Fierce Disco Iv
Format: Audio CDChange
Price:£11.27+Free shipping with Amazon Prime

on 13 August 2010
Fierce Disco IV is, as usual, full of outstanding music selected with a lot of taste.
Don't pay attention to the negative reviews, they are suspicious as there is nothing better than Fierce Ange'sl 12 inch mix CDs. Some people are trying to choke Mark Doyle out of jealousy it seems, they can't stop his talent though.
If you like house music or happen to DJ for fun or living, you can miss this new iteration of Fierce Disco.
Keep it up Mark Doyle and thank you for your tenacity!
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on 9 July 2010
I am and have been a house music fan for 20 years now and I have to say I have also been a fan of Mark Doyle's efforts in the past. But the more recent fierce releases are heading in ever more pop like direction (which this album happens to sum up best)! CD's 1 & 2 are absolute house drivel, with only CD3 showing some signs of promise! Nearly all the tracks lack any imagination (using the stock house drum and hats sequence circa the 90's) and quite often sounding like a working mans club singer over a keyboard demo!

I thought it might just have been myself so I enlisted some friends to give the album a quick spin. Unfortunately they shared the same opinion! The production seems poor, the CDs are very bass light and the vocals are very prominent in the mix. I also have to say I don't much like many of the tracks which seem to be increasingly sourced solely from the fierce umbrella, they seem to have no soul! Some how this label has gone from being a shining beacon for fine house music to actually demonstrating what many people can't stand about electronic music!

This is a real shame as I would count some of the prior fierce albums within my favorite CDs. I hope this is just a minor blip as the fierce label is finding its production feet.
11 commentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on 6 February 2013
What can I say - I think this is another cracking selection of tracks from the Fierce Angel crew. Perfect for listening too before a night out
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...