5.0 out of 5 stars Better than Cheeky Wipes at a fraction of the cost!
Published on 20 July 2011 by Twin Baby Mummy

3.0 out of 5 stars A bit too thick
Published 3 months ago by newmum

5.0 out of 5 stars Better than Cheeky Wipes at a fraction of the cost!, 20 July 2011
This review is from: Ma Petite Chou - Bamboo Washable Wipes - Double thickness. Pack of 8. Made in Britain. (Baby Product)
I bought these wipes as a top up to my existing Cheeky Wipes system. I wasn't expecting much from them but just needed a few extra wipes to see me through until the nappies and wipes get washed every other night. I thought that these wipes would be a cheap imitiation of the Cheeky Wipes, I could not have been more wrong. Ok, so they are not all exactly the same size and shape but they are lovely and soft, they have not shrunk at all but best of all they are double layered so they are much thicker, softer and more absorbent than my current wipes. They also don't shrivel up in the wash like the Cheeky Wipes do so are much easier to stack ready for use. You will need to wash them before the first use, as some of the fibres will come out on the first wash but after that you will find no lint in the drier after tumble drying. They are pretty small in comparison to disposable wipes but are pretty standard size for washables. They don't actually say on them that they are made from bamboo but in my experience of bamboo wipes and bamboo nappies they definitely feel exactly like bamboo. I can't recommend these wipes highly enough on price and performance and even my husband (who doesn't normally get excited about baby products!) says that they are his favourite wipes! As well as the Cheeky Wipes we also use the Nature Babies terry/fleece wipes but none of them are as good as these ones. Well done Nature Babies!

3.0 out of 5 stars A bit too thick, 26 April 2014
I chose this because of the great price and good reviews. Having used reusable wipes for over 2 years I have to say I'm disappointed with these, I don't think they need to be double thickness and find that this actually hinders their use. I have lots of different brands of wipes and this are my least favourite as you can't manipulate them as well as others around creases etc due to their thickness

5.0 out of 5 stars nice wipes, 10 July 2014
lovely baby wipes, soft and fantastic fabric. Arrived a little slow but not a problem. I was happy with the quality and size of the wipes. They complement my Little Lambs baby wipes very well.

1.0 out of 5 stars not sure if should give more stars, 19 Jun 2014
after washing they are not as soft than when arrived, they are quite thick which is good i guess depending for which purpose you buy them for, for baby s bottom a bit too thick - though it works. i think not soft enough really though for delicate baby skin.
i also realise for cleaning baby bottoms you want smaller squares, definitely very soft ones and good quality. difficult to find online in my search

3.0 out of 5 stars Too thick!, 29 April 2014
I got these for nappy wipes but find them too thick. They are similar to little lamb bamboo boosters - take a long time to airdry and I find them too inflexible

5.0 out of 5 stars Very soft and absorbent, brilliant baby wipes!, 20 Feb 2014
Very soft and absorbent, brilliant baby wipes! a good size and not too thick. These are bamboo velour wipes. I've washed at 60 and tumble dried on low. Line drying takes about a day. I bought 3 packs which allow us about 2 days of wipes before a wash. Highly recommend! and quick postage

5.0 out of 5 stars Very thick, 19 Feb 2014
Zita Lamb (UK) - See all my reviews
These are lovely, they are better than cheeky wipes or little lamb bamboo, as they are double thickness, so they don't roll up in the washing machine. If you are replacing cheeky wipes, they fit perfectly in the cheeky wipes box. I would definitely recommend these

5.0 out of 5 stars Highly recommended, 29 Dec 2013
Not only am I happy that they are made in Britain, after being washed once, they are also soft and perfect reusable baby wipes - just dip in water and wring.

5.0 out of 5 stars I love it!, 6 Nov 2013
Great wipes. I love them. I like the thickness - feels much more substantial to wipe with! Also like the softness, Definitely recommend.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great value, 6 Sep 2012
I have just received mine in the post and immediately ordered more. These feel just like bamboo and not synthetic at all (in fact it does now say bamboo on the packets they come in) and they're exactly what i wanted when I ordered them - perfect for wiping mouths and tender little hands. I wouldn't hesitate if you want some soft bamboo wipes for your little one.