Format: MP3 Download|Change
Price:£5.99

on 16 June 2010
I think the previous reviewer had it half right, this is an effertless album but in no way lazy! And I believe by the end of summer he/she will love this album like a close friend. Skye is back and thank god, I stopped really paying attention to Morcheeba after she left. I gave their new albums a go but nothing grabbed me. As soon as you put this new album on, it all falls into place. Who Can You Trust and Big Calm were the bands best albums and this is like a homage back to that time and those sounds and its just delicious. I don't find it lazy and if it is who cares because it sounds so lovely. Of course if you want to hear Skye on a more experimental album try her last solo album Kepping Secrets, easily one of the best albums released in the past year or so. The criminal thing is that album was only released on I-Tunes but hopefully with the release and success of this album we will see Skye's solo album realeased on Cd soon also!
on 26 July 2011
Morcheeba have released seven albums now. "Blood Like Lemonade" sees the return of the bands' original vocalist Skye who contributes greatly to their sound. After a dispute between members, she was absent from the past two recordings. She was evidently missed as their trademark sound is now back.

This release is good, although possibly not as strong as their first two albums "Who Can You Trust" and the critically acclaimed "Big Calm". There are plenty of catchy tunes such as "Even Though" and "Blood Like Lemonade", the later being reminiscent of "Part Of The Process". "I Am A Spring" shows a softer side to Skye's instantly recognisable and unique vocals. "Self Made Man" is very smooth and slick and the final track "Beat Of The Drum" is a great song to end this accomplished ten track offering.

The only critisism I can find with this album is that the two instrumental tracks "Mandala" and "Cut To The Bass" are a cut below the rest, being quite repetitive and predictable. But that does not take away the fact that "Blood Like Lemonade" is a classy affair.
on 11 March 2015
Great CD, deserves a wider audience. Skye Edwards has a sublime voice and the music is beautiful. Not a dud track on it. Also a favourite of my ten year old daughter at the moment; it must be good to pass the young persons whistle test!
on 17 May 2014
Any Morcheeba album with Skye Edwards in lead vocals sounds great to me. Really enjoyed the whole album, I cannot identify any particular stand-out tracks. Too busy chillin' :-)
on 23 August 2013
Much on a par withWho Can You Trust, this album continues the chill-out mood with a collection of dreamy, if unmemorable, ditties. If chill out and relax is what you are after, then you cannot go wrong with this.
on 5 August 2015
Excellent album. Morcheeba back to their best!
Skye is back with the Godfreys after several years of separation. The result is "Blood like Lemonade:" accomplished, enjoyable, full of essential Morcheeba character; chilled-out music for any occasion, ideal for the early hours or a lazy summer afternoon.

BLL lacks the experimental curiosities which characterised the excellent "Dive Deep" with its eclectic mix of vocalists. However, this new album is a more even, unified listening experience and a further reminder of just how well Skye's soulful melodic voice compliments the Godfreys' quirky creative compositions to produce the quintessential Morcheeba sound. Two tracks are instrumental, the remaining eight carry Skye's vocals.

If you're already a Morcheeba fan, you'll probably like this collection. The tracks (compared to DD) flow effortlessly though the album which contains few surprises but is really good and returns to the core of what this great Brit-pop trio does best. It seems Blood is not only thicker than water, but thicker than lemonade too.
on 26 June 2010
I came across Morcheeba several years ago by chance and have loved them ever since. Anytime I feel I needed to chillout and relax , the calming acoustics and Skye's soulful voice fitted the bill completely and as such became a must-have on my MP3 player for lying about and sunbathing on the beach. I was devastated therefore when Skye departed - holidays will never be the same I thought. So you can imagine my delight when I discovered she's back and they have released a new album.

It's classic Morcheeba - yet different.....in a BRILLIANT way.....

I loooove it......

It's already downloaded onto my MP3 player - so roll on the holiday.

Buy it - tune in - and chill out
on 18 July 2010
Morcheeba have written some great tunes and for me, are the ideal summer soundtrack. Their last 2 albums, whilst not as good as Big Calm or Charango were quite impressive and still have the chilled vibe. But, this album is a real return to their greatest work and I think a lot of it is down to Skye. If she sang the ingredients of a pot noodle, she would sound sexy. This album is perfect for long hot days by the pool and that is exactly how it should be. Cheers Morcheeba.
on 24 February 2013
really great album. although a long gap since the last Morcheeba album there's a obvious lineage; the same laid back layered sound with real attention to detail - brilliant stuff. Interestingly Syke's still brilliant voice seems to have a touch of the Kate Bush about it - maybe my imagination.
There are some terrific songs with some quite darkly humorous lyrics making strange comments on modern life - buy it!!!