Format: Audio Download|Change
Price:£1.74

on 29 February 2008
I read this to my children in an Australian accent, and they roll around laughing. I think they are partly laughing at how bad my accent is, but the book is endearing and very funny with the most appealing illustrations. It's wonderfully simple and a delight to all my children aged 2,4 6 and 8.
They also love Josephine Loves to Dance by the same author and illustrator, but it doesn't have the same magical simplicity.
There is one problem, they now all want a wombat for a pet, and having read the story, I KNOW that we don't!
on 22 February 2013
A simple lay out for children to follow
my class enjoyed the story
i would recommend the book - can be used for lots of lessons
on 23 March 2011
This is a wonderful children's book about a very naughty Wombat, very clever, beautifully written and illustrated and you can just feel the adults pain due to the grief the wombat is causing them. One one thing to bear in mind, my 2 1/2 year old thinks "that wombat is too naughty" so doesn't want it read to her that often, although I think as she becomes older and 'gets' the story more she will enjoy it.
on 11 October 2011
I went to a 21st birthday party where we all brought along a picture book to read to everyone (in the idea of 21 being the year where we say goodbye to our childhood years). This book had everyone on the ground with laughter. Wonderful illustrations, and well written, and so enjoyable! I bought boardbook copy for my nephew because I enjoy it so much. Brilliant.
on 1 July 2004
We came across this book in a market in Sydney and fell in love with it instantly. The drawings are wonderful, perfectly visualising the story and gorgeous at the same time. The story is simple yet fun, appealing both to children and to the adult in them.
I'm sure this will go down a hit with all children everywhere and with adults reading to them, so, go buy this book straight away, it's the best!
on 12 December 2015
Great book, especially for introducing the concept of a diary. Wombat doesn't do a lot, except eat carrots and dig up the flowerbeds, but you need lots of inference skills around reading the picture and the underlying meaning of the simple words to find this funny. There's also a Christmas Wombat book!
on 24 June 2013
A friend recommended this to us and we have bought it to read with our baby daughter. The pictures and gentle humour are lovely, and wombats are intrinsically appealing beasts. We've gone on to buy it for friends too, and word of mouth success is often a good indicator for this sort of thing.
on 8 April 2008
Never mind giving this book to children! I love it, it makes me smile every time I read it. I bought it for a friend who loves it too and it seems to be very popular because the shops never have it in for me to buy myself a copy (hurrah for amazon!!). delightful, charming, perfect.
on 5 February 2014
I sent for this book but it didn't arrive.I complained and a book was sent to me.I was billed for this even though I had not requested the book, I had complained.
So....I have paid. Twice.... Not very satisfactory.... But the book is lovely
on 16 August 2011
I love this book the illustrations a lovely and the story clever, not sure my 2 year old really gets it but think it's really important that a board book appeal to parents and we're the one's who have to read it 7 thousand times.