4.0 out of 5 stars Great for the price., 18 Oct. 2012
This review is from: Kids Line Metro Combi Wardrobe (Chocolate) (Baby Product)
We ordered this wardrobe, along with the matching chest of drawers, for what will be the nursery when our baby arrives in three months time. We got it on special offer and paid only £311. This was MUCH cheaper than on other websites. The wardrobe arrives ready assembled, which is very convenient. However, I did feel sorry for the two delivery men as they carried it up the stairs to our first floor flat. They struggled to get it round the corners on the stairs, even though they're not narrow. So like the other reviewer, I would recommend caution to buyers who will have to carry it upstairs.

The wood is lovely, good quality and very solid. There is nothing flimsy about this piece of furniture! It's very heavy and comes with an attachment to fix it to the wall, although it doesn't feel as though it could be pulled over due to its considerable weight.

There were no photos on Amazon showing the interior of the wardrobe, which would have been helpful. There is a hanging rail at the top, made of the same wood as the wardrobe which is nice. There are also two shelves. The top shelf sits quite closely under the rail so that the baby clothes can't hang freely, but there are pre-screwed holes to adjust the height of the shelves, although we haven't tried to do this yet. The drawers are on runners and work very smoothly.

I knocked off one star because the hanging rail in our wardrobe is wonky. It is on a noticeable slant, as the attachment on the right has been fixed about an inch and a half higher than the other. Also there is a tiny dent mark on the wood on the front of the door where it looks as though it's been knocked, but you really have to look to notice it. And considering the price we paid, I'm not too bothered about these minor negatives. All in all, very pleased.

4.0 out of 5 stars Lovely but be warned!!!!!!!!, 16 Aug. 2012
This review is from: Kids Line Metro Combi Wardrobe (Chocolate) (Baby Product)
This item is made from excellent quality wood. However, the delivery men would not take it up to the baby's room for me when it was delivered and I had to wait a week for my friends to be able to get it up the stairs for me. I am very lucky that I know a very strong man who was able to get it up there (not sure what I would have done without him). I had to remove the doors and the draws to make it light enough even for him and my cousin!
In addition to this, it came pre-assembled BUT the doors were not on properly and although my friend has now adjusted them they still need looking at, as the right door still does not close properly. We are considering buying new hinges and as the wood is so very heavy, I would imagine it will be a challenge to replace them.
To sum up, if you are a single mum with no help do not buy this product. If you're lucky (like me) and have a husband and people to help that are good with DIY and are very strong, go for it. It's worth the hassle if you can iron out the glitches!

Kids Line Metro Combi Wardrobe (Chocolate)