5.0 out of 5 stars First class slippers
I've been wearing slippers for 40 odd years now and had every type imaginable. Spiderman and Superman in the early days of my slipper wearing life, moving as an adult onto those massive ones that you break your neck going up the stairs in, you know - they look like you've got a pair of tigers or Homer Simpsons on your feet.

I've been wearing these Emu...
Published 1 month ago by KM

3.0 out of 5 stars not made in australia.
Emu's I had been informed were the original Australian ugly boot made with the finest sheeps wool. Turns out these are made in China and the linings in mine have already worn out.
Published on 21 July 2012 by Mr. Malcolm Crawford

5.0 out of 5 stars First class slippers, 31 Oct 2014
KM (Liverpool) - See all my reviews
(No. 1 Hall OF FAME REVIEWER)    (TOP 10 REVIEWER)

I've been wearing these Emu Buckingham ones for some months now and here's my take on them.

Emu are one seriously well made slipper. The quality of these is absolutely outstanding. The sheepskin leather is flawless, the edges are stitched extremely well and the TPR soles are seamlessly attached (glued?) onto the upper. The Shearling (freshly sheared sheep wool) lined insides is thick and very warm/comfortable indeed. As a few have mentioned - I would recommend wearing thin socks with these as they are that thick inside it can feel a tad tight on the foot. No socks at all and you're onto a winner!

Just in case anybody was wondering what the hell is a TPR sole?. . . .

Thermo Plastic Rubber soles are produced by compounding and moulding rubber granules of solid raw material. Emu use only the highest quality materials in their T.P.R. soles. They do not use shredded old car tyres which is common in this type of sole. T.P.R. is renowned for its slip resistance and shock absorption.

The sole was one of the main reasons I bought these slippers. It's thick, non slip and no cold or water/dampness will pass through them. Perfect for dashing out to get the washing in or putting the bins out!

I am a size 8 with a broad foot - I bought a size 8 and they fit perfectly in my case. They are a slip on type and hold onto the foot very well.

I cannot fault them at all. They are well made, warm and comfortable and if looked after should last for years.

I have also seen them in a well known discount store called something along the lines of teacakes macks for twenty quid! ;)

4.0 out of 5 stars snug slippers, 11 Jan 2012
V. Smith (Great Britain) - See all my reviews
These are lovely looking slippers, unfortunately the fur is so thick that you need a bigger size in order to get your foot in them. Very fast delivery

3.0 out of 5 stars not made in australia., 21 July 2012
Mr. Malcolm Crawford (Wakefield, Yorkshire.uk) - See all my reviews

1.0 out of 5 stars fell apart after 3 months, 16 Nov 2014
I bought these expensive slippers as a birthday gift for my husband thinking that if I paid a bit more for a well known brand he would get years of wear from them. Unfortunately after 3 months he discovered a whole between the material and the sole on one of them and after another few weeks discovered they were both coming apart at the seams. They are now unwearable. I have since purchased a pair of slippers from a supermarket for a 6th of the price and they are still going strong! Very disappointed with EMU Please advise how I can return these and get a refund as they are clearly faulty.

5.0 out of 5 stars size up by 2 sizes, 6 Aug 2014
This review is from: Emu Mens Buckingham Slippers (Shoes)
Ok, first of all, I'm a size 5 woman... I brought the mens size 7 as they were £30 cheaper than the ladies. With that kind of saving, I didn't care if they were too big. However, these fit me perfectly so definitely size up or they won't fit you.

Quality is amazing and they are the real deal. Someone wasn't happy that the label said made in china - my old pair were from qvc at £62 and they too were made in china so don't let that review put you off.

They will last you years and this low price won't be beaten! :-)

3.0 out of 5 stars Emu mens slippers, 9 Dec 2014
Very comfortable and warm however the sole is rather hard on the feet and could be softer as I do not wear them as
Shoes to go outside
The emu web site shows them being made in a converted sheep shed in Australia the label on the slippers say made
In china if I had known I would not have bought them not at £65

5.0 out of 5 stars Great, 2 Feb 2012
M. G. Holdsworth (UK) - See all my reviews
I ended up buying the "charcoal" coloured slippers as these were the only ones available. Upon arrival, I would have called the colour mid-grey and they go with my clothes better than the natural and chocolate coloured ones would have done. Hence the default colour turned out to be a great 'choice'. Dont know why manufacturer would say charcoal which I perserve as black.
Pros: The are lovely and warm and very comfortable - best slippers I've had for many years. Fed up of buying these cheap Chinese made ones that fall apart after a few months and dont keep your feet warm.
Negative: I purchased a size bigger because other reviews suggested that they were a little small; this was a mistake, stick to you normal shoe size.

5.0 out of 5 stars Super sheepskin, 19 April 2011
Absolutely love them. Shame weather turned soon after buying them - cant wait for the cold altho still like to wear them in mornings.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 24 April 2014
My boyfriend was not particularly amused by my giving him these slippers for his birthday ... with the implications of aging, etc, but he thinks they are wonderful and I have won some major brownie points for giving them to him. The mule shape is not too frumpy and they keep your feet lovely and warm and they are very comfortable.

5.0 out of 5 stars Lovely and warm, 3 April 2014
Due to disabilities I suffer with cold hands and feet, I purchased these as a summer pair of slippers to complement my Just Sheepskin Slipper Boots. My first impressions are the slippers are warmer than boots on feet with a slightly thicker sheepskin lining.
The slipper are true to size and are really comfortable with an outside sole.

Emu Mens Buckingham Slippers