Price:£10.48+ Free shipping

on 15 April 2015
I am truly amazed by this product. I read the good reviews with some scepticism as I am very "hands on" - lots of washing, peeling, gardening, DIY, and I have never had nail polish look good for longer than a day. I am currently on day 4 of my nails with the Orly base coat and pink polish, and they still look perfect!! I think me and Orly are friends for life!
on 28 January 2015
This is a GOD SEND! My nail polish lasts at LEAST a week without chipping or peeling, when previously they would last a day at most with other "normal" base coats. It's a good consistency, dries quickly and leaves no mess. Nail polish just seems to cling on to it for dear life. If you want long lasting manicures, I'd say grab yourself a bottle and GET A PAINTIN'!
on 24 August 2010
I wondered if this would be as good as it claims. I thought it might be a bit sticky since the details said it was a rubberised base coat but it isn't. My polish lasted about an extra three days even though I'd been doing a lot of housework. (Poor me!) I'd really recommend it.
on 18 January 2011
I must have tried most of the popular base coats on the market and each one has disappointed. Even matching the make of base to the varnish itself hasn't seemed to make much difference. This was recommended in a magazine so being ever the optimist I decided to try again...
The item arrived the next day, Saturday, even though I don't use Prime. (Impressed!) I used this base then two coats of OPI and a Sally's quick dry top coat that I always use. The only non-consistent in my usual routine being the Orly base coat. Three days on, Tuesday, and there are just a couple of almost imperceptible edge chips on my right hand (I am right handed). I'm not a rubber glove wearer and normal day to day chores included an oven top clean on Sunday morning. Normally, by this stage, half my nails would be naked!
I am surprised to find myself saying I'm *very* pleased with the result.
on 23 September 2013
After months spent searching for a good base coat, I am thrilled to say that this ticks all the boxes. After a week I only had minimal chipping - not bad considering I spend 8 hours a day typing. Usually after two of three days my polish looks terrible, but not which this. I love it!
on 11 April 2013
I bought this following several recommendations on beauty blogs I follow.

The main downside of this basecoat is that it does not protect against staining. If you are using a neutral colour, you can get away with just using the Orly, otherwise you do need to put a different basecoat on top. I forgot to do this before using a yellow nail polish a couple of weeks ago and have paid the price.

It also takes a while to dry, when compared to other basecoats: about 4 minutes. This isn't a problem for me, as I tend to manicure while watching TV, but not a product for when you're short on time.

However, this is outweighed by the extra staying power provided. When I use a normal-style, good quality basecoat (eg Nails Inc or OPI), I get 3-4 days without chips. Orly adds an extra 2-3 days to this.

If I use the 'sticky sandwich manicure' technique (Google it, nothing dodgy will come up!), I've had manicures last ten days.
on 6 June 2014
This made my polish last for almost a week! That has never happened before! I think the only reason why it didnt lasted longer is because my top coat was of another brand and quote old (and thick). I suspect it will last even longer with the Orly "wont chip" top coat which Ive now also purchased.

Will def buy again
on 10 August 2013
I bought this after reading an article about how people with oily skin or hair can often have an oily nail base meaning that nail varnish doesn't stay on very long. The article recommended this product. Previously varnish would chip off after a day or two but since using the base coat it lasts at least a week. Easy to apply and dries very quickly.
VINE VOICEon 4 February 2016
It really works! As in, I apply it before I apply my nail varnish on, and I have gotten five days worth of wear already - and this is with doing housework (cleaning, cooking) and having hands in water. The only drawback is that it doesn't seem to protect the nails from staining (with dark polish), which is annoying.
on 6 May 2015
Not as good as I thought it would be. Despite using this and a top coat of the same make I have found that nail varnish does not last as long as the OPI base and top coat that I also use. It's okay but was hoping (having read other reviews) that it would last a lot longer - varnish starts chipping off after 3 days. Will stick to the OPI which I have found to be much better.

See one answered question