4.0 out of 5 stars Interesting.
Published on 25 May 2010 by Mrs. K. Mccaighy

1.0 out of 5 stars Very disappointing
I have only given this one star because I thought it was dull. I enjoy watching Beverley Callard in Coronation Street as she plays the part well but she is not a writer. I think it is a real shame when a famous person also think they can write and do so badly. She could have hired a ghost writer but I don't think there is enough of an interesting here story anyway. I was...
Published on 12 May 2011 by Head in a book

4.0 out of 5 stars Interesting., 25 May 2010
I found the book very interestesting and honest, it gave you an insight into the life of a "soap star". Her honesty about her family and her depression gave the reader a peek into a different life than we may have had before. I think Beverley Callard is very brave to speak out about her depression and the effect it has had on life, my sister has sufferd with Manic Depression for years and I am glad to say that she gets the help she needs. Hopefully this book will help a lot of other people to seek the help they need, I can highly reccomend this book.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great read, 29 April 2010
After my breakdown 8 yrs ago I haven't been able to read much due to lack of concentration but I saw Beverley Callard on TV talking about her breakdown & how she has come through it & I thought I would like to read it.

I wasn't disappointed with the book, I found it easy to read & well written. Beverley talks about her childhood & growing up in Leeds, about tragedies she has had to face from a young age & battles with her health including cancer.
I have recommended this book to all my friends especially as its Mental health week & it really does explain what it is like to go through the darkness of depression & the battles faced to pull through it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Honest and open, 13 May 2010
D. Ward "Blackrock" (Brighton. England) - See all my reviews
Beverley Callard's book is honest and open. Beverley tells us about her 'off screen' life and she is certainly 'Unbroken'. She demonstrates what spirit she has and how she has faced some difficult and troubled times. There is more to Beverley than being 'Liz McDonald'. Thank you for sharing this with us.

5.0 out of 5 stars Wife Of Derek Book Worm, 21 Oct 2010
Beverly tells it how it is,she suffered a total breakdown and life was not always good.Off camera she became a broken woman but did receive support from the cast of Coronation Street.Failed marriages,mental torture to the point of being hospitalised, she acted out her roll on the TV and yet she was crumbling in her private life.I enjoyed this biography,written well,and nothing held back,I would recommend this book

5.0 out of 5 stars Unbroken: A story of Survival, 28 May 2010
Ann Blackburn "majoga" (Bellingham Northumberland UK) - See all my reviews
This book was compelling and shows a completely different persona to the one we see in Coronation Street.
A fastinating insight into depression and it's various effects on both sufferer and associated family and friends.
As a fellow sufferer I found it inspiring and could not put it down.
Thank you Beverley for the help and encouragement I found there.
The book was delivered promptly and in perfect condition

5.0 out of 5 stars Good read, 23 May 2010
P. Harrison (west yorkshire) - See all my reviews
This book is one of the most heart wrenching books ever. Theres tears and laughter, and when you read what Beverley has been through, its amasing that she is the person she is today. HIGHLY RECOMENDED.

4.0 out of 5 stars Insightful, sincere & humorous, 28 Feb 2011
Beverley's autobiography starts off slow with quite an ordinary childhood and first marriage, but then it rapidly builds into quite an extraordinary tale as she experiences 3 broken marriages, 2 life-threatening pregnancies, cancer, a nervous breakdown, the threat of bankruptcy and numerous family problems. But it's not all doom and gloom, she also talks of her successful career as an actress & fitness instructor, overcoming her breakdown and finally finding her perfect partner.
Beverley writes very honestly and openly about her life and comes across as a really down to earth likable person. I found her writing on the depression she suffered insightful and inspiring towards other sufferers. She also has a great sense of humour and I really enjoyed the funny tales she tells about tricks played on fellow cast members behind the scenes at Coronation Street.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Book, 21 Dec 2010
I bought this book as I saw it advertised. The Book came in excellent condition and was great value for money. I was hoping to buy this book for ages and it was well worth the wait.

5.0 out of 5 stars Page Turner, 17 Dec 2010
Could not put it down
I admire her for being so frank.
One of the best I have read

Joyce

5.0 out of 5 stars A Powerful Read, 28 Jun 2010
Graeme Stewart "echosnare" (Glasgow) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)
I ordered this for my wife, after she saw an interview with Beverley Callard on TV. Her description of the book to me is "It is a powerful, moving story. She (Callard) has been through so much in her life both on and off screen, and her descriptions of her mental health issues are very moving", She gives it a big 5 stars, and reccomends it highly.

Unbroken