4.0 out of 5 stars Sweet Temptation
Published on 10 Sep 2010 by Amy

1.0 out of 5 stars Body positive? Not after reading this!
This book was about three "fatties" whose lives only improved once they started to lose weight.

According to the author, shedding the pounds is the answer to the perfect relationship, finding new love, promotion, confidence and even your own business! Gosh, for all the slim women out there who are unemployed or single, I wonder how YOU will achieve this...
Published 6 months ago by Princess Darkel

4.0 out of 5 stars Sweet Temptation, 10 Sep 2010
This review is from: Sweet Temptation (Paperback)
Sweet Temptation is about three women: Maddie, Jess and Lauren, all of whom are struggling with their weight as well as difficulties in their everyday lifes; from their jobs to their relationships with their partners and work collegues. Although the three of them don't know each other they are brought together by one thing - their desire to lose weight, so they all join a weight loss group and as they start their weight loss regimes they soon become close friends.

Each chapter of this books follows the story of one of the women and alternates between them with each chapter. This enables us to learn about each of the women's lifes and realationships away from the weight loss group aswell as reading about their meet up's with the other two women when they come together again.

This is a very written book based on a topic which I think most women will be able to relate to. Although, there are some more sensitive and serious issues explored in this book and therefore it is not the light-hearted read it may originally seem on first glance.

Overall, Lucy Diamond has produced a great story with three warm and loveable female characters all of whom are strong individual women who know their own minds and I look forward to seeing what next book will bring.

5.0 out of 5 stars Funny, heart warming and a great read, 16 July 2011
This review is from: Sweet Temptation (Kindle Edition)
I have to confess to not being a fan of chick lit. I am more a crime thriller type of reader. But reading the reviews from others persuaded me to take the plunge and give it a go.

I am so glad I did! The book tells the story of 3 women, Maddie, Jess and Lauren. All of them quite different, with different lives. They come together at 'FatBusters' as the one thing they have in common is the desire to lose weight.

We follow their journeys, with each chapter focusing on one of the 3 women. It's a very funny book, great observations about how society views being overweight and how it affects them personally. It also has darker moments, and it's very sad in parts too.

I am definitely going to read more of the authors books, and I might now be converted to the world of chick lit.

All in all a really enjoyable read.

5.0 out of 5 stars Heart warming chick lit then you can identify with, 23 Aug 2010
This review is from: Sweet Temptation (Paperback)
I bought this book after reading the other reviews and am so glad I did. I read it in 2 days and loved it. Lucy Diamond is my new favourite author after reading this. I felt any woman could identify with at least one aspect of the book. There was some surpising heart warming moments in the book that i was not expecting. The characters were all very likeable and you really do want the best for them all throughout the book. All in all a very good read.

4.0 out of 5 stars Had me beaming the whole way through, 6 July 2010
This review is from: Sweet Temptation (Paperback)
This is the first time I'd come across Lucy Diamond, after seeing it reviewed in a magazine and thought i'd give it a try.

I absolutely loved it, the three female characters are so real and wonderful in their own way...I could completely relate to it as I imagine most of us can with always trying to lose a few pounds whilst trying to stay sane and have a life...the way she describes the woman's relationships and their new found friendship is just superb, sharp and funny...

I took this on holiday with me last week and am now ordering another Lucy Diamond to take on my next trip!

5.0 out of 5 stars amazing read!, 24 Jun 2012
This review is from: Sweet Temptation (Paperback)
At first I thought this would just be another awful kindle download but almost from the first page I realised this was different. This is definitely one of my favourite books and Lucy got it spot on with making the characters easy to relate to. All 3 of them were easy to understand yet unlike some books, they were 3 very different characters making it simple to tell them apart.
This is definitely a feel good book for me as I have just started my own "fatbusters". I would definitely recommend this book to the moon and back.

5.0 out of 5 stars Loved it!!!!!, 23 Aug 2010
This review is from: Sweet Temptation (Paperback)
I loved this book and didn't want it to end. I could empathise with the three main characters Maddie, Jess and Lauren having been a "fatbuster" and the trials and tribulations they go though create a bond between the girls that leads to a friendship which is very touching. Would highly recommend.

4.0 out of 5 stars A LOT of women will relate to this book!!!, 18 May 2012
Best Crime Books "Best Crime Books" (London, UK) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)
This review is from: Sweet Temptation (Kindle Edition)
I vaguely recall reading a Lucy Diamond (by the way that's not her real name, its Sue Mongredien) that's her book a while back, but couldn't remember. I therefore decided to buy her fourth book that was published Sweet Temptation and try another one. I was extremely pleased that I did and now I know why her name rang bells! This book is based around three women, Maddie, Lauren and Jess. All three of them meet once they commit to both losing weight and getting fit. What they don't realise is that the three of them will become such good friends that their lives will change because of it.

Maddie seemed to be the most central character, well at least for me she was. She was certainly the most memorable! Maddie has a husband, two kids and a job working for Brum FM. Although her job may sound glamorous, her boss is awful and with both her boss and her Mum pressuring her to lose weight she finally gives in. In addition to Maddie there is Jess who works in a beauty salon and is engaged to Charlie. All Jess wants is to lose a little weight for her big day. The last character is Lauren who is a bitter divorcee who runs her own dating agency.

The book drew me straight in and I adored Maddie and Jess. I liked Lauren but after around a quarter of the book she just seemed to pale in comparison to the other two. What I think made this book so readable is the basis for the story. Weight loss is something the majority of women have experience with. Lucy Diamond has told their stories in such a way that you can laugh, cry and most certainly empathise with all three women. It took me just over a day to read this book as I was so engrossed. The author has made the characters easy to like, easy to read and most of all an enjoyable experience.

I absolutely loved this book and found it an absolute joy to read. We had nice characters, awful characters (I swear I knew a woman like Jess' boss!) and great storytelling. What more could we ask for?

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, Addictive book by an amazing author!, 15 Sep 2011
This review is from: Sweet Temptation (Kindle Edition)
Book about 3 women brought together through their love of food, and busting the weight. A book people can relate to and an amazing story line covering a lot of aspects of everyday life!a book, I read day, and night, and just couldn't put down. ALTHOUGH ALL EMOTIONS COVERED SO GRAB THE TISSUES! Defiantly recommend to anyone!

4.0 out of 5 stars A bit close to home!, 6 Sep 2011
This review is from: Sweet Temptation (Kindle Edition)
I really related to so much of this book. I have been a member of a slimming club for over a year and have found some great friends and fantastic support. Sadly, like Maddie, I lost a parent (my dad) six weeks ago to cancer. I also read the eulogy at the funeral. The emotions Maddie went through were so brutally honest and true to how it really feels, that the author should be recognised for either fantastic research or sympathised with for having experienced this but finding the courage to write about it in such a sympathetic way. I found it hard to read at times but ultimately very uplifting.

5.0 out of 5 stars Loved It., 21 Aug 2011
This review is from: Sweet Temptation (Kindle Edition)
A wonderful, heart-warming read about three women struggling to find themselves and what makes them happy. I loved their friendship and the way the author flipped back and forth between each storyline. I couldn't stop reading. A fantastic story!

Sweet Temptation