on 25 February 2013
Had high hopes for this cable as a replacement for the one I currently use. It looks much better constructed and it's extra length would hopefully give me the range to move the router to enhance the wi-fi range, and perhaps even increase download speeds.

However I was surprised to see the download speed drop to 5-6Mbps from the +10Mbps I was getting from the previous cable which looks thin and cheap. Upon closer examination I discovered that the previous cable, barely 1metre, had only 2 pins on the plug that made contact at the sockets, whereas this has 5 (explains the thickness).

On older BT sockets like mine it could be a disadvantage to have all five pins connected in terms of speed. So perhaps more is not better. I can't quibble at this price and will keep it for a phone extension if required.
on 18 April 2011
A sensible, technically supportable piece of technology.

This cable uses twisted pairs, thus maintaining the cancellation of magnetic pickup right to the termination point. Much more sensible than the flat ribbon cables that are generally used. Also at a rational price point. There's no point in paying more (five or more times more for some products - hang your heads in shame) because apart from using twisted pairs there's not advantage at all to be had by adding a couple of metres of gold plated wire or any other sort of snake oil to the end of a couple of kilometres of ordinary telephone wire.

Get this one, and save your money.
on 26 April 2014
I wanted a longer cable to connect my ADSL router to the phone socket and I thought this would be a bit better quality than the usual 1.5M or 2M flat profile cables supplied. It does the job and is well enough made, but I think it just uses a circular cross section cable cover round the wires and is probably not significantly better. I don't think it is screened, but that may not make any difference.
on 3 April 2014
The existing cable was bit to short for the new study set up. So because it only needed that metre extra I was confident

there would be somebody offering the correct thing without throwing the old away. And as anticipated we got a metre

length to extend the old wire .Sorted.
on 14 July 2013
average delivery time faulty cable not working complete waste of my time and money not sure whether its worth more of my time returning it
on 1 August 2013
Am order the rj 11 for my friends within the old cable they having trouble with sky. With this rj11 you all most feel the fiber optic broadband but is not the fiber optic. They got the adsl basic sky broadband is wonderful cable I recommend to everyone
on 19 December 2014
Made a huge difference to my incoming signal strength
on 4 August 2014
gave me a big increase in speed 10/10
on 30 September 2015
nothing wrong with cable I did not note that it was RJ11 it was RJ45 that I needed. At such a low price it was not worth returning. I may use in future
on 17 March 2013
serves the modem adequately, broadband speeds 15mbs,( my broadband is not a fibre optic), cable length ample to connect to my modem where it was sited.

See one answered question