5.0 out of 5 stars Box Set Info
There's been enough said about this show, with the ending appearing to have divided the fan base, so I won't harp on about that other than to say I loved it.

The reason for this review is to give potential buyers a heads up on the box set. This box set is actually the six individual season DVDs in a cardboard slipcase, so anyone expecting a nicely put together...
Published on 14 Sep 2010 by Graham Brian

3.0 out of 5 stars A thing or two for publishers to consider about premium packaging and sci-fi fans
Looks can be deceptive, especially if you've looked at the image that's been sitting at the top of this page for the past couple of months. I was surprised when I opened the parcel to see the size of this box set. My initial reaction was that I'd been sent the vanilla set by mistake. But no. The premium edition is much smaller than I was expecting and certainly a...
Published on 11 Oct 2010 by possessed.by.a.lemon

‹ Previous | 1 2 328 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars It helps if you are well read!!, 28 Jan 2014
This review is from: Lost: Season 1-6 [DVD] (DVD)
A lot of people didn't understand Lost and gave up on it... But that's because most of them missed the beauty hidden within each story!!

If you are well read, you will soon start to discover that Lost incorporates a lot of literary works in its storylines, like Alice in Wonderland, Wizard of Oz, Chronicles of Narnia, etc. The characters names are even head nods to famous philosophers (John Locke), writers (CS Lewis) and clues to their roles within the show (Christian Shephard). There is also a lot of Biblical and Egyptian Mythology. To be honest, my knowledge is weak on the latter, so I often joined forums where I could read other viewers' opinions on which stories in mythology were being represented within an episode.

I personally found Lost to be a masterpiece. The second time watching it all the way through was even more satisfying as I picked up on so many things I missed the first time round, such as the fact that every book being read by characters in the episodes are clues to what is going on, not just props.

Admittedly, like many people I found the last ever episode confusing, but once I entered some forums, read what was going on and then rewatched it I was blown away and openly cried :)

I hope you get the same experinece from the show as I did.

5.0 out of 5 stars A brilliant series, 29 Dec 2013
This review is from: Lost: Season 1-6 [DVD] (DVD)
Hours and hours of DVD's in this series which is so addictive, I have now watched them twice. It starts off with a simple plane crash and quickly escalates to a survival of the fittest battle to escape the island on which they have crashed. Soon they discover somebody wants them to remain undiscovered but why? To avoid spoiling the plot for others just buy this. It is the best money you will ever spend. Highly recommended!

5.0 out of 5 stars absolutely great!, 16 May 2013
This review is from: Lost: The Complete Seasons 1-6 [Blu-ray] (Blu-ray)
Anyone have seen this TV serie is a fan of LOST.
If you want come to the isle with Jack, Sawyer, Kaith and John, please choose this box and go.......
Great item in a very beautiful box.
The box contain 6 series complete.
Series 1 to 5 have also italian language, serie 6 not have italian......

5.0 out of 5 stars UK buyers get the US Version if you are a fanatical fan, 14 Dec 2010
Just thought i'd let UK buyers know. As some people have previously stated the US version of the box set is superior in terms of extra features but like myself found to many conflicting reviews about wether this will play on my UK PS3 for example.

Season 3 & 4 are indeed region locked so what i done was simply ordered those seasons on Blu-ray from Ebay or amazon and simply replaced the region locked discs

All the other seasons and the Special Bonus Disk are region free despite only having REGION A on the DISC and will definatley play on a PS3. Why the UK got short changed on the Box set is beyond me but getting the US version was worth it purley for the novelty factor with the Ultra Violet hidden messages been a real treat.

4.0 out of 5 stars A review for what it is., 14 Oct 2010
C. Smith "Human" (Hertforshire, England) - See all my reviews
There have been numerous reviews of this, comparing it to the US set. Most, before it's even been released and anyone has seen it. I'll come right out and say it. This set IS inferior to the US. The seasons are individually packaged in their standard blu-ray boxes. HOWEVER. What you get is still a great package. The actual show is probably the best thing that's been on TV in the last decade. (Closely followed by the Sopranos). It's true that I'm a little disappointed not to have the cool features the US set has, like the intricate design and the hidden disk (which is in this set just not hidden) BUT the truth is, if the US set was the same as this one, people wouldn't really be complaining about this. The box itself is rather nice, with a Gold, textured design. The front cover however could be much better. It's just a paper cover. Should be better. Like a nice sturdy magnetic lid (Rather like the well boxed Beatles Stereo Remaster Boxset). The booklet is nice, though doesn't go into too much detail and only has brief episode descriptions and nothing else. The Senet game comes in it's own box (with instructions) and has good quality pieces. The ankh is also with this and opens up to reveal a cryptic scroll, which I am yet to decipher. (I think it has some relevance to the Senet game).

In summary, this is a great set, complete with everything related to Lost in disk form. It's not quite worthy of Lost's brilliance in it's presentation though. If you are solely interested in the disks, then this is THE boxset you want, as it 1-ups the "Vanilla" box with the extra disc. If you are into the presentation, the US box is better (though note you will have to substitute seasons 3 & 4 as they are supposedly region locked, while all other discs are not. Bummer!)

4.0 out of 5 stars As good as the first time round..., 10 Oct 2011
This review is from: Lost: The Complete Seasons 1-6 [Blu-ray] (Blu-ray)
When Lost first aired in the UK I was hooked. Like many who watched Lost in those early days, I fell for the cliff-hanger endings and wanted to know, after each and every episode, what would happen next. Six seasons later, not every question has been answered and while some plot arcs seemed to fizzle out without much explanation, the journey was one worth taking. In fact, it is the journey that has led me to buy this box set and watch the whole thing over again.

First time round I was so hung-up on who the Others were, what the Black Smoke was, what the fate of the main characters would be, that a lot of the brilliant sub-text, background, and fine acting got ignored. This time round I'm enjoying the characters and their development, the cinematography and the musical score, all of which makes Lost a superior TV show - Lost was always filmic in scope and production and, even half a decade later, many scenes seem like they've been cut from a recent Hollywood movie.

What is also interesting about the re-watch is that the early seasons (namely 1 and 2), which were longer than their successors, really do stand-up. I thought, what with the fast-paced developments of the shorter seasons 4, 5 and 6, that the early stuff would seem drawn-out and unexciting but no! The early seasons are as gripping as they were the first time round and the flashbacks, particularly those of Locke, Jack and Sayid are worthy of extra praise - to see my favourite character, Locke, evolve from the downtrodden and broken man he was to becoming the Island's Yoda is both exhilarating and touching.

For me, what made Lost so special was its ability to surprise but also to evoke a strong emotional response from its audience. Many TV shows, like The Wire, can impress with its cool characters, or Mad Men, with its authenticity, but none seem to hit the emotional response button better than Lost. OK, sometimes it can get a bit schmaltzy but there are some moments, such as Locke's despair at not being able to open The Hatch, which really hit you.

What also impressed me was the moral ambiguity of the characters - nearly every character messes up at some point (both in their past and their present) but this does not make them a right-off. In fact, an underlying sub-text of Lost is the characters' ability to seek, and attain, redemption. This is clearly the case with Kate and Sawyer - criminals with hearts of gold who find a better side to themselves on the Island. Other characters, such as the overbearing Jin, find peace and reconciliation, while others, such as Jack, realise their full potential.

There are a lot of Lost fans out there and also a lot of detractors. To those unsure of what to expect I would say, give Lost a go but don't expect miracles. Lost is, like every rug in the world, not without imperfections but it will not fail to impress. To the detractors I would say that there are few TV shows around with the originality and ambition of Lost. If you think about other shows, Sopranos, West Wing etc, these shows trod a very formulaic path - Mafia boss does some mafia stuff / White House team does some White House stuff. Brilliantly realised though these shows were, they do not have, for me, the je ne sais quoi of Lost.

1.0 out of 5 stars DO NOT BUY THIS PRODUCT!, 16 Nov 2010
I absolutely LOVE Lost, each to their own obviously and I am not one here to preach to the converted or to try and convince people it's great. You can make your own mind up. Nor am I here to review the series Lost itself, I think it is one of the best television series in history, but that is just my opinion. No, I am here to review this pitiful product, "The Premium" Lost box set which contains all six seasons. My advice : AVOID IT!

I've bought all the previous box sets separately on Blu-ray and was going to sell them all on eBay and buy the all encompassing box set. However this Premium box set is NOTHING like what the guys in the US get. For a start the box is a different shape, In the US its a neatly fitting "plinth" shape and the disc boxes are beautifully designed. With this premium UK set it is basically a cardboard box with spaces for all the existing blu-ray boxes (Which if you are a Lost fan you probably already have the first five off!) and could buy separately. And the US version is cheaper. Also the US version has loads of other stuff in it that this set doesn't like the black-light and hidden disc, map etc. The US version is altogether a much higher quality product. The UK fans have been let down again! When are we going to get a proper box set?

So now I am in a quandry, as I won't be buying the box set for Season 6 as I want a decent complete box set... but I certainly won't be buying this so called "premium" box-set. My only option would be to buy the US version but I've found out that unless you have a multi-region blu-ray player seasons 3 and 4 of the box set won't work!

I guess I'll never own the last season of Lost on Blu-ray...

Also Amazon.co.uk state that this product has the same contents as the one on sale on Amazon.com. This is completely untrue.

5.0 out of 5 stars Must buy on Blu-Ray, 12 Dec 2013
Ryan (Northern Ireland) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Lost: The Complete Seasons 1-6 [Blu-ray] (Blu-ray)
This show changed television forever. Superb story and gripping tension throughout the entire seasons. And I think it holds the record for one of the best season cliffhangers ever, the last scene in season 3, I won't go into detail.
But anyone with a BluRay player who needs a new show to watch, get this now. Excellent image and sound and packed to the lockers with special features.

5.0 out of 5 stars One to watch be for you die., 24 Jun 2013
This review is from: Lost: Season 1-6 [DVD] (DVD)
5 month ago I picked up the series LOST for £35 which I had been holding of from buying for years and I was going to buy it at £60 which still would have been worth it in the end. I finished it 2 days ago after 5 month of watching it and all I can say is wow. I have Not watched a series like this be for, ok I watched Star Gate, Star Trek etc but I don't normally watch things like this but im glad I did. It has its ups and downs like every series out there and some non answered questions from certain plots. Some people say they don't like it because of the ending but I thought it was sweeeet (Good) and at least (I) thought it did have an ending unlike some other series I have watched. The only thing is I nearly gave up on the first series as it is boring as hell for 1st couple of episodes and it doesn't start really to series 2 but at least you get to know the characters in that time. Watch it if you have not already or re watch it like I will next year again Very Happy face :)

EDIT. @ Amazon when I said £60 would be worth it I didn't mean £109 be worth it. This is just overpriced now.

5.0 out of 5 stars Intriguing and mysterious sort-of sci-fi series, 19 Jun 2013
This review is from: Lost: Season 1-6 [DVD] (DVD)
I didn't watch this when it was first broadcast but got interested when series 3 came out. I decided to watch the whole series from start to finish and I wasn't disappointed.

The storyline revolves around survivors of a plane crash who land on a mysterious island where nothing is quite what it seems. Are there other people already living on the island and if so who are they and what are they doing there? The first 3 series introduce the characters through flashbacks and we learn that nobody is quite what they seem. As more information is revealed the plot becomes more convoluted and you are left intrigued as to what is really going on and realise that your previous conclusions may not be correct. The plot twists and turns and it is hard to resist watching "just one more episode".

The later series reveal what could happen in the future to the characters again revealing more about them. There is a sliding-doors type parallel storyline also. There were one or two loose ends at the end of it but it didn't spoil the overall enjoyment. I would thouroughly recommend this.

If you liked The X Files, The Twighlight Zone or The Outer Llimits you will probably find this series to your taste but I think much superiour.

‹ Previous | 1 2 328 | Next ›

Lost: The Complete Seasons 1-6 [Blu-ray]
Lost: The Complete Seasons 1-6 [Blu-ray] by Naveen Andrews (Blu-ray - 2010)