5.0 out of 5 stars SNAP to it, 8 Feb. 2011
What an inspiring read, the previous two reviewers have said plenty (which I agree with 100%) but I wanted to give my views.

I am a sales trainer and I have found this book a must read and have not been able to put it down. It has helped to change my thought processes with its Simply approach and excellent examples. Many sales books I have read preach but Jill gives you the ideas and follows through with practical examples of how it can be used.

I am already a wash with ideas about refreshing/changing my existing courses to make them real for the end customer. Sales people can be lazy when it comes to preparation and SNAP selling provides focus during this stage, makes it easy and the results will then do the talking.

If you buy one sale book in 2011, make it this one.

5.0 out of 5 stars A must-read book for anyone involved in B2B sales - and a snap to put into practice, 3 Jun. 2010
Bob Apollo (Reading, UK) - See all my reviews
Jill Konrath is the acclaimed author of "Selling to Big Companies", and an acknowledged expert on the new sales strategies that are required in the face of the dramatic changes that have taken place in B2B buying behaviour. Having enjoyed Jill's previous work, I was looking forward to reading her latest book, "Snap Selling: Speed Up Sales and Win More Business with Today's Frazzled Customers", and I wasn't disappointed.

The acronym SNAP reminds us that our interactions with our prospects need to be Simple, iNvaluable, Aligned and Prioritised. Simple, because we have a vital role to play in helping our prospects deal with the complexities that surround any decision making process. iNvaluable, because in a world where it's hard for prospects to differentiate vendor offerings, we need to find ways of elevating our unique value through our interaction with them. Aligned, because we need to remain focused at all times on the things that really matter to our prospects, and Prioritised, because if we're not dealing with issues that are urgent, we're ultimately irrelevant.

Jill skilfully explains how these four factors play out through the three key phases of our prospect's decision making journey, which she identifies as:
1. The decision to allow us access, during which we help our prospect to move from Oblivious (no interest in connecting) to Curious (agreeing to a conversation)
2. The decision to initiate change, during which we help our prospect move from Complacent (will listen to ideas) to Committed (they have concluded that the status quo is unacceptable)
3. The decision to select resources, during which we help our prospect move from Open (they are considering their options) to Certain (they have made their choice)

The book is packed with simple, illuminating insights into why these principles are relevant, and how they might be applied. Jill highlights the potential pitfalls that sales people can stumble into, and helps them anticipate and avoid the roadblocks that can so often derail the best-intended sales efforts.

Jill has an engaging, easy-to-read style. I found that my copy was quickly filled with scribbled notes in the margin and that before I got to the end of the book I'd already determined to put many of the ideas into practice. I'd be surprised if you didn't find the same.

If you're involved in complex, high-value B2B sales, and have been looking for a guide to help you navigate today's challenging buying climate, the few hours it will take you to absorb the ideas in this book will undoubtedly represent time well spent. Highly recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars SNAP selling, 31 May 2011
Prior to reading your book "SNAP Selling" I had been continually trying to get my prospects attention and get them interested in arranging a meeting, to no avail. After reading your book, I tweaked my message, sent out a few cold emails and to my delight I had responses coming back within 2HRS!! from the highest level (Exec Dirs. and CEO's)either saying they were interested in talking, or advising who in the organisation I should speak to.

5.0 out of 5 stars Forward to the new "basics", 3 Jun. 2010
Robert Morris (Dallas, Texas) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)
In her previous book, Selling to Big Companies, Jill Konrath introduced a number of core principles that - if fully understood and properly applied - can help almost anyone to achieve success in sales. She suggests that experienced sellers must "un-learn" much of what they assume to be true thus far, and by doing so, Konrath makes it crystal clear what simply doesn't work...and why. Less experienced sellers will probably find it easier to apply her advice that is eminently practical...and immediately actionable.

Konrath also explains how to "build a foundation" for what eventually could become a cohesive, comprehensive, and cost-effective system for effective preparation, cultivation, and solicitation. What she is talking about really is a high-stakes "game" played against formidable opponents according to rules that can sometimes change suddenly in response to unexpected developments.

Indeed, a great deal has changed during the five years since that book was published. For example, mostly because of online resources that are easily accessible, customers are much more knowledgeable about options purchase now than ever before thus and have more issues to consider than ever before. One result is that they seem to have the attention span of a strobe light flash. Another is that, especially during a down economy, customers often feel (as Konrath characterizes it) "frazzled." Whether selling to a big company or to an individual, those in sales must make "fundamental shifts" (adjustments, modifications, refinements, etc.) in terms of what they do and how they do it, what they avoid as well as what they master and then initiate, "in order to get in front of this rapidly changing marketplace."

Konrath acknowledges, "Some people won't like what I have to say. They don't want to change. They like [what they believe to be] their tried-and-true sales practices. In fact, right now they're probably saying, `We need to get back to the basics.'" Well, as she carefully explains, many of the traditional basics need to be replaced by what the new marketplace realities require.

She is convinced - and I agree - that sellers the need to proceed forward to new "basics" and master them ASAP. As the title of a book co-authored by Robert Kriegel and David Brandt suggests, Sacred Cows Make the Best Burgers. How? Konrath identifies and discusses what she calls "SNAP Factors":

"Simple: Your ability to eliminate [counter-productive] complexity and [non-productive] effort from your prospect's decision-making process will improve your chances for sales success." The challenge is to ensure maximum simplicity in everything you do, to be sure, but also to make doing business with you and your organization as easy as possible for both prospects and customers. Hence the importance of a rigorous analysis of all (not most) aspects of prospect and customer interactions.

"iNvaluable: In a world of copycat products and services, the value you personally bring to the relationship becomes essential." People buy (or don't buy) from other people, not from companies. These days, prospects and customers not only expect but indeed demand that those selling to them "know their stuff," not only about what a product offers (i.e. functions, features, and benefits) but - more importantly - how specifically that product will be of substantial benefit to them. For example, how will it help them to strengthen relationships with their own customers?

"Aligned: You must stay relevant to your client at all times; they don't have time [or patience] for anything else." Frazzled customers demand that there be an immediate, seamless, and on-going connection between what you offer and what they need. As prospects move through the decision-making process, they need to know that the alignment includes not only the given product, service, or solution but also core values and beliefs such as the importance of being a good citizen.

And finally, "Priority: With an ever-changing business environment, you can't afford to have your prospect deem your services [or even paying attention to you] urgent." Hundreds of customer satisfaction research studies involving millions of respondents clearly indicate the importance to them of feeling that they and their highest priorities are respected and appreciated. Konrath observes, "To be in the Go Zone, target prospects whose priorities you can [fully] address, and focus on raising the priority level of initiatives that have dropped in importance to your prospects." Because circumstances change, priorities change. Those in sales must be ever-alert to these changes. More to the point, they must anticipate them on a contingency basis and prepare accordingly.

Konrath carefully identifies the "what" of speeding up sales and winning business with today's "frazzled" customers but, and this is of greater value, she explains the "how" of doing it and doing it right. Appropriately, her explanations of various HOWs are as simple as possible (but no simpler) and her advice will prove iNvaluable if applied effectively. She immediately gets in alignment with her reader, establishing in the Introduction a direct and personal rapport while explaining how the reader can be and then remain in alignment with each prospect and customer. Konrath's primary objective is to do everything humanly possible to help her reader achieve her or his own #1 priority: learning what needs to be known about cultivation, solicitation, and post-sale service, then and mastering the skills to apply that knowledge effectively throughout that three-phase process.

5.0 out of 5 stars SNAP Selling tells you what you need to know about selling, 21 Feb. 2013
Andrew Stewart (Manchester, England) - See all my reviews
SNAP selling is a fabulous concept for any one in B2B sales. Konrath goes through so many anecdotes and examples to show how selling can be done more effectively to crazy, busy prospects.

I got so many A-Ha moments.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, 6 Mar. 2014
S. Jewry (Norfolk, UK) - See all my reviews
Totally different audience to the businesses I am aiming at but gives great insight and the techniques work across the board, you just have to re-think the wording to fit with your target clients. Lots of food for thought and we are instigating some of her suggestions in our business with positive results. I recommend this book highly if you want to improve your selling skills and/or selling processes within your business

SNAP Selling: Speed Up Sales and Win More Business with Today's Frazzled Customers (Hardcover)
Used & New from: £9.99