on 4 October 2014
Wanted to get a few rides under my belt before I reviewed them - after all who wants a review describing how pretty they are ! - Anyway .. Great Shoes ...... I had been looking at the Muddyfox ones which looked good value at £20 on Amazon but was a bit put off by several reviewers mentioning that the Velcro straps folded inwards (towards the bike) which meant they could get caught in the chain / sprocket so decided against them and paid a bit more for these - no regrets. Very happy. I am an 'occasional' road cyclists so absolutely ideal for me, the fanatics who pay £3k - £10k for their bike would clearly go for something more upmarket. Despite being delivered from Germany, they arrived fast and well packed. I screwed on my Look Cleats and I was away. Incidentally, I take a size 8 (or 8 1/2 with some brands) so ordered size 42 and they fitted just fine.
on 9 November 2010
Being a novice cyclist I found these shoes excellent to fit the SPD cleats and they are so so comfortable. A great buy.
on 28 May 2014
My shoe sizes vary between a UK 9.5 and a 10 so I ordered EU 44 and must say that these shoes are spot on, they're a very good fit. I've always worn branded (Specialized) SPD's but wanted shoes that were compatible for both SPD and SPD-SL, at a reasonable price!! I'm always wary of unbranded or 'less known' brands that appear on the cheap side but these shoes ticked the right boxes so I took the chance. I'm glad that I did. The quality seems reasonable for the price; they are a comfortable shoe and they seem pretty well made. For obvious reasons the cleats are not supplied with the shoe; for a multi-cleat system shoe it would be unreasonable to expect this but cleat screws are at least supplied. I've clocked up many miles now using these shoes and they're as comfortable as any others that I've used. I'm not sure that they would lend themselves particularly well to mid winter riding (I've worn warmer and more water resistant shoes) but for Spring through to Autumn I don't expect any problems. The shoes also look great! Recommended
on 18 December 2011
Took a chance by buying these shoes are there are so many well known makes out there. However as soon asIput them on I knew I had made a good choice. They are comfortable,well made,and a great price,they also look the part. Buy a size larger than your normal shoes though as they are made very snug.
on 23 September 2014
I associate size 44 with UK size 10, always have done, and that's always worked for me. Product description says "size is slightly bigger", which I took to mean that if anything these would be a little bit bigger than the stated size - which would be fine, best a little bit more room than that they nipped. However, when they arrived the box stated UK 9.5 and sure enough they were too small... Free returns service was a bonus, however having to pay a 2nd delivery charge for a pair of size 45s was a bit annoying.

And now the good stuff: these are a really smart looking shoe, I like the contrast of black and white which makes them look less dull than the monotone ones out there. When in the correct size, they are also comfortable.
on 7 February 2014
I waited excited for these and only when they arrived did I realise you need cleats to attach them to your bike. As I'm not technically bike savvy I didn't know this, and there's no information saying you need extra parts. As the instructions are in German trying to go by the pictures I tried actually unscrewing part of my pedal thinking that attached to the shoe and clipped back into the other half of the pedal... Nope. I found four screws in a bag in the box but no little spd cleat thing. So I suppose I'm going to have to buy a part and wait another week for that to arrive when I could have bought it first had there been information here saying the shoe didn't have this part. Maybe it was supposed to have the little oval part, I'll never know.
The shoes are a size and half bigger than my normal size and fit the width of my feet perfectly but are a bit long and narrow at the very end, but they are quite comfortable. The narrowing end bit stops my foot sliding forward. Bit irritating they don't just call the sizes what they are and say to buy bigger. Never mind.
I'm not knocking a star off for the pedal problem because it's probably my lack of knowledge, but if anyone else is like me hopefully they'll now know to buy an spd cleat to go between shoe and pedal. Or maybe there is one and it's missing in my box, in which case ask the seller before you buy.
on 3 November 2013
I am new to "cycle shoes" and bought these as they seemed to be the cheapest and had the best reviews. I did not realise they arrived without any cleats for attaching them to the pedals but that was just my lack of knowledge. I ordered 44's as I normally take a size 10 shoe and wear them with ordinary socks. These were a little snug but I wore them with ordinary socks sitting watching telly for a couple of evenings and when I went out for my first ride, about 1.5 hours, wearing slightly thinner socks they were fine.
on 17 June 2014
These shoes fit great (size 47) and are comfortable on rides of up to 100 miles. However, the protective wear cap on the raised left heel part of one shoe came off and now that part of the shoe has worn away completely. This happened while I was on a 335 mile charity ride so I had no choice but to continue and contact the seller on my return, and that's where ordering on line falls down. Although I've sent an email with accompanying photos to the seller there has been no response so now I have to try and go through Aamazon's own complaints procedure. It's a shame as otherwise I would give these shoes 5 stars but the resellers inaction drags this down to 3 stars. Caveat emptor, buyer beware.
on 26 February 2014
these are super comfy shoes. I did buy a size bigger after reading reviews and mine turned out to big so just buy your normal size. Still comfy though even on the large size. Cleats are easy to fit and adjust.
First pair of clipless though and yes I did fall off rather un-gracefully.
on 1 May 2011
Seen similar shoes for twice the price in retail shops.

Comfortable, easy to set up, looks nice...what else is there?