5.0 out of 5 stars Box Set Info
There's been enough said about this show, with the ending appearing to have divided the fan base, so I won't harp on about that other than to say I loved it.

Published on 14 Sep 2010 by Graham Brian

Published on 11 Oct 2010 by possessed.by.a.lemon

5.0 out of 5 stars Box Set Info, 14 Sep 2010
Graham Brian "4dayweekend" (Addlestone, Surrey) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Lost: Season 1-6 [DVD] (DVD)

The reason for this review is to give potential buyers a heads up on the box set. This box set is actually the six individual season DVDs in a cardboard slipcase, so anyone expecting a nicely put together box set will be a little disappointed. If you've been buying each season as they've gone along, you can buy season six on its own knowing you're not missing out on anything.

That being said, I've looked at the prices of the individual seasons and (as at 14th Sept 2010) you're actually saving yourself money by buying them individually rather than buying this - effectively, you're paying 3.83 for the cardboard slipcase, which some of you may be prepared to do, but others may want to avoid.

Nothing groundbreaking, I know, but thought that some people may like to know.

3.0 out of 5 stars A thing or two for publishers to consider about premium packaging and sci-fi fans, 11 Oct 2010
possessed.by.a.lemon - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 1000 REVIEWER)
Looks can be deceptive, especially if you've looked at the image that's been sitting at the top of this page for the past couple of months. I was surprised when I opened the parcel to see the size of this box set. My initial reaction was that I'd been sent the vanilla set by mistake. But no. The premium edition is much smaller than I was expecting and certainly a different shape (see my own photos in the images section). That will bother some of you but the surprise for me was a pleasant one. I wondered where I was going to find room for such a thing, now that problem is eased.

The Senet game comes in a compact and unspectacular box as well but the pieces are of a decent quality. I'll never play it, of course. Who will? So, yeah, the game could have done with more exciting packaging but, oh well, we're ultimately here for the Blu-rays. Even these are going to be a bone of contention for some to chew on - no slipcases, no digipaks, just boring old regular Blu-ray cases. The first three seasons also come in wider cases than the last three. This last point is understandable as the earlier seasons are longer, but I bet it annoys some of you that they don't all follow the exact same style. It annoys my inner nerd's OCD a little...

Five sides of the outer box are made from good, sturdy card with a nice spot varnish finish, but the rear side is a cheap piece of detachable card, which isn't all that impressive. Beyond that, you get a flimsy episode guide booklet and the bonus disc, which does in fact have some good stuff on it that I'm not here to spoil. I do have misgivings over the misleading images and the way in which consumers this side of the pond are treated but the truth is I'm satisfied with what I've got. I never wanted a cumbersome pyramid like they got in the US in the first place. It would, however, be foolish of me to expect all Lost fans to feel the same and happily settle for less. This should be something for the hardcore fanatics and collectors and it doesn't really feel like that at all.

I was well aware of the furore from fans over how this has been handled. From a design and contents point of view, it's inferior to the US release and we had to wait over a month for it while a different, lesser set was offered to us. And now the premium box has turned out to be little more than the vanilla edition with an added Senet game that you'll never play. So it's an odd proposition. This premium edition isn't particularly premium in terms of quality but, when compared to the alternative set, it's not being sold at the premium price either, it's actually the cheaper of the two at the time of writing. Bizarre. But you've watched Lost so you know it's not worth looking for the answers to some mysteries.

5.0 out of 5 stars Lost (and found!) Amazing On Blu-Ray!, 2 Jan 2013
L. Thompson "Thommo" (United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Lost: The Complete Seasons 1-6 [Blu-ray] (Blu-ray)
If you're reading this then you're either a fan of the show or you're curious - either way you'll know already that Lost was one of the best TV shows of recent times and one that everybody talked about and debated pretty much throughout it's entire run. It's a show which pulls you in, keeps you guessing, and just when you think you've figured it out the question or even the equation changes entirely!

I won't go into my opinion on who was the best character (even though they were all good) or what I thought of certain twists and turns. I'll just say this is a brilliant show that looks absolutely amazing on blu ray! The HD transfer is so good that the jungle/beach scenes after the plane crash in the pilot episode looks so lifelike you could actually be there as you can see every grain of sand, every ripple change in the texture of the ocean, every detail of the trees and leafs in the jungle. You can of course also see every wrinkle, scar, and strained muscle of the actors/actresses faces especially during close ups and don't get me started on the detail of the crashed plane with the burning metallic parts and the heat haze from the scorching flames - and that's just the picture quality.

*Disclaimer 1* Picture quality for you is as always dependent on the quality of your HDTV screen!

*Disclaimer 2* Audio quality received is as always dependent on the quality of the speakers that you use!

The audio quality is amazing too. With a decent home 5.1 set up or anything with good speakers you'll hear extreme clarity and audio separation from the rustle of the leafs to the swaying of the trees, from the ocean waves crashing to the random noises of the wildlife - all while the actors are speaking and again it's so convincingly lifelike you could be there. Especially with the bedlam of the pilot opening crash scene and you can hear everything clearly despite the roaring scream of the jet engine.

This is without doubt an A+ Blu ray transfer and if you have decent enough TV and speaker system then the quality that is able to come through is simply second to none and in my opinion the only thing missing from this release for a full sensory assault is 3D!

5.0 out of 5 stars LOST = AMAZING, but this set is very poor compared to the US version, 4 Dec 2010
Mr. Salaam Ahmed (UK) - See all my reviews
For the price of this set at the time of writing this review (217) this is not a good deal at all. I just ordered the US version of this blu ray set AND a copy of the collectors dvd set for only 224 with delivery from amazon.com. The US set is better on many levels, from design to build quality, and the blu rays are not simply the single season sets sold seperatly bundled together, as is the case in this UK set. Beware of this before buying

4.0 out of 5 stars A great series, 2 Dec 2013
Isabel Noronha "I Ramos" (United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Lost: Season 1-6 [DVD] (DVD)
Lost is one of those series that beggars discussion - but you can't expect to "win" the argument. The writers left quite a lot of loose ends, I think, on purpose. The whole point is the audience can fill in blanks as they see fit. I find that refreshing - I like having my own interpretation. All I would say is if you have not watched the series, don't go to the end expecting everything to be explained - it won't. Trust your imagination to make some explanations on your own behalf.

4.0 out of 5 stars Arrived battered, 5 Aug 2013
This review is from: Lost: Season 1-6 [DVD] (DVD)
The series is brilliant and we are totally hooked, however the box was ripped and so I have fixed it with Sellotape to keep the DVDs together.

5.0 out of 5 stars Touching the Void, 30 Aug 2011
This review is from: Lost: The Complete Seasons 1-6 [Blu-ray] (Blu-ray)
Perhaps I should have rated this as 4 stars, but I can't bring myself to do it.

From beginning to end, Lost took viewers on an amazing journey that was as flawed as it was brilliant. And the fact that it was flawed gives it the most human of qualities and elevates it above nearly all TV shows made in the last ten years, perhaps ever.

I frequently found myself fustrated by seasons that never came to a conclusion, plot arcs that were lost to the ether, etc...etc. But throughout the entire journey I was gripped and desperate to find out what happened next. I can't think of many tv series (early X-Files, early Breaking Bad, early 24) that have compelled me to drop everything to watch the next episode. Love it or hate it, Lost kept us guessing and hypothesising for many years.

I think the overriding reason lost was so brilliant was down to beautiful cinematography, excellent emotion through acting, characters with oodles of depth and ambiguty, and a beautifully realised score. The music is definitely one of the triumphs of Lost and as this evolved, it strode on par with John Williams' amazing scores made for the early Spielberg and Lucas films. I haven't heard music as moving and encapsulating of the essence of a show since Twin Peaks.

The ending didn't clear up many of the series' plot arcs, but perhaps it didn't need to. The countless religious, mythological and scientific metaphors that developed as the show evolved mingled so many disciplines that it became as complex, convoluted and chaotic as the universe in which we live. I don't believe there is 'one point' to Lost, more that humanity quests for truth and answers that will never be satisfied. The only thing you can be sure of is death.

And that's where it ends. I thought the end was utterly utterly moving, with many of the characters breaking down, being dragged over the finishing line, or dragging themselves by their fingernails, using the last remnants of their strength and emotion. That's what I took with me, the sense that these men and women were pushed, not only to the edges of existence, but to the edge of their physical and emotional capability. In the series finale that showed through more than anything else.

Quite simply...the end was beautiful and a close to god (i'm not religious but am open to any possibility) that a form of art is likely to achieve. The questions we had throughout largely remain and that's because we'll only find the 'bigger' answers when we ourselves complete our own season finales.

The truth is out there...

5.0 out of 5 stars It helps if you are well read!!, 28 Jan 2014
This review is from: Lost: Season 1-6 [DVD] (DVD)
A lot of people didn't understand Lost and gave up on it... But that's because most of them missed the beauty hidden within each story!!

If you are well read, you will soon start to discover that Lost incorporates a lot of literary works in its storylines, like Alice in Wonderland, Wizard of Oz, Chronicles of Narnia, etc. The characters names are even head nods to famous philosophers (John Locke), writers (CS Lewis) and clues to their roles within the show (Christian Shephard). There is also a lot of Biblical and Egyptian Mythology. To be honest, my knowledge is weak on the latter, so I often joined forums where I could read other viewers' opinions on which stories in mythology were being represented within an episode.

I personally found Lost to be a masterpiece. The second time watching it all the way through was even more satisfying as I picked up on so many things I missed the first time round, such as the fact that every book being read by characters in the episodes are clues to what is going on, not just props.

Admittedly, like many people I found the last ever episode confusing, but once I entered some forums, read what was going on and then rewatched it I was blown away and openly cried :)

I hope you get the same experinece from the show as I did.

5.0 out of 5 stars A brilliant series, 29 Dec 2013
This review is from: Lost: Season 1-6 [DVD] (DVD)
Hours and hours of DVD's in this series which is so addictive, I have now watched them twice. It starts off with a simple plane crash and quickly escalates to a survival of the fittest battle to escape the island on which they have crashed. Soon they discover somebody wants them to remain undiscovered but why? To avoid spoiling the plot for others just buy this. It is the best money you will ever spend. Highly recommended!

5.0 out of 5 stars Magnificent, more of this quality needed, 2 Sep 2013
Frank Bierbrauer (Manchester, Lancashire, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Lost: Season 1-6 [DVD] (DVD)
A superb TV series, the first 4 seasons were really exceptional and season 5 was also very good although I believe it started to lose its way a bit until season 6 was all over the place although the ending was very well done, like a return to the beginning. I enjoyed all of the characters and their individual stories some very tragic like Mr Eko. I found the characters well developed and human although I also felt the antagonistic aspects were stressed a little too much even from the beginning. I was very impressed by the complex female characters, especially Dr Juliet Burke who seems to have both a cold, hard part to her and a warm loving one and yet stays a little out of reach until the end when she lets all go before she plummets into the hatch during the incident after not being able to hold on to Sawyers hand. I also liked the fact that some of the main characters died, this made it more realistic but it was sad that Michael killed two of them, he was also a bit tragic.

A magnificent show, lets hope there are many more like it.

Lost: The Complete Seasons 1-6 [Blu-ray]
Lost: The Complete Seasons 1-6 [Blu-ray] by Naveen Andrews (Blu-ray - 2010)
56.00