4.0 out of 5 stars A great outdoor speaker
Published on 3 July 2010 by Julia Fuller

2.0 out of 5 stars Does not quite deliver where it counts!
The speakers look good, feel robust and (without having put to the test) suggest could deal with a slight splash of water if caught by the rain.

But . . . they just don't sound too good!

I was not expecting super HiFi and I appreciate all other reviews here seemed happy.

For me, even at close range to the transmitter, they lacked enough...
Published on 23 May 2011 by Thirdrael

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

4.0 out of 5 stars A great outdoor speaker, 3 July 2010
This review is from: Indoor/Outdoor Wireless Speakers - Piano Black (Electronics)
I bought these for use in the garden and am very pleased with the result. I've yet to find out how long the batteries last in the speakers (I didn't want to have to plug them in, otherwise I'd need three sockets - one for the transformer and one for each speaker). They sound good and there's minimal interference (although I have experienced a tiny bit - particularly if they're up close to metal objects. I would recommend them.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic, 10 Sep 2010
I bought these speakers to plug into the back of my sky box so as to listen to Radio 4 around the house and minimise my internet download. (We live in Luxembourg so my DAB radios don't pick up R4!).

The speakers work a treat from the top of my 3 storey house to the bottom of the cellar. We have a separate speakers in different rooms (who needs stereo for talk radio?). they are stylish and sleek and with the option of battery or mains, highly portable. I have yet to find the limit of their range. Highly recommended.

4.0 out of 5 stars good speakers - could have been better, 15 Mar 2011
Kate "Kate" (Birmingham, UK) - See all my reviews
I wanted a pair of speakers for my computer (to put them in my living room and not have to see cables running everywhere). I bought these and they work fine: good range transmission, no background noise so far and small enough to be hidden easily away (about 18cm tall and 12cm wide).

However, what really irritates me is that every time you switch them off (there is an on/off switch) - they go back to zero volume level, which means that you have to reconfigure them every time you turn them back on. And since there is no indication of volume level in each speaker, it does take a bit of effort to equalise the volume level in the two speakers. Now this is something that could have easily been avoided - and it should have, if you expect people to pay £80 for these.

Other than that, happy :)

5.0 out of 5 stars work very well, 20 Dec 2010
These are well made and work very well. Instructions are good and i found them easy to set up.

I use these on the mains adaptors (supplied) in our conservatory where we have our treadmill.
That way i can see the telly across in the lounge and have the sound besides me when i'm exercising in the conservatory.

Shame these don't come with a remote control; but don't let that detract you from a quality set of speakers...

I use the telly / sky remote instead as the transmitter is connected to the headphones jack behind the telly...

Equally pleasing was the excellent packaging they arrived in and the fact that they were sent so speedily ( sent same day and recieved next day inspite of christmas and snow mayhem... :-) )

2.0 out of 5 stars Does not quite deliver where it counts!, 23 May 2011

But . . . they just don't sound too good!

For me, even at close range to the transmitter, they lacked enough clarity and are desperately wanting on a bit of bass.

Am I being too demanding for wireless speakers at this price point?
I suggest not given experience of this kit that I was replacing: Oregon Scientific WRS368 Wireless Transmitter
This single speaker offering from Oregon Scientific was outstanding. Very sadly died after several years great service and no longer available in the UK.

Features the Oregon kit had also highlighted other limitations of the "Indoor/Outdoor Wireless Speakers - Piano Black" such as:
- Only one input device (so OK for occasional use but limited use as a more permanent inter room solution).
- Both speakers require 6x AA batteries each!

Overall OK, but I will be keeping eyes peeled for something that delivers better sound quality to come to UK market and buy them.

P.S. One thing I forgot to mention on first review - each speaker has in independent volume control with no visible indicator. Absolutely ridiculous if you are trying to deliver simple stereo sound - every time I want to adjust volume I have to resort to counting button presses on each to maintain equilibrium - very annoying!!!!

4.0 out of 5 stars Patio speakers, 3 July 2010
C. Scriven (York, UK) - See all my reviews
Very excited when I ordered this product, works fantastically well inside. However my primary reason for buying it was to use them outside on my patio and there is an unacceptable amount of interference on occasion. I was in two minds about returning them however this fault may be due to the fact that we have an old house with nine inch solid walls. Is there any way of improving this situation? Overall when it does work, it is a fantastic product.

5.0 out of 5 stars Just the job, 14 Aug 2011
Bought these for a barbecue so I could have music at the bottom of the garden as well as from the existing wired set up near the house. Sound was good and they had no problem picking up the signal despite the transmitter being three rooms and the length of the garden away from them, even with around 50 people in the garden there was no loss of signal or quality. I'm very pleased. They were powered throughout the evening by batteries , and lost power around 2.30 a.m. - having been in use since 6p.m. - which was probably just as well for the neighbours!

4.0 out of 5 stars Really good! Very stylish, 11 Oct 2011
These nifty little speakers are very practical in a big household that likes the same music.

They look like what can only be described as little black R2D2s and sound good, especially if one is after the closest thing to a surround sound system when watching a movie. They can be plugged in to save energy but if used on the wireless, they must have 6x AA batteries.

They can get quite loud - not incredibly so, but at a very good volume indeed.

The only thing I have against it is their lacking in bass. For someone who likes bass in music, they are a little disappointing as they don't really have that as an option.

Besides that detail, I have already used them when my partner was cleaning the living room and I was cleaning the bathroom. We each had a speaker in our respective cleaning areas and enjoyed them very much (especially because our taste in music is very similar). You cannot plug each speaker to a different source however so beware to those who don't enjoy the same music but wish to have these speakers in different parts of the house.

5.0 out of 5 stars Indoor outdoor speakers, 30 May 2011
I. M. Hay (UK) - See all my reviews
These are excellent, they work anywhere and have an excellent range. They work from anything with an audio outlet socket and you can operate several sets of speakers from the same system.

I have used them in the garden and have also used them for some training presentations and they are simple and easy to set up and work every time without any problem.

An excellent product. They also look pretty good.

2.0 out of 5 stars Not worth the money, 11 Sep 2012
These are clever little speakers and, for about £25-30, I would have been happy with them. £75?! Not a chance. They feel cheap when you take them out of the box, like a pair of Darth Vader money boxes and they have absolutely zero bass to them. The wireless works ok, but at a range of about 10m they were starting to get interference.

I am not a geek about sound quality, but this is way below what I am willing to accept at this kind of price point, so they are being sent back.

Good seller though. They arrived promptly and in good condition.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›