Format: DVDChange

on 23 July 2012
sky decided to jump from series 4 to series 6. anyone who watches this series knows they always leave it on a cliffhanger . series 5 didn't let me down in it answered a lot of questions, while being gripping from start to finish. my partner became a criminal minds widow whist i spent the next 3 days glued to the tv. one of the best series i have watched. and thanks to amazon i was not left tearing my hair out wondering what had happened. was delivered in a couple of days.
33 comments11 of 11 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 20 July 2011
Fantastic DVD, but I am a great fan and a fan club member (I must get out more!) A leaflet fell out of the DVD advertising a book connected to the DVD about real life killers and deviants and generally nasty people. Couldn't resist so ordered the book and it is really fascinating. Not for the faint hearted and not to be read last thing at night!
on 17 October 2010
well after watching seasons 1 through 4 i decided i couldnt wait for the region 2 release of criminal minds 5 and tried to import it from the us, it never arrived but a couple of weeks later found an english seller selling it and pounced and have to say its a great season, keeps you gripped from episode 1, and the cliff hanger as always with criminal minds is great, has one of two weak points but all in all think its another great season from one of my all time best crime dramas
bear in mind if you buy the region 1 dvd you need a multi region dvd player to play it, only saying as a couple of years ago i got caught out and then had to go to the extra expense of buying a multi region player

regards
55 comments31 of 36 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 28 November 2011
Season 5 of Criminal Minds picks up where season 4 left us. The first episode ties up the season 4 cliffhanger that left fans screaming in frustration when one of the team was in danger. Season 5 has many great episodes including the tear jerking 100 (episode 9) which wraps up the reaper story. Other fantastic episodes are Outfoxed, which sees the fox all the way from season 1 back to haunt us. I can't not mention the episodes a thousand words and exit wounds. A thousand words sees a serial killer commit suicide and a race against time to find his last victim. Exit wounds sees the team fly out to a remote area where our beloved Garcia sees one of the victims get murdered. Finally we have the season finale which will get your pulse racing as we are left with another cliffhanger.

I enjoyed the special features of this box set and they are on the appropriate discs relating to the episodes they are about. The one thing I am disappointed in is that the box set doesn't tell you the names of the episodes it just gives you episode numbers, which although makes the episodes easy to follow I still like to know the names of the episodes.
on 3 February 2011
It really says something for the writers of these series that they can keep their millions of fans interested for 5 Seasons with so many different storylines.I remember at the outset when Roy Hazelwood appeared at the end of I believe Series 1 or 2 and said how realistic the series was compared to "real-life" profilers and how they go about their business.And that's coming from one of the founding members of the REAL equivalent BAU!But considering the programme is also directed by an ex-cop (Bernaderro) I suppose it's got a head start on some others?
I find that Emily played by Paget Brewster provides the comedy with Reid when she makes her comic asides often at his expense (not in a nasty way) and normally without him realising that she has done it?
Anyway in this 23 parter Hotchner faces-off his "enemy" The Reaper and Penelope has to help catch a killer in the far reaches of Alaska.
Among the extras are a good Gag Reel, a feature on Matthew Gray Gubler, Material Witness and various Case Files.
I've aiready got my name down for Series 6, it's so addictive I even hum the music!
on 19 November 2011
I have followed this series since day one and unlike many other series' these just get better and better! The characters and the plots have improved over the 4 seasons and season 5 will not disappoint. Despite being fictional it really does make you think. If you and enjoyed seasons 1-4 you will love season 5!
VINE VOICEon 27 August 2013
Not a show for the squeemish, Criminal Minds, one of the best crime dramas around at the moment gets better and better with its 5th season. Picking up from the cliffhanger ending at the end of season 4 with Hotchner targeted by serial killer The Reaper who stalks him and his family through several episodes coming to a bloody and brilliant climax and carries on to the end of the series with another excellent cliffhanger with the team in Los Angeles hunting a serial killer played by an excellent Tim Curry who is killing people under cover of blackouts which leads into season 6. The cast as usual are excellent and this is a thrilling, gripping series. The season also introduces characters from the sadly short lived spin off Criminal Minds Suspect Behaviour, a new BAU team lead by an excellent Forrest Whittaker in a special back door pilot episode. This series is a must buy for fans.
on 20 September 2013
First of all, I want to say thank you to Amazon UK for fixing a problem that I had. The discs play without a glitch, and I can enjoy watching this wonderful show for hours (it's really that great!).

As for the show itself, I really do believe it's a cut above other crime shows and really has something special. I remember when coming across it (couple of months ago on TV) how much I loved the thought and profiling on these cases, just how good and likable the cast was and with Prentiss and Rossi on board IMO it got even better. I seriously love that team.

So yes, I highly recommend not just this season (which was wonderful and got me glued every episode), but also the show as a whole. Funny saying this, but I really do feel this show has more "meat" and certainly has lots of heart.
on 6 September 2012
There are some separate cases in the early episodes of series 5 but the first ten episodes have an overall umbrella storyline starting from series 4's cliffhanger. Unlike Demonology from series 4 there isn't a truly terrible episode in series 5 and the character definition that Morgan received in series 2 and Reid in general from series 2 to 4, transfers over to Hotchner's personal life this time round. It's also the first full series that was only on Sky TV in the UK so now that series 5 is old and falls to £11-12 in sales, catch up with it if you're behind and also enjoy just over an hour's worth of extras including one of the cast's first directing experience on the show.
on 4 October 2012
I really like Criminal Minds, but frustratingly on British TV they keep playing series 1-4 and series 6 without screening series 5. So we decided to buy it. Good value from this seller, product new, as described, works fine and delivered promptly.

Slight annoyance is that the first DVD has loads of adverts on it and we kept having to let them run a bit before we could jump past them, maybe this was a prob with our player. But minor thing really, as rest of DVDs in the set don't have the ads.