory!" from the later albums they made upto dig your soul there was bound to be the a few singles that people will cherish the most which is evident on this lavish clamshell box set version of time flies by best of highlighting them as a great singles band that alongside the big breakfast and TFI Friday showed what made the 90's a memorable period.

its hard to say which disc is best but i say disc 1 contains their most memorable songs such as "supersonic", "roll with it", "live forever", "wonderwall" and "don't look back in anger".

Disc 2 may be less familiar but does hold some other great songs such as "Lyla", "d'you know what i mean", "the importance of being idle", which would have been better off on disc 1 but disc 3 in this limited box set version which is their final live performance before the gallaghers acrimonious split is like a greatest hits set with none of the filler that will probabley please some of the hard core of Oasis fans as this is a raw, overdub free performance of which we may never see or hear ever again? (watch this space...)

But the added bonus is the DVD of their promotional films which gives this boxset the 5th star whilst the packaging is spot on with the cd's in slip cases and a decent booklet which has a lot of fan tributes under the song titles highlighting their love for a band which other bands like the Kaiser chiefs and Kasabian will never wipe the floor with.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great purchase for any Oasis fan, but...., 19 July 2010
R. Hovey - See all my reviews
This review is from: Time Flies... 1994-2009 (Audio CD)
whats not mentioned is that the DVD is actually NTSC format and not PAL. This may be a problem for some peoples players!

5.0 out of 5 stars A Collection from one of the best Rock 'N' Roll groups in music history, 9 Jan. 2012
This review is from: Time Flies... 1994-2009 (Audio CD)
Before I bought this 'boxset', my knowledge of Oasis' music was fairly basic. Although when I bought this set, it was fairly over-priced (well over Amazon's £22, and for what you get that's an absolute steal), but I loved the songs I knew enough to want to get to know this band better. And, musically speaking, it was the best decision I ever made. Because my God, what a band. Not only did it make me go out and buy every Oasis album I could find, but their music opened my eyes and made me see life differently. Buying this edition of the Time Flies collection, you get 2 discs (each with 13 of their absolute best), one DVD which has 33 music videos and 3 live performances, as well as their last ever recorded live performance on a fourth disc. It's an investment into one of the greatest, if not THE, greatest Rock 'N' Roll bands in the world. Whether it be tortured hymns such as Wonderwall, Stop Crying Your Heart Out and I'm Outta Time, or rock anthems like Live Forever, The Shock Of The Lightning and Roll With It, this collection contains music which has defined a generation, which has lead the way for countless bands to come, as well as inspired, given hope to and sated that hunger for life so few are blessed to have. Anthems such as 'Cigarettes & Alcohol' are, to me as well as countless others, the very epitome of my youth, and what it means to be young, serving as a toast to youth and the youthful 'banter' we all love. Throughout their entire set of work, there has always been one that I particularly love, Live Forever. It reminds me to stop complaining, stop worrying, and just live life. It has a certain intellectual depth that is so moving, and so honest. Favorites for me would be the following: Supersonic, Live Forever, Wonderwall, Stop Crying Your Heart Out, Songbird, Don't Look Back In Anger, Some Might Say and I'm Outta time.
If you enjoy it, here are some other Oasis songs I love, which are either not included in this collection, only featured on the DVD, or only the live CD:
Rock 'N' Roll Star, Digsy's Dinner, Slide Away, Cast No Shadow, Morning Glory, Champagne Supernova, Don't Go Away, Where Did It All Go Wrong?, Acquiesce, Talk Tonight and The Masterplan.
All in all, Oasis isn't just a band, it's an attitude, it's a way of life. They mean everything, they bring out the rock 'n' roll star in all of us. As long as we have Oasis in our lives, we'll live forever.

5.0 out of 5 stars EXIST..., 14 July 2010
Michael C. Hall (Perth, Australia) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Time Flies... 1994-2009 (Audio CD)
Everyone knows Oasis - you may be the faction who recognizes Noel and the band as amongst the best guitar based song writers of the last 30 years or the other faction who just seem to think they're arrogant and loutish... When you look at these 2 groups of listeners you can't help but identify them as those who 'get it' and those who 'don't get it' - fair enough either way...

Ultimately an appraisal of this edition should be viewed skeptically, quite rightly, as I'm no doubt in awe of the music, but I swear by what I'm about the say: any preconceptions aside, when you sit down and listen to these discs, immerse yourself in the live show and the memories it'll evoke, and pop the videos on in the background while you're playing Scrabble at 3 a.m. on a Sunday morning, it really dawns on you that there was an incredible ability in these men that was shared with the world from the start of their career to the finish...

It may have been a mixture of many things over that time that produced this incomparable body of work; whether it is the pain in Liam's voice holding up by the brilliance in the songs formations - the stone gathered moss under the duress of whatever changing relationships permeated the individuals over the 15 years...

It may very well have hurt or scarred them along the way, but I dare say they wouldn't trade it for anything, this music is the definition of modern classic...

...and quite selfishly I don't think I would trade it either, because in 2010 this stands unequalled...

Diamonds.

5.0 out of 5 stars Grab one while you can!, 6 July 2010
DJ Control (Australia) - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)
This review is from: Time Flies... 1994-2009 (Audio CD)
The very limited edition of "Time Flies" has thankfully just been given a local release here in Oz. It comes in a clam shell style box with each of the four discs given their own individual card sleeve and a high quality booklet with info/comments on the contents of the audio discs.

Cd one and two are the same as the standard release. The third disc is a dvd with all the promo clips and some nice extras. Disc four,which is the real bonus of this box set,is a live concert recorded for iTunes in 2009. It is very rare for iTunes exclusive recordings to get a physical disc release so this is most welcome for any Oasis fan. It is also one of the last recordings made by the band who were just starting to hit their straps again as is evident by the performance on this bonus disc.

This four disc set is how all singles/best of/greatest hits compilations should be packaged. If more releases were given this sort of treatment the future of music would be in safe hands. It would get my money instead of a digital download every-time. Case in point,the sticker price is A$45 for this brilliant package. iTunes Australia want A$40 for the same contents minus the nice packaging. But you'll have to either own a portable device with major storage capacity or burn it on to disc yourself. It's a no brainer really. If you can find a physical copy of this box set buy one and Bag it up!

5.0 out of 5 stars Era defining Rock n Roll, 8 April 2013
This review is from: Time Flies... 1994-2009 (Audio CD)
Whats not to like about this collection of singles from one of the best bands Britain has produced. Fair do's the latter stuff aint as potent as the early stuff but thats cos the bar was set so high. Personally am a big fan of it all but I grew up with this era defining band an I can relate each single to a part of my life. Anyway I woulda thought most people know the history of Oasis an probably know the majority of these tunes so i'll just say why i believe this set is worth buying even if you own all their singles as I do. Firstly there's a live cd of their gig at the Roundhouse in Camden from 2009 (not the full set but a Greatest Hits of sorts) Secondly there is a dvd that contains the videos of all 27 singles plus an extra 9 videos of tracks not released as singles in the UK. I believe this is worth the 20 quid or so alone. One glaring omission is 'Sunday Morning Call' but buy the single cos you get the b-side 'Carry Us All' which is great. As any Oasis fan will tell you most b-sides could've easily been a-sides. So yeh 'Time Flies' when yer having fun!

4.0 out of 5 stars Not even a best of..., 25 Jan. 2011
This review is from: Time Flies 1994-2009 (Audio CD)
If you love Oasis, you already have all these songs - not only on the albums they were released on, but probably the singles too.

If you hate Oasis, you're never going to buy this album no matter how many people review it positively.

If you've never heard of Oasis then you're like I was in the late 90s when I bought the Stone Roses' best of...completely oblivious to a phenomenon that slightly preceded me. I can't tell you you'll love this compilation, hate it, or merely think it's average. Musical taste, after all, is incredibly personal. What I will say is if you're a fan of guitar music and a fan of well crafted songs (say all you will about Noel's penchant for 'borrowing' a tune) then it's worth the [...] to check this out. You might hate it; you might end up falling in love with the music that inspired a whole generation and still rings true 15 years later.

If you're completely new to Oasis, maybe you're not imprisoned by nostalgia, maybe with the weight of expectation lifted you see excellent songs like Little By Little and Falling Down in their own right, not compared with their illustrious older brothers. For these are excellent songs, and whatever you say about the band, it is surely a short-sighted or biased person who labels Noel Gallagher a bad songwriter - like the Beatles you only have to look at the quality of the songs that were deemed not good enough to make this album.