Format: Audio CD|Change

on 21 June 2010
This album is absolutely AMAZING!!! I've been waiting eagerly for it to be released and was expecting it to be good, but it is far better than that, it is feel good fantastic!! I popped it on in the car on the way to work this morning and had it blasting out at full volume, and couldn't help but want to sing along. Music has the power to make you feel great, and this album delivers 110%! Got to be the best antidote to the Monday morning blues ever!! I can't wait for Vol.2!!!
33 comments|38 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 23 June 2010
I don't cry easily, but 'Something Inside So Strong' had me in floods! So beuatiful and inspirational! Well done to all involved! I love it!
on 5 July 2010
To all hairbrush stars - this is the one! All fabulous songs you can sing along to and feel really great at the end. Next one please.
on 26 July 2010
I'm disappointed by this - I love and sing in choirs but to me this is an album of soloists with a LOT of backing singers. If it's all about the choir surely they should have the starring role? For example, Something Inside is lovely but I've sung that arrangement before with the altos on the melody, so I'm not sure why it couldn't be kept as a choral piece rather than a solo.

Walking on Broken Glass is a highlight - a really original arrangement - but others, like Joyful Joyful which is the arrangement from Sister Act II, lack the same originality.

Overall the music is enjoyable but I want to hear more of the actual choir.
55 comments|22 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 5 July 2010
Was told about this album by a work collegue who is a member of the Rock Choir. Have now listened to it several times and it is one of the best albums I have heard. It is brilliant in the car and a real sing a long and makes you feel really good. Great choice of tracks something for everyone.
on 21 June 2010
Wow, what a brilliant album. I got mine today - and after listening to it, immediately went and bought another one as a birthday gift for a friend. Saw the performance at Dorking on Saturday - which was amazing. Buy it - but be warned you'll be singing along in no time and looking to see (as I did) if there's a Rock Choir near you!!
on 5 July 2010
This was great mind you i am biased a bit cos my daughter is singing on the album but it was wonderful Carry on the good work
on 8 July 2010
.........too long for Volume 2. What a simply brilliant feel good album (and I am not a RC member, although I will admit to seeing them at Wokingham Christmas Fayre and at Reading Concert Hall). Looking forward to the next one which I hope will be the same mix of Motown Pop and Gospel (please no slushy Christmas carols/songs!). Enjoy!
on 7 July 2013
Having joined Rock Choir this year and having had amazing experiences myself with them, this was a must. The whole recording is full of great tunes sung beautifully. I admire Caroline Lusher-Redmond and her team.
on 5 July 2010
This album is awesome! It has such a powerful emotional energy. And 'Something inside..' gives me goose bumbs and shivers. After playing this album, it feels like your soul is smiling inside. You can hear the passion and pride in their voices. Can't wait for Rock Choir Vol.2!!!!